CP4 Delete

Interesting......

I'll be in line for one of these once they release the 2020+ version. Taking the risk on a $8-10k CP4 failure, knowing that Ford will fight the warranty repair tooth and nail, is not something that I want to deal with! I already lost on the 6L and I don't want a repeat performance with this truck.

And we all thought the toilet paper shortage was crazy. These will be getting flipped for mad $$$$$.

CP4 deletes .png

I did the S&S CP4 disaster prevention kit on mine recently in the meantime. If the CP4 fails, I'm protected and then can hopefully buy the new S&S pump option.

Has there been a single CP4 failure reported on this very forum from any 2020-2022 Tremor owners?

A failure where someone didn’t accidentally pour Def into their gas tank, like a real unfortunate failure.

If so, can someone share that thread or post?

Has there been a single CP4 failure reported on this very forum from any 2020-2022 Tremor owners?

A failure where someone didn’t accidentally pour Def into their gas tank, like a real unfortunate failure.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Good point, all this CP4 paranoia that isn't related to DEF contamination, gasoline contamination, or water contamination seems premature. I do somewhat like @Boarder1995 way of thinking. Install a prevention kit, then your damage is contained, also S&S has a good history, but there is no history on this new pump.

I worked on 6.7's from 2011 up until I left the industry in 2018 and the only time I saw the CP4 high pressure pump fail was due to user error. The number one reason was DEF contamination, the second being lack of maintenance, and third being bad fuel. The bad fuel was always from an above ground storage tank that wasn't properly maintained.

Back