Dealer won’t apply Private Cash Offer

I ordered a Lariat F-350 in March from a dealer in Bozeman. Got two Private Cash Offers and the guy claims Ford won’t do them. WTF? The first one stated 2021 model year but the second stated 2022. I’m a bit miffed.
I’m having a bit of the same issue. I ordered at the start of July and received a ‘22 PCO in the mail in Aug that expires 9/30. Dealer told me I rather had to have a valid PCO when I ordered, or one that is valid at delivery.

I received a PCO via email about a week ago. I called my dealer and ask if we could complete the paper work on my truck before it got here so I could use the PCO (it was due to expire prior to my delivery date). He told me not to worry because Ford was honoring them even past the expiration date. He didn’t say anything about needing it at the time I ordered.

If you look in the production thread you’ll see where Vermonster was given a PCO and his dealer applied it to his deal right away. I’m not sure why your dealer would be giving you hard time. It’s not coming out of their pocket.

I have always heard that it had to be at delivery. I have also heard stories about dealer being able to "lock them in" and some say "dealer cannot lock them in" Not sure what they can or cannot do as far as locking them in but I think the "valid at delivery" is the typical, normal, and expectations if following their rules. Anything outside of that is not guaranteed.

Received a PCO which expired in July. Received truck in Sept.
I had to call Ford before it expired. Got them to agree to apply the PCO towards my VIN. Then I had to go to Ford and have them call and apply it, all before it expired.

Those dealers saying that do not understand. Do you have the code on the PCO? They can add that to the P&S agreement. My dealer "called" Ford and applied it on my 2022 ordered in April on xplan. (I do not have a VIN or anything at this point).

I’m having a bit of the same issue. I ordered at the start of July and received a ‘22 PCO in the mail in Aug that expires 9/30. Dealer told me I rather had to have a valid PCO when I ordered, or one that is valid at delivery.
Well, they’ve doubled down and responded again to me today with the below—guess all of you that managed to do it are “just stories”

“there is no system to “lock it in”…those are just stories…how it works is, your PCO is associated with your mailing address or your email address…this info is stored in Fords smart Vincent…we run a smart Vincent for the day it was ordered and the day its delivered…we can then lock in the smart Vincent for whichever date…if you received a PCO after the date it was ordered and its going to expire by delivery, it wont be on either of those 2 previous dates…that is the only way it works”

This ticks me off - so I want to help you.

Here's the actual wording from my PCO:

Ford Bonus Cash Offer
Here is your Exclusive Cash Reward code. Just show this code to your Ford Dealer and either place an order or take new retail delivery by 10/04/21 to receive one of these special offers toward the purchase or lease of a new Ford vehicle:*
  • $2,000 on F-150, Super Duty® or Expedition
  • $1,250 on Ranger, Explorer, Edge, Escape, EcoSport or Mustang
  • $750 on most other Ford models

*New 2020/2021/2022 vehicles: $2,000 on F-150, Super Duty® or Expedition only. $1,250 on Ranger, Explorer, Edge, EcoSport, Escape or Mustang only. $750 on most other vehicles. Excludes Bronco™ SUV, Maverick, Ford GT, F-150 Lightning, F-150 Raptor, Mustang Mach-E, Mustang Mach 1 and Mustang Shelby® GT350/350R/500. May not combine with other private or commercial offers, conquest cash, owner loyalty and lease renewal programs. A/Z/D Plan ineligible. Nontransferable out of household. Limit one per household. U.S. residents. Prior purchases not eligible. Place order or take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer's stock by 10/4/21. See dealer for details. Dealer: Claim in VINCENT using #38204 and customer ID.

Thanks, man. Mine reads the exact same, minus the date being 9/30.
You can see the vincent number at the bottom. Ask for the sales manager, but you may get the same song and dance if they are a "meh" dealer.

Find a new dealer. My dealer tried saying something similar until I called Ford. Tell your dealer to shove it.
Trust me, I’m tempted. But Chapman has the best pricing I’ve seen at Invoice minus 3 percent.

...AND...I verified that it was in MY name with Ford Marketing before I called my dealer. That way I went into the dealer with a full deck of cards.

You can see the vincent number at the bottom. Ask for the sales manager, but you may get the same song and dance if they are a "meh" dealer.
This last e-mail was from the owner.

I did send a note to a friend of a friend who works at a different dealer to ask if they knew of ground truth here.

Well, they’ve doubled down and responded again to me today with the below—guess all of you that managed to do it are “just stories”

“there is no system to “lock it in”…those are just stories…how it works is, your PCO is associated with your mailing address or your email address…this info is stored in Fords smart Vincent…we run a smart Vincent for the day it was ordered and the day its delivered…we can then lock in the smart Vincent for whichever date…if you received a PCO after the date it was ordered and its going to expire by delivery, it wont be on either of those 2 previous dates…that is the only way it works”
They are straight up lying to you. I got one in the mail after I had ordered my truck. We had not done any paperwork nor put money down when I ordered. Truck arrives, I go in to do paperwork and he gives me the final sales price. That’s when I “whipped it out”. I said I got this in the mail, please apply it to the sales price and recalculate. His response, “oh, I ran the system and it didn’t pull anything up.” He “ran it again” and low and behold it’s now suddenly there. Moral of the story, he never ran it to begin with. I got my discount and signed the papers. No idea why they don’t want to offer you this as said before it’s no money out of their pocket. Then again, if you are financing, it is an additional amount being financed that they can recoup interest on, but that’s only if you finance through Ford. So it really makes zero sense.

Well, you either have a sales guy pretending he's talked with the owner (happens all the time) or you know it's the owner. Either way, if the $2K you forfeit gives you a better deal than anyone else....I see your point. It's a sellers market right now, as you know.
This last e-mail was from the owner.

I did send a note to a friend of a friend who works at a different dealer to ask if they knew of ground truth here.

...AND...I verified that it was in MY name with Ford Marketing before I called my dealer. That way I went into the dealer with a full deck of cards.
Yeah, when I called Ford Marketing, they could see the PCO and validated my ZIP, etc.

I am in the same boat as everyone else in this thread. I have a $2,500 PCO and the dealership tried to push back on me saying that I needed to take delivery by the expiration (9/30). I kindly highlighted the same verbiage that @Vermonster noted - place an order or take new retail delivery by 9/30/21 my sales guy is running back up the mgt ladder and we'll see where it lands. Very well could be the end of the road for this dealership if it is not honored. $2,500 is a nice chunk considering they are not really budging off the $85k MSRP of these rigs.

I am in the same boat as everyone else in this thread. I have a $2,500 PCO and the dealership tried to push back on me saying that I needed to take delivery by the expiration (9/30). I kindly highlighted the same verbiage that @Vermonster noted - place an order or take new retail delivery by 9/30/21 my sales guy is running back up the mgt ladder and we'll see where it lands. Very well could be the end of the road for this dealership if it is not honored. $2,500 is a nice chunk considering they are not really budging off the $85k MSRP of these rigs.
I bet these asshats (respectfully) are pocketing it. It would be interesting to see if you could check after the fact.

Now - I could be wrong. Maybe Ford changed something in the last week. I’m not always going to say I am correct - far from it. Lol

Latest Discussions

Back