Dealership saying Tremor doesn't count for X Plan?

Raptor07

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Local dealership to me is saying X Plan Pricing does not apply since they bought the truck from another dealership. Does this sound right? It appears as if it may be against the X Plan rules.

When I picked my truck up a week ago, they said the new Tremors will not get the Costco discount, which is very near the X-plan. It seems to me that limitation would be for on-the-lot trucks because they are difficult to obtain and demand is high. I would think you can get the discounts if you order one. The wait was painful but I love everything about it and I don't have to ever think I settled for too much or too little, or some of each.

The dealerships in Austin wouldn't honor X-Plan pricing on Tremors. The best deal I could get was $500/off. However a dealership 200 miles away (Gary @ Jim Bass Ford in San Angelo, TX) from me beat x-plan pricing. You really just have to shop around for these trucks.

I got a deal better than X plan. I’d say shop around some more if they’re not willing to negotiate.

A dealer ultimately has the say weather or not they accept X-plan but Ford doesn’t restrict the Tremor from X-plan. From the Ford Partner site.

“Vehicles may be ordered from production or, if the dealer agrees, may be selected from the inventory of the dealership. Dealers are not required to participate, but if they do, they must be an authorized Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company dealer for the product sold and agree to abide by the New Vehicle Purchase Program guidelines set forth in this document.”

Here is the list of what Ford won’t let quality For X-plan.

• Continental Black Label Coach Doors (800A/31C)
• Fiesta S (100A)
o Fiesta S (100A) is eligible for AZ-Plan only
• Mustang Shelby GT350
• Mustang Shelby GT500
• Mustang Bullitt
• Ford GT
• F-150 Raptor
• F-450 & F-550 Chassis Cabs
• E-Series: E-450 Cutaway & E-450 Stripped Chassis
• F-Series Stripped Chassis: F-53 Class A Motorhome Chassis & F59
Commercial Stripped Chassis
• F-650 & F-750 Chassis Cabs

I ordered my F250 Tremor a month ago in Arizona and they added in my X-plan pricing on it.

I got x-plan pricing from the dealership I bought from, was denied xplan from another dealership I reached out to first, its up to the dealer to make the call

I was told by a dealership after trying to haggle that they couldn't go any lower because its a "limited edition" truck.

Sorry, a package option doesn't make it a limited edition truck. Went to a different dealer and they would accept x-plan no problem. I also was able to get them to go $700 below invoice.

Just depends on the dealership.

I'd call Ford. X plan lists vehicles that are explicitly not covered by X Plan and they're the shelby mustangs, raptors, and F450-750. It says NOTHING about F250/350 with an option package.

X plan says participating dealers HAVE to honor it. I'd call Ford corporate and let them know a dealer is refusing their responsibilities under the plan. Not all dealers are plan participants, but any that are have to follow the rules.

A dealer ultimately has the say weather or not they accept X-plan but Ford doesn’t restrict the Tremor from X-plan. From the Ford Partner site.

“Vehicles may be ordered from production or, if the dealer agrees, may be selected from the inventory of the dealership. Dealers are not required to participate, but if they do, they must be an authorized Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company dealer for the product sold and agree to abide by the New Vehicle Purchase Program guidelines set forth in this document.”

Here is the list of what Ford won’t let quality For X-plan.

• Continental Black Label Coach Doors (800A/31C)
• Fiesta S (100A)
o Fiesta S (100A) is eligible for AZ-Plan only
• Mustang Shelby GT350
• Mustang Shelby GT500
• Mustang Bullitt
• Ford GT
• F-150 Raptor
• F-450 & F-550 Chassis Cabs
• E-Series: E-450 Cutaway & E-450 Stripped Chassis
• F-Series Stripped Chassis: F-53 Class A Motorhome Chassis & F59
Commercial Stripped Chassis
• F-650 & F-750 Chassis Cabs
My reading of that is that if the dealer is a plan participant they have to honor the pricing on any vehicle not explicitly excluded, but a dealership can opt out of plan pricing altogether.

I was told by a dealership after trying to haggle that they couldn't go any lower because its a "limited edition" truck.

Sorry, a package option doesn't make it a limited edition truck. Went to a different dealer and they would accept x-plan no problem. I also was able to get them to go $700 below invoice.

When I was shopping was fed the same BS about how the Tremor was harder to get than a Raptor and had to pay sticker from 1 dealer. Luckily many other dealerships that are honest and treat it as it actually is just a package on a Superduty.
My reading of that is that if the dealer is a plan participant they have to honor the pricing on any vehicle not explicitly excluded, but a dealership can opt out of plan pricing altogether.
Good point, may need to push that to Ford and see what they do about it if OP is ready to buy the one on the lot at X-plan pricing.

X-Plan is higher than what I paid for this Tremor and my last F150. Shop around. X-Plan is the lazy and more expensive way to shop. In my opinion.

X-Plan is higher than what I paid for this Tremor and my last F150. Shop around. X-Plan is the lazy and more expensive way to shop. In my opinion.
I've called 5 dealers in SoCal. None told me they'd go lower than 1K below sticker. I told them I'd come in to order a truck if they'll work on price can cut the shit and they said "this truck is so special, 1K under sticker is the best we can do, call us if you change your mind". I basically said, "so you don't want me to come in to talk about this" and they all said something like "you can come in we'd love to sell you a truck but you're not getting it for any less than this which is already a smoking deal"...

It really depends on market. SoCal car dealers seem to get away with serious BS. Still working through a list of dealers but so far, X Plan will be a hell of a lot better than any of these clowns are offering.

I have a call in to a Phoenix dealer at this point and I told him when I sent my build to not bother if he's not coming back well under sticker and he said oh yeah that won't be a problem, so we'll see. I'll gladly hop on a plane to phoenix and spend a night and then enjoy a long drive back to L.A. in a new truck. Hoping to hear back from him today.

You should buy from Texas and ship it. You can get one well below Invoice. That's thousands below MSRP "sticker". Worth it.

I paid x-plan in minnesota
and -2000 pco on my 2021 tremor
order last week, but they would not budge one penny more...it is a nice looking truck but I would not be saying it is a limited edition truck, it’s just dealer greed

You should buy from Texas and ship it. You can get one well below Invoice. That's thousands below MSRP "sticker". Worth it.
Will do if the AZ dealer comes back with bad pricing. Thanks for the tip.

Got a particular TX dealer in mind?

I bought mine at Town East Ford in Mesquite, TX. Ranger Oppert was my salesman. I have not bought a new car since 2008, and admit up front, I am not someone to follow for car deals. I was happy with Ranger however. Seems like an honest and up front guy.

I did use my X-Plan pricing (again, I am no good a car deals) and there was no issue with the Tremor package added to my King Ranch F350 back in 2019 when I ordered and paid the bill.

Ed

Depends on area and if long travel to get something is practical. Most dealerships within a long days drive from me were at invoice or a little below at best. Factor in the doc fees and X-plan was within a few dollars of most the dealerships I got quotes from. Looked in to flying and after travel costs was not saving enough to warrant the travel time and cost. My local dealer beat X-plan by a good amount and was the cheapest quote and a added bonus and no travel needed. My friend who is looking now is having a harder time getting better than X-plan pricing on in stock truck with the options he wants due to low inventory.

Was caught by surprise today on X-plan pricing, my dealer has been telling me they would honor X-plan price. When I went in today to get the build date of my Tremor, the dealer brought up the order site to check on the status and at the top of the order page, in big red letters, it said: "This vehicle not eligible for X-Plan or partner pricing." He showed me the screen and said he was going to call an check because he didn't think it was correct. Seeing the discussion here, I wonder if Ford is adding Tremor to the list. The Raptor is on it so maybe they decided to add the Tremor. If a dealer has not checked the Ford order site, they may not be aware if this is a new change to X-Plan.

Back