DECKED Truck Storage System vs Tonneau Cover?

modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco

Anyone thinking about add DECKED storage to their Tremor? I like the concept but unsure about losing the bed space when traveling. It's nice to have all of your suitcases/gear/etc under a tonneau cover. Would like to hear some pros/cons.

I had a decked system in the past that I stored my long guns in while traveling on hunting trips. The main issue I had with it was storing tools and other items that were too wide or too tall to fit in the drawers. I think it would be a great system if one was a contractor who needed to store the usual tools of the trade. It keeps them secured out of sight and easily accessed by the sliding drawers.

I installed a black Diamondback HD cover on my Tremor and love it so far. It is easy on the eyes, provides plenty of security and leaves room under it for footlockers, toolboxes, totes, yeti coolers, etc. I even brought home a 119 gallon pressure tank the other day by just folding back the rear lid over to make room for the 5' tall tank. It is even stout enough to support 1600 lb loaded on top of it and can easily be removed and reinstalled by myself in 10-15 minutes. No complaints with it so far other than the price.

Last edited:
Have you posted pics of the Diamondback already?
I thought I did, but here are a couple just in case I didn’t
89FC8412-3AA8-4A25-8A4D-E47B0DDDDA6A.jpeg
74D0BB30-C88F-49D1-B8ED-3C239F01A1DE.jpeg

That looks great. I really like all the cleats for tie-downs. Thanks for the pics!

I've had similar thoughts, and I'm also wondering (for those who've already installed it) whether the approx. 6" dead space toward the tailgate makes a difference since the Decked system doesn't run the entirety of the bed?

Something I thought of doing was using only half of the Decked system (on one side), drilling and installing some metal hooks (screw eyes) to secure the center section to the bed and having the best of both worlds. Half the bed for a Decked storage purpose and flatter items, and half the bed for taller items... thoughts?

Sorry for the delay, haven't logged on in a while. In hindsight, I actually like the gap. My water jug for the dogs fits perfect and holds in place. I've also stored taller items there. It's still very secure and you can't get to items in your drawers.

Doing my research on mods prior to my trucks arrival and I'm looking into a Diamondback cover with the SXS racks, but still want to have storage while the SXS is loaded if necessary and thinking a decked system is the way to go. Do you think there is enough clearance between cover and decked floor to allow for ramps to slide in? Ramps are 3 in thick i believe so I would think so but just want to be sure. Any thoughts on this set up? Anyone else with a diamondback SXS rack system?

Doing my research on mods prior to my trucks arrival and I'm looking into a Diamondback cover with the SXS racks, but still want to have storage while the SXS is loaded if necessary and thinking a decked system is the way to go. Do you think there is enough clearance between cover and decked floor to allow for ramps to slide in? Ramps are 3 in thick i believe so I would think so but just want to be sure. Any thoughts on this set up? Anyone else with a diamondback SXS rack system?
Based on the height of the decked drawers and the depth of the box you should have space between the two for loading ramps

Thank you sir.
Just FYI the truck box in about 21" tall and the decked drawers are about 12" tall from what I remember. The locking bars on the diamondback cover do hang down a bit but not much. You should have at least 6-8 inches of a gap between the two

Thats really what I was wondering, was how much drop there was on the Diamondback cover. Thinking his will give me best of both worlds...storage and access when loaded or not.

Still working on pulling the trigger on this Diamondback SXS hauler set up and just wondering about bridge/overpass clearance. Anybody have the standard height of truck bed from ground for stock Tremor? Was freaking out earlier when using truck height!! ? Duh, need a bed height. :LOL: I'm assuming it will be fine with the SXS I have but just wondering what the numbers are. Thx

Anyone thinking about add DECKED storage to their Tremor? I like the concept but unsure about losing the bed space when traveling. It's nice to have all of your suitcases/gear/etc under a tonneau cover. Would like to hear some pros/cons.
If the numbers work out, I’ll be picking up my star white F350 Platinum as my work truck, I like this system and will look into this system. Thanks for the great review.

Anybodys thoughts/recommendations on "Bedslides"? I would be happy with 70% extension and Min 1.5K capacity.... Thx??

Back