Custom order pricing?

Apeman

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
USA
Current Ride
2017 Ram 2500
Tremors are a hot commodity these days so finding one, particularly a 7.3L, is proving to be quite a challenge unless willing to compromise on trim and features. For those that have custom ordered in the last month, but anyone really, what kind of price were you able to snag? I know there were some great deals to be had amid the COVID-19 shutdown but it seems that things are starting to improve, and dealers are realizing they have a very popular truck and are less willing to negotiate on Tremors. It also seems like you lose the Ford rebates ($500 F-Series customer cash/Military appreciation etc.,) when not buying an existing truck on a dealer lot, which makes finding an existing one preferable to ordering. For what it's worth, the best price that I have found in NC is ordering at invoice. Thanks!

I ordered mine March 13 and Ford was offering $500 off MSRP, but until I take delivery of it I won’t know what incentives the dealership will be having at that time. Keeping my fingers crossed, but I got everything I wanted for around $66,000.

So you will still be able to capture whatever incentives Ford is offering at the time of delivery? Good to know since I figured those rebates were lost once you went the custom order route.

I ordered 3 wks ago here in canada. f350 lariat, c.c, sport pkg, ultimate pkg, tremor, 7.3, 83,000 can. $6000 less than my price and build on fords website

I bought my Tremor off a lot one month ago. I got invoice which was 6% off MSRP and I received the $500 rebate on top of that. This was on a loaded Lariat.

I ordered mine in February and got it for invoice. I will also get any available rebates, if any.

Thank you all for the responses, and it is very good to hear that the available rebates are not lost when ordering. The likely long wait time will be torture, though.

You get the incentives when you take delivery regardless of order out or inventory. There are additional incentives on the standing inventory. Plus some dealerships may not have allocations for Super Duty since sales are down. Do yourself a huge favor and ask the sales manager if they have an allocation for an SD before you sign a contract.

Thanks, PapaRaptor, I will confirm that before signing.

Just to provide another reference, I ordered mine on May 15th. The MSRP build cost online was $72,260 (7.3L, F350, Lariat Sport + a number of addons I wanted). I ended up getting it for $65,982. I am not sure what the invoice price is for my build, but i shopped around quite a bit to get someone down to that price. May not be the best price but I felt good about it. If any better incentives come out before it arrives OR I get lucky enough for a PCO it will be icing on the cake. The wait does suck though....

Thanks, PapaRaptor, I will confirm that before signing.
also when you order ask if they will give you a higher "priority code," that way your truck will come in faster!

19 is normal, I think the lower the better, mine was 15 but I have heard of 10

Tremors are a hot commodity these days so finding one, particularly a 7.3L, is proving to be quite a challenge unless willing to compromise on trim and features. For those that have custom ordered in the last month, but anyone really, what kind of price were you able to snag? I know there were some great deals to be had amid the COVID-19 shutdown but it seems that things are starting to improve, and dealers are realizing they have a very popular truck and are less willing to negotiate on Tremors. It also seems like you lose the Ford rebates ($500 F-Series customer cash/Military appreciation etc.,) when not buying an existing truck on a dealer lot, which makes finding an existing one preferable to ordering. For what it's worth, the best price that I have found in NC is ordering at invoice. Thanks!
I ordered my Tremor January 29th, it was delivered on April 3rd. With a rebate from ford, I got my Tremor loaded for 61k, however I did not opt for the sunroof.

I ordered on March 20 at invoice minus any rebates or incentives that occur between assignment of VIN and delivery. Priority Code of 10 from Durango Motor Company in CO.

How does one find what invoice is?

Thank you all for the responses, and it is very good to hear that the available rebates are not lost when ordering. The likely long wait time will be torture, though.
I just did a quick inventory search on Fords website and there are several Tremors newly available in The Fayetteville - Triangle area. I found mine at Capital Ford, went to Lafayette and talked to my girl Jennie Griffin.....I was driving it the next Day.

Thanks, David. I saw that there were quite a few headed to the area on the Ford site but most appear to still be in transit. Sadly, only one is a 7.3L so I am starting to wonder if I may have to be open to the idea of a 6.7L? Or just wait on a custom order but that will take months from the look of things.

Thanks, David. I saw that there were quite a few headed to the area on the Ford site but most appear to still be in transit. Sadly, only one is a 7.3L so I am starting to wonder if I may have to be open to the idea of a 6.7L? Or just wait on a custom order but that will take months from the look of things.

Custom is the way to go. Never settle, you will regret it later.

Back