Deep scratch found after delivery.

One thing to consider, though it certainly sucks is a repaint can never be of the same quality as the factory paint. The methods used are not the same so technically by fixing it you may be sacrifing the quality of paint on the rest of the panel, also it may not be a perfect match. It's certainly a bad situation.

Truck just got its first rain bath today and noticed a deep scratch right above the passenger side headlight that was touched up before I took delivery. Went back to a video I took of truck on delivery day and can see the same area.

It is deep enough to require a repaint which bums me out. Also bummed that I didn't immediately notice it until today from all the dust covering the truck.

What would you do in this situation? Selling dealer is 3 hours away, and I'm sure the local dealership wouldn't be happy to have to fix this crap.

CPb0bBx.jpg
Brother Hooves, I’m so sorry to hear this. That would bother me to no end. My advice is always pray a prayer to Our Lord and Savior JESUS CHRIST asking for HIS Almighty Help and guidance. This blows.
Bronco Brother hang tuff and try to keep your cool. Worse case if you had to have it painted on your own dime (which would blow big hairy ball sack) you are going to have some sick adventures in your sexy beast. Hopefully this will be a distant and vague memory my friend.

For everyone else that reads this thread and still didn’t pick up their Beasts yet, here is a thread that may help anyone out. Check out CCW’s post on August 15th. He has a very detailed list of what to check out before you take ownership of your beast.
https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/what-to-check-when-you-go-to-pick-up-your-new-tremor.3292/page-5

I think this was most definitely someone at the dealership, doing the touch up work. I don't think the factory would touch up paint like that. It'd be quicker to slap a new piece on.

Scratch may have happened at the factory, rail yard, or dealer.

But the dealership saw it, and tried to mitigate it. The "inventory control manager" walks around with an orange pencil? Hmm... ask to see the pencil. Seems like red flags to me. Just my 2 cents.

By the way, it doesn't mean the whole dealership is at fault. It could just be one person.

Either way, I'm glad they are correcting it for you. Good luck.

I think this was most definitely someone at the dealership, doing the touch up work. I don't think the factory would touch up paint like that. It'd be quicker to slap a new piece on.

Scratch may have happened at the factory, rail yard, or dealer.

But the dealership saw it, and tried to mitigate it. The "inventory control manager" walks around with an orange pencil? Hmm... ask to see the pencil. Seems like red flags to me. Just my 2 cents.

By the way, it doesn't mean the whole dealership is at fault. It could just be one person.

Either way, I'm glad they are correcting it for you. Good luck.
Actually, it could've been Ground Effects that did the scratch (the people that do accessories and spray in liners)

Dealer is going to arrange a trailer to be brought to pick up my truck.

😊
Awesome! Glad they are making it right.

Now do a detailed walk around of your truck with photos inside and out before it's loaded so they don't fuck anything else up. Dealer bodyshops, in my experience, can also be very careless. I had to supervise the guy assembling my interior trim piece on my SD because he was trying to half ass it and would have broken more along the way.

Awesome! Glad they are making it right.

Now do a detailed walk around of your truck with photos inside and out before it's loaded so they don't fuck anything else up. Dealer bodyshops, in my experience, can also be very careless. I had to supervise the guy assembling my interior trim piece on my SD because he was trying to half ass it and would have broken more along the way.
That's a very good point. Also protects you if whoever is towing it messes it up somehow.

Actually, it could've been Ground Effects that did the scratch (the people that do accessories and spray in liners)
Glad to hear they are addressing it! You make a good point about GFX - I didn't think about that but it is an added loop in the process before it gets rail shipped with added handling, transfer, etc

Guys, i know these things are upsetting. But my first thought was, why aren’t you checking your 70-80K trucks, inch by inch, on delivery. Inside and out, paint job, all doors windows, electronics! Included accessories. Everything! I see so many of these posts on super dutys and f150s people coming home and noticing a defect then guessing where it could have happened - in transit on a dealer lots, factory, etc. then having to prove to the dealer that it wasn’t you who did the damage.

all this could be avoided if you planned your delivery day and allocated an extra 2-3 hours to inspect your rig on delivery. Test drive it, get underneath it, go system by system and do all cosmetic checks.

At least that’s exactly what i plan on doing during my delivery so that i won’t have to play the victim later on.

Truck just got its first rain bath today and noticed a deep scratch right above the passenger side headlight that was touched up before I took delivery. Went back to a video I took of truck on delivery day and can see the same area.

It is deep enough to require a repaint which bums me out. Also bummed that I didn't immediately notice it until today from all the dust covering the truck.

What would you do in this situation? Selling dealer is 3 hours away, and I'm sure the local dealership wouldn't be happy to have to fix this crap.

CPb0bBx.jpg
I would be very upset too!
I would drive back (I know it’s 3 hours) and get there super early when they open and demand to speak with ownership or a general manager…..
If they don’t fix it then you can make a sign (and stand out in the road) that says “Don’t buy here…They sold me a scratched truck!”

Truck came back today 'repaired'. Unfortunately they did a half ass job and they messed up my fender flare lip that wasn't messed up previously. There's also a white speck now on the fender where there wasn't previously.

They didn't respray it correctly like I asked, as the original deep scratch is faintly still visible.

I recommend you stay away from this dealer. Wasted a week of my time when it was supposed to take 2 days.

Last edited:
Back