Daily vehicle sighting lols.

ICE trucks are overloaded all the time, nothing new here. I'm more surprised by the fact that someone actually uses a cybertruck for work.
Overloaded vs grossly overloaded big difference and a hazard to all driving near this disaster.

Overloaded vs grossly overloaded big difference and a hazard to all driving near this disaster.

Cybertruck does have 2500lbs payload capacity, how do you know he’s “grossly” overloaded? Assuming much?

Cybertruck does have 2500lbs payload capacity, how do you know he’s “grossly” overloaded? Assuming much?
More than a pallet of cement bags will be over that by alot, easy math.

One thing to note, though: You can’t dump all that weight in the bed. The Cybertruck owner’s manual reveals you can carry up to 1,310 pounds in the bed, 441 in the frunk, and 220 in the under-bed storage compartment. The remaining 529 pounds must go in the cab.

35 bags of 80# = 2800 lbs (i'm assuming 5 bags per layer and one photo shows a good 7 layers)
Even 60s would weigh 2100lbs

A pallet of cement bags is 3360 lbs. 42 @ 80 lb bags or 56 @ 60 lb bags is how Quikrete packages them.
I'm with @Alpoba on this, with that not being uniquely overloaded compared to how many folks use their ICE trucks. Definitely overloaded, just not unique.

Seen many trucks, half tons in particular, riding on their rear bump stops hauling loose material or bags. Those trucks are easily 1000 pounds overweight, likely more.

(I say likely more because I hauled a full yard of gravel, estimated at over 3000 pounds, in my old half ton with a 1500 pound payload capacity and wasn't on the bump stops; was actually pretty level. Yes, I kept it to back roads with my speeds down and following distance greatly increased.)

Last edited:
I'm with @Alpoba on this, with that not being uniquely overloaded compared to how many folks use their ICE trucks. Definitely overloaded, just not unique.

Seen many trucks, half tons in particular, riding on their rear bump stops hauling loose material or bags. Those trucks are easily 1000 pounds overweight, likely more.

(I say likely more because I hauled a full yard of gravel, estimated at over 3000 pounds, in my old half ton with a 1500 pound payload capacity and wasn't on the bump stops; was actually pretty level. Yes, I kept it to back roads with my speeds down and following distance greatly increased.)
In this case, the cybertruck is at least 3 times overloaded in the bed, since there is more than one pallet of material, and then counting the rack weight.

A couple of weeks ago.

20240527_094424.jpg
20240527_094542.jpg

Attachments

• 20240527_094424.jpg
    20240527_094424.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240527_094542.jpg
    20240527_094542.jpg
    466.3 KB · Views: 15
View attachment 54991

There are just some things in this world I will never understand. 🤦‍♂️

Do they really need to have their TT mirrors in the extended position for those stacks?😳🤣

Or do the Dodge Boys enjoy paying to replace their extended TT mirrors every time they get whacked off for no real reason?
Because I see them that way all the time with nothing in the truck bed or even being towed!
And I’ve seen the broken TT mirrors with silver duct tape all over them trying to hold them together after they’ve been smashed against something! 🙄🤪

Do they really need to have their TT mirrors in the extended position for those stacks?😳🤣

Or do the Dodge Boys enjoy paying to replace their extended TT mirrors every time they get whacked off for no real reason?
Because I see them that way all the time with nothing in the truck bed or even being towed!
And I’ve seen the broken TT mirrors with silver duct tape all over them trying to hold them together after they’ve been smashed against something! 🙄🤪
It’s been said here a few times and I own a dodge with the mirrors out like this, but if you’ve ever driven a dodge with the mirrors folded in, it sucks, especially coming from a super duty.

The stacks on the other hand 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_1349.jpeg
    IMG_1349.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1348.jpeg
    IMG_1348.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1352.jpeg
    IMG_1352.jpeg
    354.8 KB · Views: 19
It’s been said here a few times and I own a dodge with the mirrors out like this, but if you’ve ever driven a dodge with the mirrors folded in, it sucks, especially coming from a super duty.

The stacks on the other hand 🤦‍♂️
Aren't they also 100% manual up to a certain year? I can see it being a real pita to switch back and forth.

Back