no death wobble here...........installed at 3000 miles

Attachments

• PMF_SS_Pass.jpg
    PMF_SS_Pass.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 76
  • PMF_SS_Ctr.jpg
    PMF_SS_Ctr.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 77
I have had a 2000 f250, 2006 f250, 2011 f250, 2013 f350srw, 2016 f350srw and now a 2021 f250 tremor; they were all 4x4 diesels, the 2011 & 2021 have 2" leveling kits. All of them starting with the 2011 had 20"wheels with 35" tires (except the 221 tremor, it has the 18s). I drive 50-60,000 miles a year, the truck is my mobile office, tow a 44' toy-hauler, tow heavy and lightweight, mostly I am riding around empty. I don't cut it any slack; usually in the left lane going 83-92 on the interstate. i pull off of the road dozens of times a day, from downtown ATL to country sticks. It's a truck, I like to play, do stupid shit, buy another one after you trash it or wreck it (kidding, almost). Hell I got pulled over in South Carolina once by the state patrol pulling my triple axle 5th wheel toy-hauler with a RZR in the garage going 93.... and talked my way out of a ticket!- un-believable.
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM HAS HAD IT AT TIMES (except for the new Tremor, its too new)
Y'all are correct about the suspension being worn and lifts being a factory, but it has a hell of a lot to do with your tires. If the tires are wearing unevenly or are just worn down to 30-40% them you can figure your chances of a D.W. have greatly increased. Then go get you some new tires and see how quick it stops, at least for a while. Its mainly a tire thing in my book!

I've never experienced it in any super duty i've owned thankfully. seems to be more common in lifted trucks with no compensation made in the drag link or track bar
when you say lifted, do you think a basic 2" level kit with no trackbar mods could cause premature DW? I have a 2021 F250 and i leveled it and added 35s... ( first 3/4 ton truck so im relatively new to all this straight axle, DW talk) You think it would be beneficial to add steering stabilizer setup or just add an adjustable trackbar? Truck only has 3000 miles on it and drives fine. Im a construction equipment salesman so truck is used mainly as driver between jobsites, nothing overly rough though. Just trying to figure out best way to make front end last longest.

no death wobble here...........installed at 3000 miles
Same kit here! not a fix if you already have it but will prevent the parts from wearing out and causing the problem. It just takes a bit of wear. Installing the dual kit with fresh front end parts is a good idea.

Ignore the Amsoil corrosion coating. I loaded it up since the salt is bad and those new Fox Shocks need love to. I did not notice any difference in the drive with the dual kit and I kept the old stock part on.
IMG_6550.jpeg

I've never experienced it in any super duty i've owned thankfully. seems to be more common in lifted trucks with no compensation made in the drag link or track bar
I ride motorcycles, now when the front-end wobbles and you only have 2 wheels, death can and has resulted. I have driven over 200,000 miles in various F250's and never experienced any kind of wobble. But I also have never modified or altered the front ends. I have also driven many miles with a CJ7 and Wragler Jeeps, both of which had been lifted. Some people seem to gravitate to low quality suspension components to achieve a goal to save money. You have a 6 to 7 thousand pound vehicle carrying you and your family, I feel suspension is not a place to be compromised with cheap, low quality products. Just my opinion!

I ride motorcycles, now when the front-end wobbles and you only have 2 wheels, death can and has resulted. I have driven over 200,000 miles in various F250's and never experienced any kind of wobble. But I also have never modified or altered the front ends. I have also driven many miles with a CJ7 and Wragler Jeeps, both of which had been lifted. Some people seem to gravitate to low quality suspension components to achieve a goal to save money. You have a 6 to 7 thousand pound vehicle carrying you and your family, I feel suspension is not a place to be compromised with cheap, low quality products. Just my opinion!
Yeah that's a common theme unfortunately.

when you say lifted, do you think a basic 2" level kit with no trackbar mods could cause premature DW? I have a 2021 F250 and i leveled it and added 35s... ( first 3/4 ton truck so im relatively new to all this straight axle, DW talk) You think it would be beneficial to add steering stabilizer setup or just add an adjustable trackbar? Truck only has 3000 miles on it and drives fine. Im a construction equipment salesman so truck is used mainly as driver between jobsites, nothing overly rough though. Just trying to figure out best way to make front end last longest.
I've never experienced it like i said so I'm not sure. But my mechanic friends say that they see torn track bar bushings on lifted trucks. When you lift he front end and keep the stock track bar the front axle gets pulled to the driver side. The vulcanized rubber bushing on the frame end of the track bar twists and tears i guess. supposedly that's the most common cause of wobble after bad tires

Has anyone experienced death wobble on the 2020 Super Dutys?
I have a 2020 F250, 20,000 miles. Pulling a horse trailer down Mount Eagle mt last weekend, it started shaking violently. We've owned and pulled with F250 and F350 for 40 years and I've never had that before. Coming home with trailer, I hit a break in pavement and had the same DW again. Truck heading to dealer and they are replacing Steering Linkage Damper, that they are offering as a fix.

No...but...

This weekend, my wife and I were near CalPoly (where our son and money goes...) and were driving down the highway, next to a CalTrans F350 with a utility body on the back. It was the one with the big fender flares molded into the body...

As the truck ran over a "horizontal seam" in the roadway, I saw the left front wheel start to wobble, and then do it more, and then more. As I passed the truck, the driver was sort of moving the steering wheel back and forth and he slowed down a bit. It seemed like this was just part of his day. It was interesting to see this "in person" vs. on a video. I was a little worried until I got out in front of him.

Back