Customer arrived 6/17 with a 2024. F-350 6.7 with no A.C. and Cruise control help on Fuse location

Creekwood Resort

Tremoraholic
TOTM Winner
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2022 F-250 Tremor, 7.3
GM,
I know it has been awhile, but all is good with my Tremor.

Creekwood Resort has a customer that just bought a brand new Tremor and traveled from Florida w/o A.C. and Cruise control. He said he is bringing it in Monday to the dealer (only has had it for a week) .

"Checked the fuses", I asked? He had not thought about that? Anyways, I asked to see the manual to find the location of the 18 billion fuses. He tells me that Ford is no longer supplying the (thick as a bible) manual and all of it is downloaded? Well if true, that is B.S., what if you are out of cell coverage and don't have your phone? Something is wrong.

Anyways, can someone tell me which fuses to look at. The actual number. The inside ac displays fine, just blowing hot air. I am thinking maybe the cruise/air share a large amp fuse? Maybe the A.C. clutch. I tried comparing with my manual and totally different. Mine is a 7.3, 2022

BTW I was trying some random continuity test on the fuses, and found all of the fuses were not seated completely, and ended up pushing them all in place!!!!!

One last note, I like my 22, better then the 24 sorry

Thank you in advance

Robert

Come on guys, someone should know
Thx

Come on guys, someone should know
Thx
Attached are the fuse pages I extracted from the manual.

Looks like maybe fuse #29 in the interior fuse box would be a good place to start checking.

Attachments

• 2024 Fuses.pdf
    320 KB · Views: 26
#29 5 A Heating, ventilation and air conditioning.

1t5S1ps.png

Thank you so much 😊 I will give it a try

I'm not seeing a fuse listed for the AC compressor clutch oddly. Might be part of another circuit.

I'm not seeing a fuse listed for the AC compressor clutch oddly. Might be part of another circuit.
His cruise control is not working either, worst thing is he will need to bring it in to the worst service department tomorrow. I won’t say, the dealer
The manual is part of the infotainment screen.
Thanks!

Just a F/U on our customer's issues. The entire fuse panel needs to be replaced, and the A/C compressor failed, which is on a nation wide back order? They did give him a loaner car. But, will need the truck back to bring home his trailer. Thank you again for the try.

Just a F/U on our customer's issues. The entire fuse panel needs to be replaced, and the A/C compressor failed, which is on a nation wide back order? They did give him a loaner car. But, will need the truck back to bring home his trailer. Thank you again for the try.
I have never understood these "nationwide" backorders on a new truck. Are they not still building these new trucks, where are those compressors coming from?

Thank you again, just chatting him, he says the fuse panel is also an issue, that there is only 7 available in the US? Now his original dealer in Florida says they are going to steal the components from another truck to fix it when he gets home.

I have never understood these "nationwide" backorders on a new truck. Are they not still building these new trucks, where are those compressors coming from?
Assembly plants have the priority on parts from strained suppliers.

Sounds like the beginning of how I made GMC buyback a 23 AT4x...

It's pretty simple with production, parts and supply. To which it's not a "nationwide backorder on a new truck", it's the supply level of repair parts.

>Do you hold back so much of your production items to use as supply parts for primary items sold??
>Or do you wait until a new batch of supply parts come out to fill the supply/repair orders??
So you end up either holding up production to fill a supply shortage or increase your orders to fill supply items.

So either you control your production to limit supply of the final product...which causes problems with those customers.
Or you HOPE you can fill the supply orders before customer service requirements have a demand for supply parts.
The worst side is the aftermarket suppliers trying to get the versions they are going to carry. There's likely to be ZERO in that market for a LONG time.

To the other side:
PLENTY of custom built parts have weeks if not months of lead time to fill orders.

Get over it people.....the times of have your current model year truck having a full factory repair parts catalog at hand to order is WAY behind us.

Hearing a dealer is going to cannibalize parts from another vehicle should scare you even more.

Back