Cross Country Bumper Shipping

Rock Taxi

Founding Member
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 and 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I am selling my front and rear factory bumpers, and have no idea on how to ship something like this from Texas to California in a safe and affordable way.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this and who to contact to figure out how? It almost seems like a big pallet would be the right answer, but I have no knowledge, skill or experience to figure out the right approach.

Thanks in advance!

Ed

OP
Rock Taxi

Rock Taxi

Founding Member
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
Thanks Bbrett!

How would you package something like front and rear bumpers for Greyhound to not damage the bumpers? Moving blankets and duct tape? Adds a bit to the packing cost for the buyer, but shouldn't be too bad and wouldn't add much weight.

Ed

bbrett

Founding Member
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Lariat Tremor
Maybe large bubble wrap and moving blankets? obviously trying to keep the shipping size down. They say 82" is the max width on the FAQ so any packaging is going to be on the cusp. the bumper is what around 78"-80"?

OP
Rock Taxi

Rock Taxi

Founding Member
Current Ride
Current Ride #2
Maybe large bubble wrap and moving blankets? obviously trying to keep the shipping size down. They say 82" is the max width on the FAQ so any packaging is going to be on the cusp. the bumper is what around 78"-80"?
Correct. Measuring in the dark by myself, looks like about that, 78-80 inches.

I will do some googlng tomorrow and see if I can help my potential buyer out.

Ed

SManZ

Tremor Buff
Current Ride
2020 F-250 SD Tremor XLT
Fastenal offers shipping services. I had a plate steel bumper shipped on a pallet from the manufacturer through Fastenal. The service was great. I got a call when it arrived and I went to the store to pick it up. They forklifted the pallet on to my tailgate too!

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Current Ride
F350 Tremor 6.7 Lariat sport
I am selling my front and rear factory bumpers, and have no idea on how to ship something like this from Texas to California in a safe and affordable way.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this and who to contact to figure out how? It almost seems like a big pallet would be the right answer, but I have no knowledge, skill or experience to figure out the right approach.

Thanks in advance!

Ed
What do they weigh?