Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
USAF Gulf War Vet
Current Ride
6.7 liter Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
I scooped up (3) of these light weight Craftsman tool boxes at Lowe’s today to keep camping/travel gear stored in when we are on the road. A tool box, ehhh not so much. More like an organizer with a handle. The ad says metal latch, nope plastic. But it will serve our purposes.

A8CD96A0-9DF0-4D83-B50C-63AF260D4417.jpeg

2A64331E-AD31-4EB1-8538-D1281E89179E.jpeg

6CF29924-270D-4612-9C6E-6CB587F74CB7.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Patriot

Patriot

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
USAF Gulf War Vet
Current Ride
6.7 liter Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
Sweet, almost looks like they designed for all three. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Brother I appreciate the positive comment. 👍🏻 I think they are decent for organizing gear, as mentioned, I would not load them like a normal tool box with heavy tools. Made in the USA if you can believe it. 🇺🇸

73Trmr

Mild mod man
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 7.3 “Whitney”
Current Ride #2
'06 4Runner “Trusty”
Thanks for posting this. Those boxes definitely fit the cargo space and the handles even match the seatbelt latches.
I have the ViAir RV kit, which I think is what you have, and there is no way it will fit under the seat with the two air hose compartments.

OP
Patriot

Patriot

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
USAF Gulf War Vet
Current Ride
6.7 liter Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
Thanks for posting this. Those boxes definitely fit the cargo space and the handles even match the seatbelt latches.
I have the ViAir RV kit, which I think is what you have, and there is no way it will fit under the seat with the two air hose compartments.
You bet, 👍🏻👍🏻

AppStateDDS

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-250 Lariat Sport Tremor
Current Ride #2
2018 Audi Q7
Stupid question (There are no stupid questions, just stupid people that ask questions...): Do those boxes still fit under the rear seat if the underseat tray is folded down?

OP
Patriot

Patriot

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
USAF Gulf War Vet
Current Ride
6.7 liter Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
Stupid question (There are no stupid questions, just stupid people that ask questions...): Do those boxes still fit under the rear seat if the underseat tray is folded down?
I have not tried that yet. I will check later.

STDevil

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Super Duty
I went and bough (3!) and then noticed that the seats did not go all the way down...the containers are about 1/4" too tall. I am going to go back and see if they have little "feet" on the bottom. If they do, I will sand them off and I am sure everything will be OK. I am sure its probably OK to use the containers as is, as the bottom of the rear seat is a kind of squishy and should be able to just deform a bit, but I am not sure.

Either way, this is an awesome setup.

OP
Patriot

Patriot

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
USAF Gulf War Vet
Current Ride
6.7 liter Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
I went and bough (3!) and then noticed that the seats did not go all the way down...the containers are about 1/4" too tall. I am going to go back and see if they have little "feet" on the bottom. If they do, I will sand them off and I am sure everything will be OK. I am sure its probably OK to use the containers as is, as the bottom of the rear seat is a kind of squishy and should be able to just deform a bit, but I am not sure.

Either way, this is an awesome setup.
Thanks for this feedback @STDevil, I did not check the back seat clearance when the seats are down as I rarely if ever have the seat folded down.
This is very helpful to know. 👍🏻👍🏻

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge