Dashboard layout

STDevil

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Super Duty
I have really come to like the instrument cluster layout in my truck. At first, I was a little lukewarm on the tach being less than full sweep but then realized that the "non-redline" portion is about the same size as a full sweep tach, and I really like how they placed the gear numbers there on the right side of the tach.

What I really like is how the face of the cluster is "angled" a bit. I have noticed that GMs trucks and even the new F150 have a cluster that is completely vertical - to me, this seems really weird and I really don't like it. I only have about 600 miles on the truck but so far, the layout is just about perfect as far as I am concerned. I also like that the gauges are not too glitzy and not too bland (like the ones in some of the GM models that look like they came out of a Chevy Vega).

The only really issue for me is that the radio and "display screen" buttons are on the wrong sides of the steering wheel (relative to my 4 Runner).

I like the layout also, although the gear ID coulda been a little bigger and the brightness up down, day and night on the whole dash could be better. Especially turning off the center screen at night. My GT500 its a hard button to black it out, the SD you have to go through the settings menu.

Yeah its got a natural layout that I like. I test drove a new ram with that huge screen and it had really bad ergonomics for me, screen was up in your face and annoying. Alot of people love the ram interior but didnt seem very practical to me.

Is it wrong if I mount a Monster tach with shift light on top of the dash :ROFLMAO:

tach.jpg

The only really issue for me is that the radio and "display screen" buttons are on the wrong sides of the steering wheel (relative to my 4 Runner).
Yeah, My Nissan Titan was the same - Menu Navigation and radio buttons are swapped vs. Ford. Been a hard habit to break having the Nissan for 7 years.

Other than that, I like everything else.

Last edited:
I have really come to like the instrument cluster layout in my truck. At first, I was a little lukewarm on the tach being less than full sweep but then realized that the "non-redline" portion is about the same size as a full sweep tach, and I really like how they placed the gear numbers there on the right side of the tach.

What I really like is how the face of the cluster is "angled" a bit. I have noticed that GMs trucks and even the new F150 have a cluster that is completely vertical - to me, this seems really weird and I really don't like it. I only have about 600 miles on the truck but so far, the layout is just about perfect as far as I am concerned. I also like that the gauges are not too glitzy and not too bland (like the ones in some of the GM models that look like they came out of a Chevy Vega).

I think it must be a foreign car thing because my Toyota Corolla and my wife's Acura have them on the opposite side also. It does suck going back and forth between cars and pushing the wrong buttons.

If you wind the engine up to, say, 8,000 RPM, sure...I will even kick in a few bucks for the tach!
I was gonna set the light at about 1250 rpm like my first 5.0 (83 GT) had so that as soon as start to accelerate, the light comes on. I hated that shift light in that car and wound up taking the bulb out. I don't know who decided the rpm activation for that thing.......but they obviously didn't know me at the time. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And I don't recall any of my other 5.0's having that light in the dash.

I'd have to string like 3 of those big ones together to have it wrap around the column with as big as those things are now.
Nothing like being 16 and making a run to AutoZone cause I know they got something my truck just needs!
Weber.jpeg
B&M.jpg

Is it wrong if I mount a Monster tach with shift light on top of the dash :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 20166
I added a tach on the dash of my 12 Raptor because playing in the dunes I was bouncing off of the rev limiter and had a hard time watching where I was going and looking at the tach down low. I did not go too large because did not want to block the view, but went with a unit that had the light built in. Worked well for me had it set about 6,000 and rev limiter on the truck was bumped to 6,200.

Attachments

• Tach 4.jpg
    Tach 4.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Tach 3.jpg
    Tach 3.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 14
I added a tach on the dash of my 12 Raptor because playing in the dunes I was bouncing off of the rev limiter and had a hard time watching where I was going and looking at the tach down low. I did not go too large because did not want to block the view, but went with a unit that had the light built in. Worked well for me had it set about 6,000 and rev limiter on the truck was bumped to 6,200.
I had one like that before. I still have a Monster tach with light in my race car......but I may have to take it out and keep it when I sell it soon.

To put in the SD :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I remember Super Shops! There was a bunch of them in SoCal in the 80's.
Up in NorCal too. Remember them well. We still have Tognotti's though.... (y)

Back