David’s ‘22 Platinum Tremor

davidevan970

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Platinum Tremor
Current Ride #2
2018 Explorer Sport
Figured I’d start this because I’ve got some parts slowly coming in, still not sure just how much I’ll dig into this truck because I change my mind on a daily basis but I guess time will tell.

2022 F-250 Platinum Tremor
6.7L Powerstroke
Atlas Blue/Dark Marsala

Ordered 6/2021, delivered 5/2022

549024B2-EC96-40E8-AE28-4B40658F6C4E.jpeg

I ordered the truck just because it had always been a dream of mine to order exactly what I wanted and I was financially in a place to do so, but ultimately my long-term plan is to find myself a nice fifth wheel camper to drag around.

first thing I had done was removal of the Powerstroke badges and Tremor stickers.

EAAE3565-0E7B-4DAF-94D7-902A3A556ECC.jpeg

F8345AFA-94A2-47AD-B9F0-47D265A6FBDB.jpeg

next up was the usual new truck stuff - Weathertech mats front and rear, Retrax One tonneau cover, and window tint.

I went with ceramic film, 5% over sides and rear with 50% over the entire windshield and a 5% brow.

27292C4A-37C8-41A2-A403-E2759B1663A4.jpeg

18D7FCFF-4BA7-4AE4-A77B-0759DAE33B39.jpeg

71E22509-E91B-4D80-8D10-C7F4E4B2938E.jpeg

- continued -

right off the bat I knew I wasn’t going to like the stock Tremor wheels on a Platinum, and I’m not crazy about the seemingly soft sidewalls of the Duratracs either.

I’d been going back and forth on wheels for a long time and ultimately I think I will still end up with Innov8 Racing G600s but I’ve got a few other things to take care of before I drop that kind of money, plus their lead time is crazy right now. but I’ve always had this silly urge to have an obnoxiously wide wheel just to see what all the hype is about, so for now I ordered a set of 20x12 American Force Independence polished wheels. they should be here tomorrow.

after doing a little looking around, it seems there are a few people who have fit 35x13.50s/20x12s on 2017+ trucks with just a level, and since I figure I’m being ridiculous anyway I might as well go all the way so I ordered 37x13.50 Ridge Grapplers. I’ve always been partial to the Toyo M/T but they’re all but impossible to find right now, so I guess it’s time to try something new.

as far as suspension goes, I’ve made up my mind and then changed it about 8 times so far but I think I’m going to end up with one of the middle-of-the-road Carli Backcountry options. nothing ordered as of yet.

I took the truck out on a few trails near home in western Colorado, loved all the Tremor off-road gadgetry, also towed my 2018 Explorer Sport about 950 miles home from Williston, ND and was absolutely blown away with how well the truck tows.

45C73290-1F31-441B-9A84-ACC00DBDEBBF.jpeg

FEE79345-DF05-47BF-BA7D-B80FAA024BC0.jpeg

5F5FAE2C-ACDD-4C4D-B0E9-4403DEB8BBFC.jpeg

90CCD0B8-6DB8-4618-9DB0-9AD8D3939D04.jpeg

Last edited:
Beautiful Truck ..!!
I have a lot of family in Montrose. Love it there.
In late April, we traveled the same road out of Ouray. The snow covered San Juan's were magnificent. I try to make it up to Imogene Pass and the surrounding area at least once a year.

Beautiful Truck ..!!
I have a lot of family in Montrose. Love it there.
In late April, we traveled the same road out of Ouray. The snow covered San Juan's were magnificent. I try to make it up to Imogene Pass and the surrounding area at least once a year.

thank you! the views in the San Juans are absolutely some of my favorites. my sister and her husband own a wedding photography business that specializes in mountain destination weddings and elopements here on the western slope and the sights they manage to capture never cease to amaze me.

given how ridiculous things have been I thought it may be worth giving some more information on my truck.

when I ordered in 6/21 I originally ordered a Carbonized Gray platinum tremor F250 Powerstroke with the following options -

6.7L Powerstroke
Tremor package, obviously
Dark marsala interior
Adaptive steering
Twin panel moonroof
Roof clearance lights
Upfitter switches
Rapid supplemental cab heater
Engine block heater
10800# GVWR

then in September I was up in Alberta for work and happened to pass a 2022 STX in Atlas Blue. I went back and looked at it and fell in love with the color. so, I changed my order to Atlas Blue and was also talked into adding the fifth wheel prep package and spray-in bedliner.

Come late October, I still hadn’t heard a word. I texted my salesman and asked what might be causing delays and he said the biggest ones he was currently seeing were adaptive steering and the spray-in liner. I dropped those two options the last week of October.

January 13th I got my first email saying my truck was scheduled for production the last week of February. Pretty much every other week I’d get an email saying it was pushed back another week until it was finally built the week of 4/4, left the factory via rail 4/10 and didn’t arrive at the dealership 150 miles from the blending yard in Chicago until 4/30.

I still got the fifth wheel prep package, and of course I have the Platinum multi-contour seats, and everything else I ordered minus the adaptive steering and spray-in liner. had I known I would have still had to wait almost a year anyway, I would have just left them on because at the time my truck was built, others were getting theirs with both of those options as well.

So far I’m about 3000 miles in and have yet to find any issues with the truck, everything seems to work as it should and I love it.

And a word of advice - try not to space out for too long when you’re towing your white Explorer Sport or you might just catch a glimpse of it in the mirror and wonder how long that sheriff has been up your ass 😅
2EF0765E-57C5-45EB-B29F-4E760040CF2B.jpeg

these showed up today after just barely 3 weeks, haven’t even ordered tires yet because I figured I had plenty of time but evidently I need to get on it.
View attachment 55054
Those are my favorite American Force wheels, though I'd prefer them in black.

Truck looks great and I'm sure you already know you'll get shit for those wheels but you have other plans for down the road.

I love stars. ⭐

Those are my favorite American Force wheels, though I'd prefer them in black.

Truck looks great and I'm sure you already know you'll get shit for those wheels but you have other plans for down the road.

oh yeah, if even one person here actually likes them, then I’m honestly a little surprised haha. I wish the options for ordering painted Forces were better - if I could have ordered them in gloss black with machined spoke pockets and lip rivets, I probably would have done that. but if you want that look you get matte black which I don’t care for, or if you get gloss black you don’t get any machined accents.

anyway, Ridge Grapplers and Counteract balancing beads are ordered so I suppose I need to find some lug nuts too.

I found this guy on Instagram, he’s got the same width and offset wheels and 37x13.50 Recon Grapplers with a 2.5” level and had to use a 1” bumper spacer and trim some plastic to get them to clear from what I’ve gathered in his comments. obviously it’s not quite the same as my truck but it gives me an idea what my fitment will look like.

F3B1D0B3-B4F2-4BE9-BD59-75D29E577A38.jpeg

71EDD4D1-3A7A-4C9B-AB2C-7445981E6620.jpeg

these showed up today after just barely 3 weeks, haven’t even ordered tires yet because I figured I had plenty of time but evidently I need to get on it.
View attachment 55054
I ordered the same wheels last week through custome offsets. Can’t wait to see them on. what size and offset do you do ?

oh yeah, if even one person here actually likes them, then I’m honestly a little surprised haha. I wish the options for ordering painted Forces were better - if I could have ordered them in gloss black with machined spoke pockets and lip rivets, I probably would have done that. but if you want that look you get matte black which I don’t care for, or if you get gloss black you don’t get any machined accents.

anyway, Ridge Grapplers and Counteract balancing beads are ordered so I suppose I need to find some lug nuts too.

I found this guy on Instagram, he’s got the same width and offset wheels and 37x13.50 Recon Grapplers with a 2.5” level and had to use a 1” bumper spacer and trim some plastic to get them to clear from what I’ve gathered in his comments. obviously it’s not quite the same as my truck but it gives me an idea what my fitment will look like.

View attachment 55116

View attachment 55117
Love those wheels. I think you made the right move with polished. My last set of forces (gloss black before milling spokes painted dimples and milled logos after paint) we’re a pia to keep mint and you can’t bring them back to life like you can with a polished wheel.
Also depending on who you buy your AF from the options are plentiful. Painted milled before or after. Lip options. They will even mill a different offset for you but it takes time and not all dealers will do it.

Just curious on why you went with a Tremor, not to poke, but out of interest. Mainly since you removed the badges, and will be getting rid of the wheels/tires/suspension. That leaves the running boards, chin spoiler, electronics, front diff, and since you have a 250, maybe some of the common 350 rear end bits... I'm guessing maybe it was the front diff and electronics, but curious to know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Just curious on why you went with a Tremor, not to poke, but out of interest. Mainly since you removed the badges, and will be getting rid of the wheels/tires/suspension. That leaves the running boards, chin spoiler, electronics, front diff, and since you have a 250, maybe some of the common 350 rear end bits... I'm guessing maybe it was the front diff and electronics, but curious to know your thoughts.

Thanks!

yeah, it was the diff, trail control and the fender flares. to me these trucks look naked without them. I might have kept the stickers if I would have gotten the carbonized gray I originally ordered but it looked a little weird to me having red on blue. the running boards will go away too, not getting the factory power steps was kind of an oversight by both my dealer and I, and I do actually like the Tremor boards but my mom is over 70 and barely 5’ tall and whenever I go home I find myself running her around everywhere, and she struggles to reach the running board. I’ll order Amps once the wait time settles down but right now it shows almost half a year back order for the standard plug-and-play set.

I ordered the same wheels last week through custome offsets. Can’t wait to see them on. what size and offset do you do ?

I can’t wait either, hopefully just a few more weeks! I did 20x12 which I think is -44 offset if I remember correctly.

Love those wheels. I think you made the right move with polished. My last set of forces (gloss black before milling spokes painted dimples and milled logos after paint) we’re a pia to keep mint and you can’t bring them back to life like you can with a polished wheel.
Also depending on who you buy your AF from the options are plentiful. Painted milled before or after. Lip options. They will even mill a different offset for you but it takes time and not all dealers will do it.

I just went through custom offsets but I didn’t get too carried away because I won’t keep these wheels forever, but I did opt to get just the rivets on the lip and not the American force logos. as a truck driver I can appreciate that even the shittiest looking polished wheel can be brought back to life but the last American force I had was a polished 22x12 Trax and holy hell it was a nightmare to keep them looking decent. I think it’s a little easier to mask the neglect on a black painted wheel haha, especially if you get them properly ceramic coated.

Looking forward to seeing those on your truck. I switched from Rapid Red to Atlas Blue after seeing Atlas Blue at Costco.

mocked the wheels up just to get an idea, got sent the wrong tires so hopefully next time I get some time off I’ll have all the right stuff and can get them mounted up.

Attachments

• 5FC58CD5-91C4-4C08-9A97-FC365C271EC9.jpeg
    5FC58CD5-91C4-4C08-9A97-FC365C271EC9.jpeg
    395 KB · Views: 103
not that anyone here cares to see it, I’m sure, but I fit 20x12s with 35x13.50s on stock suspension with a 3/4” spacer on the front bumper and minor plastic trimming on the back side of the fender flare as well as the splash guard behind it. no issues besides that.

Attachments

• B6D2DE0B-1596-4638-8CB9-C2751986C97A.jpeg
    B6D2DE0B-1596-4638-8CB9-C2751986C97A.jpeg
    377.7 KB · Views: 103
  • F987FCA4-DAF6-4819-8264-32D1C449CC6F.jpeg
    F987FCA4-DAF6-4819-8264-32D1C449CC6F.jpeg
    362.7 KB · Views: 106
not that anyone here cares to see it, I’m sure, but I fit 20x12s with 35x13.50s on stock suspension with a 3/4” spacer on the front bumper and minor plastic trimming on the back side of the fender flare as well as the splash guard behind it. no issues besides that.
I actually really like chrome wheels on the Plattys... Embrace the chrome. Lol everyone does the blackout. I like my ride to stand out. I'll probably go chrome as well when I finally get my truck some time in 23.

Figured I’d start this because I’ve got some parts slowly coming in, still not sure just how much I’ll dig into this truck because I change my mind on a daily basis but I guess time will tell.

2022 F-250 Platinum Tremor
6.7L Powerstroke
Atlas Blue/Dark Marsala

Ordered 6/2021, delivered 5/2022

View attachment 54681

I ordered the truck just because it had always been a dream of mine to order exactly what I wanted and I was financially in a place to do so, but ultimately my long-term plan is to find myself a nice fifth wheel camper to drag around.

first thing I had done was removal of the Powerstroke badges and Tremor stickers.

View attachment 54682
View attachment 54687

next up was the usual new truck stuff - Weathertech mats front and rear, Retrax One tonneau cover, and window tint.

I went with ceramic film, 5% over sides and rear with 50% over the entire windshield and a 5% brow.

View attachment 54690
View attachment 54688
View attachment 54689

- continued -
How you like the tint??is 50 percent on the windshield dark at night?

Back