Deep scratch found after delivery.

BroncoHooves

Tremor Development
Founding Member
Tremor R&D 🧰
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Truck just got its first rain bath today and noticed a deep scratch right above the passenger side headlight that was touched up before I took delivery. Went back to a video I took of truck on delivery day and can see the same area.

It is deep enough to require a repaint which bums me out. Also bummed that I didn't immediately notice it until today from all the dust covering the truck.

What would you do in this situation? Selling dealer is 3 hours away, and I'm sure the local dealership wouldn't be happy to have to fix this crap.

CPb0bBx.jpg

That sucks! I am tolerant of alot but that would have me on the phone with the dealer. Maybe they can work something out with a local body shop and/or the local dealer?

Looking at the picture you can see the touchup attempt in the lower portion too.

Sorry man, that just blows...

Truck just got its first rain bath today and noticed a deep scratch right above the passenger side headlight that was touched up before I took delivery. Went back to a video I took of truck on delivery day and can see the same area.

It is deep enough to require a repaint which bums me out. Also bummed that I didn't immediately notice it until today from all the dust covering the truck.

What would you do in this situation? Selling dealer is 3 hours away, and I'm sure the local dealership wouldn't be happy to have to fix this crap.

CPb0bBx.jpg
if the dealer was decent, they would drive down and pick your truck up and leave you a loaner while the fixed your truck.

My rim was scratched to hell from the dealer. Truck wasn't washed so didn't notice until I got home 20 min later and of course they blamed me for it. They ended up getting me a loner and powder coated the rim. Rim turned out good but took several days to complete. Dealer stepped up to fix it right. Good luck getting that scratch fixed.

Dealer just said "We don't touch up scratches and send them to customers without telling them"
My question would be why they detail dept doesn't notice this and tell someone so it can be relayed to the customer... Good luck with your resolution.

You have every right to be pissed. The plant doesn't do half ass work like that, it wouldn't make it off the line, they would hold it. Maybe at the rail yard unloading but then it was missed by the dealer.

Since the scratch is clearly filled in with red paint, is this good evidence for my case if I have to call Ford corporate?

I'd hope the entire fender would be repainted since it's a tinted clearcoat.

I'd be hopping mad. Fu** that Sh** ask for the owner. That is total bull. They need to fix it and fix it right which means painting the whole panel and blending it into the other panels. Do not let them get away with this,

That sucks. Good luck, my truck had paint damage on the rear bumper I did not notice upon delivery. The dealer took care of it for me, because it had been obviously done at the factory.

If it comes down to it (hopefully not), can any Michigan members here help me out at the upper levels of Ford?

Last edited:
Something like this shouldn't piss me off but it does.
I think it should piss you off, they didnt give you the truck, you paid an ass load for this and its fair to expect a level of quality. A small blemish…maybe, this scratch, nope…and clearly big enough someone tried to hide it, an acknowledgement that it was wrong and should have been fixed or at least disclosed to you. I think the dealer is full of shit, they did it, if not they should have seen it when they prepped the vehicle for you and told you. You are the customer, Im pretty easy going, but this stuff gets me pissed, especially that someone tried to hide it, that dishonesty thing.

Imo the dealer definitely did it. They have access to touchup paint at the parts counter and motive.
You have every right to be pissed. The plant doesn't do half ass work like that, it wouldn't make it off the line, they would hold it. Maybe at the rail yard unloading but then it was missed by the dealer.
Lol... Mine made it off the line with interior trim panels not affixed properly 😅

I hope they can make some agreement to have my local dealer that's 1 minute away fix it. Don't really want the truck to go 3 hours away again and then putting a ton of miles on it if they don't flatbed it. Plus, I still need a truck in the interim..

Back