Daily vehicle sighting lols.

Oh, I'm not buying one... I just thought it would be funny if the manufacturer makes Ford and GM versions like this particular one that mimics the Ram.

1000012252.png

1000012251.png

My father retired to CR, talked to him today on a Zoom call. Charging stations?? A couple of months ago they were rationing water and threatening to turn power grids off due to a drought. Most of the power in CR is generated by hydro.

He returned last week and 1/2 of his plants and fruit trees were dead due to lack of water. Love to know how that Tesla made it from CR to Cali. CR is a wealthy Central American country compared to Honduras, Belize, Nicaragua and El Salvador.

My father retired to CR, talked to him today on a Zoom call. Charging stations?? A couple of months ago they were rationing water and threatening to turn power grids off due to a drought. Most of the power in CR is generated by hydro.

He returned last week and 1/2 of his plants and fruit trees were dead due to lack of water. Love to know how that Tesla made it from CR to Cali. CR is a wealthy Central American country compared to Honduras, Belize, Nicaragua and El Salvador.
I’d guess the same ways cars get here with Puerto Rico plates on them. I was being heavily sarcastic when referring to charging infrastructure. The real question is why someone from CR would even have a Tesla…. Can’t they buy the Toyota Hilux? I know that’s what I’d be driving!

Last edited:
Can’t they buy the Toyota Hilux? I know that’s what I’d be driving!

Yep. My father has a '21 Hilux he's taking to San Jose next week for service. Also has a 2016 Prado - both vehicles are diesel.

I guess they could've put it on a ship in Puntarenas and shipped it to Cali but wouldn't they have to get a US tag coming out of customs?

Side note - my Dad also has a '78 Landcruiser pickup with the inline 6 diesel. No amenities - straight shift and not even a radio. It was bought new for a coffee farm and they took the factory bed off and stored it in a shed. Collector bought it and restored the truck back to factory. Cool thing is the bed was never used so no dents.

Yep. My father has a '21 Hilux he's taking to San Jose next week for service. Also has a 2016 Prado - both vehicles are diesel.

I guess they could've put it on a ship in Puntarenas and shipped it to Cali but wouldn't they have to get a US tag coming out of customs?

Side note - my Dad also has a '78 Landcruiser pickup with the inline 6 diesel. No amenities - straight shift and not even a radio. It was bought new for a coffee farm and they took the factory bed off and stored it in a shed. Collector bought it and restored the truck back to factory. Cool thing is the bed was never used so no dents.
There was a documentary a few years ago when they took two Harley Davidson electric prototype motorcycles and two pre-production Rivian trucks to the bottom of Argentina and drove them back to Los Angeles. "The long way up" with Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman. There is not much charging infrastructure really. You have to find a wall outlet somewhere and hope that the breaker doesn't trip :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I agree on getting a truck of some sort for down there.

There was a documentary a few years ago when they took two Harley Davidson electric prototype motorcycles and two pre-production Rivian trucks to the bottom of Argentina and drove them back to Los Angeles. "The long way up" with Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman. There is not much charging infrastructure really. You have to find a wall outlet somewhere and hope that the breaker doesn't trip :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I agree on getting a truck of some sort for down there.
Watched it…. It was my least favorite of the three series the Long Way Round was EPIC, the long way down was ok, long way up, not as great. Still all amazing adventure films and worth a watch for any of us with the travel bug!!!

Latest Discussions

Back