Dealership wanted $140.00 to update my Ford Sync.

PapaRaptor

Tremor Maniac
Reaction Points
Current Ride
6.7 F350 Tremor "Velocity" Blue Lariat Sport
Current Ride #2
7.3 F350 Iconic silver THE SILVER FOX
I was at the service Department today for a check engine light. The one for the air filter sensor. They updated my system N/C, I asked since it was in could they update my Ford Sync and they said it was a $140.00 Charge. He told me to go home let the truck run outside with my WIFI and update. He also told me the truck could idle all day long no worries causes its a diesel. I think he was a new guy first day or something.

I have the att hotspot and it auto updated while I was driving to work it took 15 mins ... Only 2 mins to download it

I pulled up next to my house in the front yard. I was able to get my truck to pick up the WIFI from my house. It took between 10-20 mins to update. I did not notice anything different. My truck was last updated in March upon delivery.

I pulled up next to my house in the front yard. I was able to get my truck to pick up the WIFI from my house. It took between 10-20 mins to update. I did not notice anything different. My truck was last updated in March upon delivery.
most times there wont be a difference in how it operates or looks. It'll just be bug fixes, less crashing etc.

Where do I locate the update when connected to my home wifi?

Why does the engine have to be running? Why can't you just have the Accessories powered up? If you sat in the truck and read a book you could keep it on when it tries to power down every 5 minutes, couldn't you?

Latest Discussions

Back