Death Wobble on the 2020 Super Dutys?

Feel the Tremor ?

But really.. the stories I’ve read do play in the back of my head. I’ve never bought a new vehicle before and I’ve never paid more then $10k for one either. Shelling out $60k+ and then having this show up doesn’t help. ?‍♂️?

Google F250 Death Wobble. There are report of it dating back as far as 2005. A minor to violent shaking of the truck that can occur over 45mph when hitting a minor road bump. There are a couple lawsuits and a class action also against Ford over it.

Fought the death wobble in my 92 Dodge at 225k miles. Put a kit on with two shock absorbers across the front axle and viola. So as per my original question why ask about a death wobble in a 2020 if none have been reported? Especially, in a suspension that is a different set up than anything made. Sounds like a bunch of pearl clutching to me.

Fought the death wobble in my 92 Dodge at 225k miles. Put a kit on with two shock absorbers across the front axle and viola. So as per my original question why ask about a death wobble in a 2020 if none have been reported? Especially, in a suspension that is a different set up than anything made. Sounds like a bunch of pearl clutching to me.

The F250 DW issue has been reported since as far back as 2005 over several different suspension setups.

I have fought death wobble on a number of solid front axle vehicles, especially those with a panhard bar equipped suspension design. I am sure that with adequate wear on the suspension components, death wobble could occur on my Tremor, but doubt it will be an issue for a long time.

Ed

None here either. It's not limited to F250s, though. It's a phenomenon with solid front axle vehicles due to the design of the axle coupled with poor implementation. If you search "death wobble" online, most results actually come back with Jeeps.

One guy on here reported death wobble...he had 5600 miles if I recall. My coworker had it at 20k miles on his 19 F250.

I have had a 2005, 2015, and new Tremor and never had death wobble. In fact I only experienced bump steer in my Tremor a couple of times (still amazed by this).

Back