Dealer won’t apply Private Cash Offer

Chapman insists it has to match my address and e-mail. Even said "not transferable out of household" as if receiving mail at a PO Box is somehow a different household.

You can clearly sense my frustration--I'd almost rather have not rec'd the PCO than to get it and illogically not be able to use it.
I would set up a meeting with the manager at Chapman and go in and call Ford Marketing together, while on speaker phone! So you can chime in as well. That's the only way it's going to get resolved.

I would set up a meeting with the manager at Chapman and go in and call Ford Marketing together, while on speaker phone! So you can chime in as well. That's the only way it's going to get resolved.
I hear ya. If I were local, I'd already be there in person. The owner is the one replying to my e-mails, so I started off optimistic for resolution.

One more call to Ford Marketing by me to ask very specific questions on this and then I will basically script the questions I want asked from teh dealer to the Marketing Communications Center.

It may be a lost casue as the PCO expired 9/30 and my truck (AS) isn't even scheduled yet, but I started trying on 9/10 after hearing from this forum that some were able to 'lock in' the PCO between order and delivery.

I hear ya. If I were local, I'd already be there in person. The owner is the one replying to my e-mails, so I started off optimistic for resolution.

One more call to Ford Marketing by me to ask very specific questions on this and then I will basically script the questions I want asked from teh dealer to the Marketing Communications Center.

It may be a lost casue as the PCO expired 9/30 and my truck (AS) isn't even scheduled yet, but I started trying on 9/10 after hearing from this forum that some were able to 'lock in' the PCO between order and delivery.
I would call Ford Marketing. From my conversation if you do not have the VIN and your PCO has expired you will have to get a new one. The VIN only helps if the dealer can write it up and it shows you have actually purchased it. Not real sure on how that works exactly but will find out sooner than later if I can get a VIN.

I would call Ford Marketing. From my conversation if you do not have the VIN and your PCO has expired you will have to get a new one. The VIN only helps if the dealer can write it up and it shows you have actually purchased it. Not real sure on how that works exactly but will find out sooner than later if I can get a VIN.
That may indeed be accurate. @Frazior had a different experience (see post #41 in this thread), though that may have been an overly kind exception.

I called Ford Marketing yesterday. Spoke to a girl name SHELBY! LOL! I asked her to make sure Ford had my address on file and to send me a brochure for 2022 SD. I asked her (playing dumb) if she had ever heard of a PCO. She said of course! She said that they are random, but that she had heard that ordering a brochure helps your odds of getting one. Fingers crossed.

I called Ford Marketing yesterday. Spoke to a girl name SHELBY! LOL! I asked her to make sure Ford had my address on file and to send me a brochure for 2022 SD. I asked her (playing dumb) if she had ever heard of a PCO. She said of course! She said that they are random, but that she had heard that ordering a brochure helps your odds of getting one. Fingers crossed.
So what about a 2022 brochure? When i called and asked for one a week ago, a pleasant woman also possibly named Shelby told me they dont have any 2021 or 2022 superduty brochures that they can send out, and pointed me towards an online resource.

So what about a 2022 brochure? When i called and asked for one a week ago, a pleasant woman also possibly named Shelby told me they dont have any 2021 or 2022 superduty brochures that they can send out, and pointed me towards an online resource.
Who knows. She said she had some now. Even put me on hold to check.

I think the problem is many dealership sales managers have been in the business for years and think they know everything. As a result, they will not take the time to see if there is a new process or standard with Ford regarding PCOs.

I successfully used my PCO after it expired on an ordered truck.

Ordered a 2022 F250 Tremor on July 17th. We agreed the truck would be sold using X-plan.
Received a $2,000 PCO email from Ford on Aug 3rd. Fine print stated: Place order or take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer’s stock by 9‌/‌3‌0‌/‌2‌1.
Received VIN on Aug 13th.
Truck arrived at dealer on Oct 5th.
I purchsed and picked it up on Oct 7th. I had to sign at least one document regarding the PCO.

At first my dealer was very resistant to trying to extend the offer. I persisted based on the advice from various Ford truck forums. Just read the PCO offer, it clearly states it can be used on ordering a truck all the way through 9/30/21. Eventually I went directly to the owner on 9/28. I think it helped that my brother-in-law is a close personal friend of the owner. Once the owner was involved it took two days (9/30) for the sales manager to talk to their "Ford Rep" and learn how to extend the offers. The owner even called me to express thanks for pushing them to research this because it was going to also benefit 2 other customers with trucks on order.

I think the problem is many dealership sales managers have been in the business for years and think they know everything. As a result, they will not take the time to see if there is a new process or standard with Ford regarding PCOs.

Ordered a 2022 F250 Tremor on July 17th. We agreed the truck would be sold using X-plan.
Received a $2,000 PCO email from Ford on Aug 3rd. Fine print stated: Place order or take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer’s stock by 9‌/‌3‌0‌/‌2‌1.
I purchsed and picked it up on Oct 7th. I had to sign at least one document regarding the PCO.

At first my dealer was very resistant to trying to extend the offer. I persisted based on the advice from various Ford truck forums. Just read the PCO offer, it clearly states it can be used on ordering a truck all the way through 9/30/21. Eventually I went directly to the owner on 9/28. I think it helped that my brother-in-law is a close personal friend of the owner. Once the owner was involved it took two days (9/30) for the sales manager to talk to their "Ford Rep" and learn how to extend the offers. The owner even called me to express thanks for pushing them to research this because it was going to also benefit 2 other customers with trucks on order.
This is the type of detailed information the forum benefits from - thank you!

I wish I had the same experience. The owner even definitely started as you describe. End result is when I asked that he call to ask if there is a solution for me to apply the PCO, he got hung up on it being sent to my PO Box when my physical address is on the order. Instead of asking Ford for a solution, he only asked “can you change the address on a PCO.” :mad::mad::mad:🤬😡

I wish I had the same experience. The owner even definitely started as you describe. End result is when I asked that he call to ask if there is a solution for me to apply the PCO, he got hung up on it being sent to my PO Box when my physical address is on the order. Instead of asking Ford for a solution, he only asked “can you change the address on a PCO.” :mad::mad::mad:🤬😡
Is that not a possibility though - have Ford modify the address? Why would that be difficult for them to do?

Is that not a possibility though - have Ford modify the address? Why would that be difficult for them to do?
Ford will tell you its a third party. However, I need to push him to ask “is there a solution” vice simply asking about changing addresses. I personally think it shouldn’t matter since I could provide Chapman the certificate number that, when he entered it, populated in smart Vincent w/ the PCO and my name. Clearly frustrating.

I did that exact thing last year. I received a PCO that had a typo in my address and the wrong Zip code. My dealer worked with FORD to get corrected and I was able to use it.

Has anyone had any luck with applying the Ford cash offer and x-plan pricing?

They got me….

Got the mail on Thursday and found a $3500 PCO. Got the wheels turning and decided I should check the numbers on a 2022. Ended up placing an order to replace my 2020 Tremor.

With my trucks current value, x plan, and the PCO, the cost will be a wash.
I want to see that in my mailbox!

Back