F 🌲 50
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7 Tremor Lithium Gray
First Responder
Retired LEO
Looking for recommendations for a decent dash cam preferably with a screen on the back side to view what’s being captured. Excellent night vision and clarity. Anyone hard wired mirror tapped one in?

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

I purchased one last year, was going to set it up in my Old Truck, my father passed away couple days later and I forgot I have it someplace.
In some closet or ?????? I will have to find it and set it up.

I wouldn’t wire tap the mirror as you lose the parking mode ability if you want protection while parked.

This is the one I just ordered w/LTE

https://blackvue.com/dashcams/lte

DR750-2CH-LTE-main-features.png

Does anyone have experience from the one that ford offeres. I was thinking about using my points on it. I also like that it's intergrated into the trucks wiring.

Does anyone have experience from the one that ford offeres. I was thinking about using my points on it. I also like that it's intergrated into the trucks wiring.

That's interesting, I didn't know Ford even sold those...

So I have now 3 sets of these cameras and they are great 1080p front and rear they are not the best camera on the market but for $150 it records everything while you drive one and rear and has a good app and the video quality is really good also has a gps speed and a hit and run mode as well

I have Viofo A129 4Ks with rear 1080p in my kids cars. Been great so far. If you live in a hot environment then you want to do some researc. Seems like the ones that are not capacitor ones die in the heat.

I ordered these:

Vantrue N4 3 Channel Dash Cam​

CERRXIAN 9Inch Mini USB Cable Combo​

SimpleUSBPort Automotive Mirror to Dashcam Voltage Converter (16-pin, Select Ford Vehicles) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088P4VFQ7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_hou8FbXDQAGR3

They will arrive tomorrow. Will let you know in a few days my feedback after install.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Nextbase 622GW looks a very nice unit. Surprising that they don't provide an OBD power plug. Ciggy lighter power? Really?

Decided against the Nextbase largely because it doesn't rely on a capacitor so it is more heat sensitive. Went with Viofo A139. So far quite happy:

excellent cameras
Good features
5Gb wifi
small unit
decent reliable app
their optical cable that connects rear cam to main is 1/2 the thickness of anybody else's which makes routing it easier

Latest Discussions

Back