Deciding Between Options - Forgot to Add Something Small

CenTexTremor

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2019 F150 Platinum
I have a Tremor on order that has just been built. It is a 2022 Lariat in Carbonized Gray with the black appearance package. I built it with pretty much everything I could have wanted, except I left off (or the dealer forgot to add in their order) the rain sensing wipers and the heated steering. It is one of those things that I don't really think I need, but I feel like every time it is cold or raining I will curse myself for not double checking and making sure it was included.

I am ordering the truck at a dealer closer to where I will be moving in a month or so. However, the dealer currently near me has a 2022 Lariat Tremor in Carbonized Gray with the Sport Appearance package. They also have a 2022 Platinum Tremor in White. So, I have 3 options:

1. Stick with the original build and forgo the rain sensing wipers and heater steering.

2. Get the other Lariat which will not have heated rear seats (on the truck I ordered), the sport instead of the black appearance, and no goose neck package (on the ordered, but not sure I would really use it)

3. Get the Platinum. Would have rain sensing, heated steering and rear seats, but will have a slightly different appearance and no goose neck prep.

I ordered the original Tremor at a smaller dealership and don't want to look like a a-hole that goes through the process or building something just to buy somewhere else, but I would rather not be angry every time I would be in the position to use the options I left off.

Any opinions on what I should do would be much appreciated. I plan on keeping whatever truck I buy for a long time, so I am not particularly concerned about short term resale value.

I have a Tremor on order that has just been built. It is a 2022 Lariat in Carbonized Gray with the black appearance package. I built it with pretty much everything I could have wanted, except I left off (or the dealer forgot to add in their order) the rain sensing wipers and the heated steering. It is one of those things that I don't really think I need, but I feel like every time it is cold or raining I will curse myself for not double checking and making sure it was included.

I am ordering the truck at a dealer closer to where I will be moving in a month or so. However, the dealer currently near me has a 2022 Lariat Tremor in Carbonized Gray with the Sport Appearance package. They also have a 2022 Platinum Tremor in White. So, I have 3 options:

1. Stick with the original build and forgo the rain sensing wipers and heater steering.

2. Get the other Lariat which will not have heated rear seats (on the truck I ordered), the sport instead of the black appearance, and no goose neck package (on the ordered, but not sure I would really use it)

3. Get the Platinum. Would have rain sensing, heated steering and rear seats, but will have a slightly different appearance and no goose neck prep.

I ordered the original Tremor at a smaller dealership and don't want to look like a a-hole that goes through the process or building something just to buy somewhere else, but I would rather not be angry every time I would be in the position to use the options I left off.

Any opinions on what I should do would be much appreciated. I plan on keeping whatever truck I buy for a long time, so I am not particularly concerned about short term resale value.
I believe you can add the heated steering wheel after the fact, just need to enable it with Forscan. Look up threads where folks did a Raptor steering wheel swap.

Assuming my memory is right and that’s possible, my vote is stick with your original build and get the heated steering wheel after the fact (either Raptor wheel with paddle shifters or regular wheel)! Live without the rain sensing wipers.

I believe you can add the heated steering wheel after the fact, just need to enable it with Forscan. Look up threads where folks did a Raptor steering wheel swap.

Assuming my memory is right and that’s possible, my vote is stick with your original build and get the heated steering wheel after the fact (either Raptor wheel with paddle shifters or regular wheel)! Live without the rain sensing wipers.
I agree - sounds like with either of the two other options you’re moving further away from what you originally ordered.

I went through the same lament as I forgot to add the 60W option. I stuck with my build and have almost all the parts to add it after the fact. There are a few differences from previous model years due to sync4, etc. I will post a summary when it is all completed.

Had a chance to look it up and this post has the details of swapping in a heated steering wheel. It’s more involved than I was thinking, though doable. Worth noting that this post is from 2020 which means the specific parts may not be right for a 2022, but it’s likely to be generally the same process.

Had a chance to look it up and this post has the details of swapping in a heated steering wheel. It’s more involved than I was thinking, though doable. Worth noting that this post is from 2020 which means the specific parts may not be right for a 2022, but it’s likely to be generally the same process.

Thanks for the info. I would really like to stay with my original build, I am just trying to avoid the telling myself I could have gotten something different even though the option isn't really that big of a deal. Plus, it being such a cheap add on is a major pain.

I am looking into options on changing the steering wheel after market.

Reactions: ccw
I went through the same lament as I forgot to add the 60W option. I stuck with my build and have almost all the parts to add it after the fact. There are a few differences from previous model years due to sync4, etc. I will post a summary when it is all completed.
Very interested in hearing about this. Any estimate on the current cost to do so?

Approximate costs are:

Heated Wheel: $300-350 (find a OEM takeoff) or you can go with a Raptor for a few hundy more...
Clock spring: $100
Module: $100
Clips: $15
Harness: $150

You can probably recoup some cost if you sell your wheel. I will probably do that.

Except for the module and clips everything else from the factory has very little cost difference so you are basically duplicating those purchases. I'm ok with that and figured if I can do the swap for a net cost of $500 it would be worth it to me. I will be right around that if I sell my original wheel. I don't think there is much market for the original clock spring but who knows...

If I had reordered and it cost me an additional month I would have that in an extra payment on my last vehicle which was month to month. In reality it probably would have been two. I accepted the fact that I missed it and went for the most efficient option that got me the vehicle I wanted. Note that I actually do not like rain sensing wipers and never would have used that feature anyway. You may have a different opinion.

Whatever you decide, don’t forget the up fitter switches and garage door opener on visor.

I don't care about heated rears not like I can drive from the back lol

I originally ordered my '22 without those options but eventually caved and added it. With that said, I really wouldn't care that much about not having the rain sensing wipers or heated steering wheel - I'd just take your original truck.

I originally ordered my '22 without those options but eventually caved and added it. With that said, I really wouldn't care that much about not having the rain sensing wipers or heated steering wheel - I'd just take your original truck.
That is what I am planning on doing. I went into a dealer ready to buy the Platinum yesterday just to avoid missing any interior options, but someone was already in financing for it.

I will just wait until others complete the steering wheel swap on the '22 and do the same.

I will just wait until others complete the steering wheel swap on the '22 and do the same.

All my parts are either ordered or in hand now. I hope to have this done within the next month and will be happy to assist with anything when you are ready - assuming all goes as intended. :p

All my parts are either ordered or in hand now. I hope to have this done within the next month and will be happy to assist with anything when you are ready - assuming all goes as intended. :p
Awesome, I really appreciate it. I have never really done any modding on previous vehicles myself, so this would be super helpful.

Latest Discussions

Back