RaptorTremor

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat Sport Tremor 6.7 Velocity Blue
Current Ride #2
2014 Raptor SVT Blue Flame
I wanted to see what you guys thought of dealer modified tremors. I see it all the time on regular F150s, Super Duties and even raptors which completely ruin the truck's performance. These four examples are from two dealerships both located in Ontario. It seems like a very lucrative business mover since they can remove and sell most of the tremor parts and install their cheap accessories that often decrease the capability and to most also make the truck look worse. By doing this they are still charging you for the tremor package and then adding an absurd price tag for the china parts and less aggressive tires. Also notice that they added cheap fender flares which are intended to be painted but they just leave them to look ugly and out of place. Most of the time the dealer builds are done before the truck has a buyer so its not like the customer wants their truck like that. In this case the magnetic and velocity blue trucks already had a owner and requested the dealer to mod them. I've seen trucks like this go for close to $100k, to me that is pretty crazy. How do you guys feel about this? Would you buy a truck modified by a dealer?
Screenshot_20201105-120913_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20201105-120902_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20201105-120956_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20201105-121041_YouTube.jpg

The bumper on that blue one is hideous!

I'd rather buy a stock truck and do my own mods. Odds are the dealer won't put the same wheels, tires and aftermarket parts on that I would want.

I'd rather buy a stock truck and do my own mods. Odds are the dealer won't put the same wheels, tires and aftermarket parts on that I would want.

That Blue was not far from me at dealer asking nearly $100k for it. It sat all year. Only recently was sold. I would imagine they basically lowered their pants and fired it out the door at a loss. It looked fn awful

I almost bought a new dealer modified tundra with a 6" lift, tires,wheels etc.. It just happened to look good to me at that time but they just wanted too much for it. It was eight years ago . I would be more picky about the mods and parts they used now.
If they made the right changes and it had the right look and price, I would think it would be fine.
I like the look of the grey one above.

I think there's certain customers who want a level of customization they don't have the patience or know how to do themselves. Or maybe it's appealing to some to include that in the purchase price (and therefore in the financing)?

I'm not going to hold it against those types. Not that I know how many fit those categories, rather than just buying a look as if it were some sort of fashion accessory (who I have a whole other opinion of).

But, I'd rather do my truck the way I want to do my truck. Not what the dealer thought was marketable. And that's why most of us are here, I would think. Cause we love this stuff.

........................... I've seen trucks like this go for close to $100k, to me that is pretty crazy.
How do you guys feel about this?
Would you buy a truck modified by a dealer?
View attachment 8631View attachment 8630View attachment 8632View attachment 8633

I would not purchase an item like this that's been all dolled-up because I would be thinking how much less I could do the same thing(s) on my own.
No doubt a dealer that does mods like this is lessening [the] broad appeal and creates a niche product.
Apparently, niche products pay off, as they're more common all the time... everything from GPS tracking and CBD treatments for your pet to gourmet meals mailed to your door are examples of niche. Those meals that are sent to your door, ready to eat)(minus a little cooking time) can be a great deal for a niche group, then others like myself think how much less it would cost to do it myself.
Other than having a good product, the success of niche items are an indicator of the economy in general. They're typically the first to fall-off when things take a downturn.
In general, I don't track like that. I prefer doing mods on my terms. I def. do not prefer the bumper on the blue truck, above; and for me, it could be a deal-breaker if the bumper wasn't swapped-out or price adjusted. On the other hand, I like the charcoal Tremor w/shell. I tow too often to own it; but dang it looks good! All these vehicles have the potential to bring home the bacon if that just right customer happens to come across it Risk vs reward ?.

The first and second trucks are not bad and I really like the Carli suspension on the second one! (The tires are an AT, which I do not prefer due to their pedestrian look, but they ride better then RT or MTs on the highway) The third and fourth have extra large fender flairs which look awkward, even on a large Super Duty.

I never buy accessories from a dealer because the mark them up and rarely choose what I would do for myself. I have seen them ask $10K for items you can buy yourself for less then $2500 with installation. Plus, they normally go as cheap as possible on the parts to achieve a certain look and do not take into account durability or real world usage. (Giant lift blocks under an F250’s leaf springs is the one I laugh at every time I see it)

Last edited:
The first and second trucks are not bad and I really like the Carli suspension on the second one! (The tires are an AT, which I do not prefer due to their pedestrian look, but they ride better then RT or MTs on the highway) The third and fourth have extra large fender flairs which look awkward, even on a large Super Duty.

I never buy accessories from a dealer because the mark them up and rarely choose what I would do for myself. I have seen them ask $10K for items you can buy yourself for less then $2500 with installation. Plus, they normally go as cheap as possible on the parts to achieve a certain look and do not take into account durability or real world usage. (Giant lift blocks under an F250’s leaf springs is the one I laugh at every time I see it)
Thats not carli suspension, its fox coilovers with an extra fox 2.0. Not exactly a great setup, plus you have to cut the frame to install it. Carli is still the best.

Maybe they are used as bait. To make the customer aware that the dealer can not just supply the truck, but they, and not someone else, can customise the vehicle. And to generate showroom traffic.

Maybe they are used as bait. To make the customer aware that the dealer can not just supply the truck, but they, and not someone else, can customise the vehicle. And to generate showroom traffic.

Thats exactly what it is.

The dealer I worked at always had one or two of them parked out front.

Youd be surprised how many guys would drive by and see them, pop in, and next thing you know im taking a deposit..

Maybe not always on the specific truck out front, but that is just a representative model showing what we can do.

I am too cheap to pay the markup on stuff like that to get done by dealer. That last one is getting a little too Brodozerie for my taste, but to each their own. If you like it go for it.

Thats not carli suspension, its fox coilovers with an extra fox 2.0. Not exactly a great setup, plus you have to cut the frame to install it. Carli is still the best.
dang, I did not know that! :oops: I'd run from a mod that req'd frame cutting, especially when there are better options available.
I'm glad to have learned this.

I think its only because they filmed it with a fish-eye go pro.

Back