Custom Order Platinum Tremor

1tomocon

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
If I order a platinum tremor, are all the door handles and mirror caps going to be chrome or is there an option to have them match the body color ?

modified

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2017 Ford Rapor
Current Ride #2
2020 Diesel Tremor
Welcome to the forum @1tomocon - I believe by adding that package you would get the chrome caps + handles. However, you might be able to omit those changes with a custom order.

abnmp557

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Miltary
U.S. Army
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Sport Tremor
Current Ride #2
2013 Rubicon Unlimited
I placed my tremor order as a lariat sport to avoid the chrome handles, mirror caps, grill and the tail gate appliqué. After I selected all the options I wanted the only real difference is mine will have plain black leather, no tuxedo stripe on the seats.

modified

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2017 Ford Rapor
Current Ride #2
2020 Diesel Tremor
I placed my tremor order as a lariat sport to avoid the chrome handles, mirror caps, grill and the tail gate appliqué. After I selected all the options I wanted the only real difference is mine will have plain black leather, no tuxedo stripe on the seats.
@abnmp557 - Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Tremor order. What color did you go with? What's the ETA?

abnmp557

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Miltary
U.S. Army
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
2013 Rubicon Unlimited
Thanks Modified. I ordered it in star white with the lariat sport and ultimate lariat packages with black leather. My dealer told me that it may be a late build and to expect it around February. No hurry, just finally upgrading from my 08.

Hammrod

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2010 raptor
If I order a platinum tremor, are all the door handles and mirror caps going to be chrome or is there an option to have them match the body color ?
I ordered the platinum, and was told the tremor pkg changes it to body colored components (bumpers,grill,handles,mirror caps).
I was very clear and specific that i wanted no chrome on my truck. And was assured it would not.
If its got chrome its not mine.
....Guess we will find out...

Last edited:

abnmp557

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Miltary
U.S. Army
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
2013 Rubicon Unlimited
The platinum tremor comes with a chrome grill, mirror caps, side vents and an aluminum tailgate appliqué. The blacked out version is the lariat sport tremor. Check out the white platinum tremor in the stock ford tremor pictures.

Attachments

abnmp557

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Miltary
U.S. Army
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
2013 Rubicon Unlimited
Ford’s Tremor video. The white platinum tremor is at the 51 second mark.

Hammrod

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2010 raptor
I didn’t get my info from promo pics and video of prototypes.
I heard it from the Humans building my truck.
I have ordered many from the same guy, never misguided me.
maybe they are being untruthful.
I have no coin involved...
Nothing to loose but time.
We will wait and see.

abnmp557

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Miltary
U.S. Army
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
2013 Rubicon Unlimited
Just telling you what I was told, by the humans at Ford when I placed my order 9-04-19. If you don’t like the input I was given then don’t ask ask for it.

Hammrod

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2010 raptor
C
Just telling you what I was told, by the humans at Ford when I placed my order 9-04-19. If you don’t like the input I was given then don’t ask ask for it.
Calm down.
Unwad your panties.
Its ok to disagree.
We both obviously have different sources of info.
But i have been pretty aggressive about this very question with my dealer.
He spent a lot of time on the phone with the guy overseeing the builds when we were creating the build sheet on 08-21-19
. so i feel pretty confident....
but we will see.

Sully

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F350
I didn’t get my info from promo pics and video of prototypes.
I heard it from the Humans building my truck.
I have ordered many from the same guy, never misguided me.
maybe they are being untruthful.
I have no coin involved...
Nothing to loose but time.
We will wait and see.
Your source is misinformed. Nothing changes with the different packages. It’s the same Platinum & King Ranch packages. The lariat sport is the only one without chrome.

Mj17

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
confusing how this platinum has power running boards, but on the ford build section online you can’t spec a platinum tremor with them. Also with the exterior view of the truck when you choose different angles the handles are chrome on one side and black on the other. Same with the tailgate appletique or w.e the f it’s called.

DerekC

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Star White 7.3l Platinum Tremor
confusing how this platinum has power running boards, but on the ford build section online you can’t spec a platinum tremor with them. Also with the exterior view of the truck when you choose different angles the handles are chrome on one side and black on the other. Same with the tailgate appletique or w.e the f it’s called.
I Noticed this on Fords build site as well regarding the power running boards. I ordered my F250 Platinum with the Tremor package with the assumption it would be coming standard with the power running boards. On the Ford build site it gives you the option of either the matte black off road steps or the power running boards. I am hoping its a Ford glitch in their build site as I was hoping for the power running boards like on all previous Platinum packages. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Sully

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F350
You have to select the power running boards separately. I ordered one and its listed as a seprate option to replace the Tremor running boards.

Mj17

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
You have to select the power running boards separately. I ordered one and its listed as a seprate option to replace the Tremor running boards.
Won't let me do that online, it removes the tremor package. Hopefully that's not the case.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge