Dealer(s) say Ford shut down any additional orders

Sent out pricing requests for a 2022 order and 3 dealers came back and said Ford shut down any new orders for "several" months. Not sure if anyone else has heard this but thought I would let y'all know what we are hearing down in Texas.
Just had another local dealer tell me they could submit an order, just can't tell me when a 2022 would be built. So who knows.

So I had a local dealer try that. I had 4 other dealers working on the deal too. I have to say, I was disappointed with the attempt to push the sale on panic. ?

I purchased from a different dealer (who had a cheaper quote initially anyway). ?

Sent out pricing requests for a 2022 order and 3 dealers came back and said Ford shut down any new orders for "several" months. Not sure if anyone else has heard this but thought I would let y'all know what we are hearing down in Texas.
I see no mention of that on blueovalforums.com - The moderators are all Ford employees and Ford dealers. Suggest you post that over there.

I was going to order a 2022 F350 7.3 Carbonized grey. I was told they could order now but it would be 22-24 weeks for delivery.

SO

I hunted down a 2020 same truck but in Iconic silver. I did not receive as good as a deal on it that I got on my 2020 6.7 but I have it in driveway. I probably could still put the order in and in 6 months get it and flip my 2020.

I was going to order a 2022 F350 7.3 Carbonized grey. I was told they could order now but it would be 22-24 weeks for delivery.

SO

I hunted down a 2020 same truck but in Iconic silver. I did not receive as good as a deal on it that I got on my 2020 6.7 but I have it in driveway. I probably could still put the order in and in 6 months get it and flip my 2020.

I did the same thing in March, canceled my 2022 and found an 2021 Iconic Silver on a lot.

I was betting 12-15 months best case delivery for the 2022. I needed a truck sooner but also the appeal of the modest 2022 updates faded as delivery guesstimates got closer to unveiling of the ‘23/‘24 model year when we’re likely to see a larger redesign. If the refreshed model is appealing I figure it’ll be easy to trade-in the ‘21 and Silver is an easy color to sell.

Last edited:
I did the same thing in March, canceled my 2022 and found an 2021 Iconic Silver on a lot.

I was betting 12-15 months best case delivery for the 2022. I needed a truck sooner but also the appeal of the modest 2022 updates faded as delivery guesstimates got closer to unveiling of the ‘23/‘24 model year when we’re likely to see a larger redesign. If the refreshed model is appealing I figure it’ll be easy to trade-in the ‘21 and Silver is an easy color to sell.
I bought now and will again when there is a major body change for the good

Back