Dealer won’t apply Private Cash Offer

Ok, for the first time on this Forum I think that I may have something useful to contribute rather than just being another chuckle monkey. Hopefully, this can help others as well.

I was able to sit down with both my salesperson and the GSM at the same time to try and work out the mystery of my $2,500 PCO that "expires" today. Our first call was to FMC Customer Service (800 334-4375). They were able to verify that I did in fact have a valid PCO but when the dealership started asking questions, they said were only a customer facing dept and could not talk to the dealer. The GSM was told by FMC Customer Service to contact the Dealer Assistance Center. We then called the Dealer Assistance Center and explained the situation and they verified who I was and that I did indeed have a valid PCO. The Dealer Assistance Center confirmed that until a VIN is issued for my order the dealer could not lock the PCO into Vincent. The Dealer Assistance Center instructed the GSM to enter a VIN from a similar truck into Vincent to verify eligibility and to print out the info from Vincent and save it along with proof of the order date until the truck gets delivered. Once the truck gets delivered the dealership needs to submit for an exception and include the order date and eligibility verification.
The GSM said that he was comfortable with this process and is going to honor the PCO. It was a PITA to get the GSM in the room with the salesman and myself, but I am happy with the outcome. All the calls were on speakerphone, so all parties were able to participate fully.

If anyone is needing a vehicle, I highly recommend Josh Stamper @ North Central Ford in Richardson, TX - I have purchased several cars from him and he is a stand-up guy and ex-LEO to boot

Ok, for the first time on this Forum I think that I may have something useful to contribute rather than just being another chuckle monkey. Hopefully, this can help others as well.

I was able to sit down with both my salesperson and the GSM at the same time to try and work out the mystery of my $2,500 PCO that "expires" today. Our first call was to FMC Customer Service (800 334-4375). They were able to verify that I did in fact have a valid PCO but when the dealership started asking questions, they said were only a customer facing dept and could not talk to the dealer. The GSM was told by FMC Customer Service to contact the Dealer Assistance Center. We then called the Dealer Assistance Center and explained the situation and they verified who I was and that I did indeed have a valid PCO. The Dealer Assistance Center confirmed that until a VIN is issued for my order the dealer could not lock the PCO into Vincent. The Dealer Assistance Center instructed the GSM to enter a VIN from a similar truck into Vincent to verify eligibility and to print out the info from Vincent and save it along with proof of the order date until the truck gets delivered. Once the truck gets delivered the dealership needs to submit for an exception and include the order date and eligibility verification.
The GSM said that he was comfortable with this process and is going to honor the PCO. It was a PITA to get the GSM in the room with the salesman and myself, but I am happy with the outcome. All the calls were on speakerphone, so all parties were able to participate fully.

If anyone is needing a vehicle, I highly recommend Josh Stamper @ North Central Ford in Richardson, TX - I have purchased several cars from him and he is a stand-up guy and ex-LEO to boot
You, sir, are my hero! I forwarded this text (less your intro and the ID of the dealer) to my dealer. Seems you met the believability standard w/ your level of detail and he forwarded it to his dealer rep!

UPDATE—PCO still not resolved, seems ordering using my physical address and having a PCO sent to my PO Box is more problematic than you would think.

HOWEVER, the Ford Marketing rep said no VIN yet, but seemed confident I should get scheduled in the next two weeks.

Find a new dealership. Some dealership would give you a credit if you are a member of AQHA, PRCA, and first responders. But now I do not think they do anymore. The credit was applied to parts and service.

Find a new dealership. Some dealership would give you a credit if you are a member of AQHA, PRCA, and first responders. But now I do not think they do anymore. The credit was applied to parts and service.
Trust me, I’m very tempted.

What really rubs me the wrong way is that Chapman was super responsive and offers great pricing (3% below invoice), but that they seem to actively be seeking a “no” and not a “yes” to a $2k PCO.

Thanks. I am in a similar situation. My PCO $2000 expired on 7/6. I ordered my 2022 on 6/29. Ford said the would honor it and that the work has to be put in by the dealer. My truck is built and shipped. It is about 90 miles away still. I got my salesman on this PCO. I will update what happens. Using part of you efforts as above.

I ordered on 4/7, got a VIN in late August with a build date of 9/20. In between, I received a PCO for $2500 with an expiration date of 9/30. Anticipated delivery date of 10/1-10/7. Dealer said Ford would not extend the PCO. Fortunately, the truck showed up on 9/28 and we did the deal on 9/29. No problem with the PCO. OBTW, we did the deal at invoice.

I had a PCO for $2500 that was supposed to expire on 9/30. My truck wasn’t supposed to be delivered until 10/1. When I called my dealer to ask if we could complete the paper work before the truck was delivered so I could get the $2500 off, he told me not to worry because Ford was honoring PCOs after the expiration date. It ended up being a mute point because my truck was delivered on 9/28 and I picked it up on 9/30. The dealer told me again that Ford was honoring PCOs even if they expired prior to delivery. It seems like that’s the least they can do after making us wait as long as we have.

Thanks. I am in a similar situation. My PCO $2000 expired on 7/6. I ordered my 2022 on 6/29. Ford said the would honor it and that the work has to be put in by the dealer. My truck is built and shipped. It is about 90 miles away still. I got my salesman on this PCO. I will update what happens. Using part of you efforts as above.
If there is an issue, ask your dealer to call Ford’s Marketing Communication Center (1-800-548-3212). Hopefully your PCO and sales address match up, so you don’t encounter the heisman I’m getting.

Here is my updated on my $2000 PCO. Dealer was green lighted to apply it as I ordered the truck before it expired, but my awesome salesman found a better certificate rebate for 4Q 2021 sales. $3500!!! I will take that one please. $76500 MSRP X-Plan saving $4500 and $3500. That basically covered my CA sales tax.

Attachments

• 20211007_151317.jpg
    20211007_151317.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20211007_220157.jpg
    20211007_220157.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 20211007_151342.jpg
    20211007_151342.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 42
Here is my updated on my $2000 PCO. Dealer was green lighted to apply it as I ordered the truck before it expired, but my awesome salesman found a better certificate rebate for 4Q 2021 sales. $3500!!! I will take that one please. $76500 MSRP X-Plan saving $4500 and $3500. That basically covered my CA sales tax.
That's amazing. Meanwhile Chapman insists I'm out of luck since my PCO was sent to my PO Box and not my physical address. :mad:

I ordered mine at X Plan last week and called Ford to see if I had a PCO under my name and address and to reactivate my email so I will get PCO's again and my Ford Pass, I did mine will expire the first week of January but if you have the VIN it can be written up so that you use the PCO. If it does expire it is no longer valid you will have to contact Ford Marketing and see if you can get another PIN generated. It may or may not happen.

I don't see how that should matter. If it's still addressed to you, it should be good to go. What does Ford say? Have you called them?
Ford Marketing tells me it shouldn't be a problem, to have the dealer call the Marketing Communications Center (dealer only resource), but the dealer calls and simlpy asks only can you change the address on a PCO so it matches the order instead of something like "a customer received a PCO at his PO Box, how can I apply it to his order."

Impression from dealer is "I tried..." I replied that heshould have asked the more general question as above, silence.

LOL I was just given the number on the phone. ;)
Yep, Ford gave me my certificate ID number and Chapman could manually input it into smart Vincent, but seems (right or wrong) fixated on if the addresses don't match, he can't claim it.

It is tied to your name in VINCENT. Not an address.
Chapman insists it has to match my address and e-mail. Even said "not transferable out of household" as if receiving mail at a PO Box is somehow a different household.

You can clearly sense my frustration--I'd almost rather have not rec'd the PCO than to get it and illogically not be able to use it.

Back