Dealer says they dont know the price of my order?

Sniperinhisname

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
USCG
Current Ride
2020 TACOMA
Here is a screen shot of a conversation with my stealership and it's kind of making me want to cancel my order and go with the power wagon I originally wanted anyway... what do yall think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201018-191328_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20201018-191328_Messages.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 305
The choice of which truck you get shouldn’t depend on the dealer you get it from. Shitty dealers are amass. Everywhere. Ram isn’t safe either.

I don’t understand why this makes you want to switch? Look at cars.com ... plenty of tremors in all levels and engines available. Dealers offer delivery these days.

Don’t buy a shitty truck just because the dealer is shitty. And yes, the powerwagon is not even remotely anywhere close to the capability & quality of the superduty. I can go on and on in a fact-driven manner...

Don’t spend 80k on a truck without properly doing your research.

Last edited:
I have seen someone else say xplan pricing wasn't available as well, so it is quite possible.
But xplan is formulated off invoice. Invoice *.996 +275 will give you xplan. Or if you just want ballpark, call it invoice.
I have only seen xplan prices from Ford build your own, which isn't updated to 2021 yet, and from specific VIN print outs.

Here is a screen shot of a conversation with my stealership and it's kind of making me want to cancel my order and go with the power wagon I originally wanted anyway... what do yall think?

If you go with the power wagon get the super extended warranty you will need it.

If you don’t want to tow anything with much tongue weight than the Power Wagon will work. I considered the Power Wagon after driving a friends, but with a payload that is about the same as the Colorado I drive for work the consideration didn’t last long. Luckily the Tremor came to be and I now have something with many off-road features similar to the Power Wagon without giving up a huge amount of payload. It is ultimately your choice and get what you want, if you don’t you will probably never be happy with what you settled with.

definitely buy the truck that works for you I’m in California and had to buy out of state Don’t base it off the sales people lotta bad ones out there

They shld be able to give you a otd price when i built mine it had everything priced out what it would cost and what it was gonna cost with xplan broken down add on by add on so dont see why they cant do the same. Minus any incentives ford is offering at the time of delivery

Get your money back.
First sign was that they wanted $1k deposit. Many dealers will order with $100 or $0.
Second sign was no invoice pricing on your order sheet.
Third sign they are not explaining xplan. It’s basically invoice pricing. Invoice x .996 + $275 with doc fee included.
To get the official xplan they may need a vin. But they should have a your price plus minus 1%.
Call Ron Dupratt Ford or Zumalt Ford or Rio Vista Ford. All three will treat you right!

Tremor is twice the truck of the power wagon.

Complete BS. When the dealer builds your order they actually enter your name and your x-plan information. The dealer can then print the order just like richtor's above. If x-plan is included the x-plan price will print on the order.

Thank you gentlemen I'm going to go cancel with them today and will take my buisness elsewhere. Probably up to dixon. And screw you Cab62780, maybe read my post before you shoot your mouth off. My finances are fine.

Coming on a forum for truck buying advice,you must be in pretty sad shape if you cant handle your own finances and need to ask strangers for help.
Researching prices, discounts, and the differences in the buying processes across dealers is called due diligence. That is exactly how one keeps their finances in order. The definition of value is the benefit of something divided by the price paid. So by doing research and not getting screwed over in price is how one increases the value of their purchase.

I do think they like to wait for the invoice to give you a fianl number, I did get the order form like posted above from my dealer with the approximate price. your dealer might betrying to get a truck thats close instead of placing an order so they dont know the price of the truck they are trying to get you. they might just not have the allocations they need to get the truck.

Thank you gentlemen I'm going to go cancel with them today and will take my buisness elsewhere. Probably up to dixon. And screw you Cab62780, maybe read my post before you shoot your mouth off. My finances are fine.
I'm glad you are going elsewhere. I think you will love a new Tremor, I have had Ram trucks for years and here in WI where we salt the roads, the Rams just rust out so fast. They just don't last. AND sorry about the negative comment we all ask around for advice and sometimes even ask stupid questions or comments and questions are taken out of context so don't think that is who we are. We often just argue about the best color options and thats the fun part.

two more things :
Make sure your new dealership has an allocation for a Super Duty and ask for a priority code better than a 19 ( 10 - 19 ) the lower the better. You should also be able to see the invoice price of your order.

I had the build sheet from my dealer with the mrsp and invoice at the time I placed the order. That dealer is sketchy. If youre near SE montana, check out Quad at macs frontierland ford in miles city. They were super helpful and upfront with everything.

Back