Tremoraholic
TOTM Winner
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor 7.3 Lariat
Current Ride #2
2023 Xpore Roamer1, 2013 Jeep Rubicon 2dr
I'm just about to order a Tremor and wondering if there is a 49 state emissions package that is different than the 50 state system being offered at my dealer? Can a 49 state system be ordered that might be different in some way? Simpler, different power, etc?

Also, if the winch is ordered, does that automatically include the dual batteries and 397 alternator? The alternator and dual batteries are shown as separate items on the order form, such that we can get them without the winch. Or even the big alternator with only one battery. But if ordering the winch, do the alternator and batteries come with it?

Thanks.

I'm just about to order a Tremor and wondering if there is a 49 state emissions package that is different than the 50 state system being offered at my dealer? Can a 49 state system be ordered that might be different in some way? Simpler, different power, etc?

Also, if the winch is ordered, does that automatically include the dual batteries and 397 alternator? The alternator and dual batteries are shown as separate items on the order form, such that we can get them without the winch. Or even the big alternator with only one battery. But if ordering the winch, do the alternator and batteries come with it?

Thanks.
I don’t know about power but resale with 50 state Would probably be better I would go with the two batteries and alternators if you’re doing the winch cheaper to add it know

Coco, Thanks for the reply, but that is not what i'm asking. I get that adding the winch is a good idea. I'm trying to figure out if the batteries and big alternator come with the winch, or have to be ordered separately. They are shown as independent items on the order sheet, but I think the winch option requires us to get them. They are important, but i don't know if they come with the winch, or must be ordered separately.

Coco, Thanks for the reply, but that is not what i'm asking. I get that adding the winch is a good idea. I'm trying to figure out if the batteries and big alternator come with the winch, or have to be ordered separately. They are shown as independent items on the order sheet, but I think the winch option requires us to get them. They are important, but i don't know if they come with the winch, or must be ordered separately.
Hopefully someone will reply with info if not I would add it so the dealer does not screw up your build ??

I didn't even know a 49 state emissions package was a thing. There's a manufacturer that does that? Why not just be honest with it and call it the Non-California model? lol

As for the winch, I got the 6.7 so already had the dual battery and I added the 397 alternator manually just to be safe. Don't want the truck showing up and the winch not working cuz I assumed I'd save $115.

I found the Ford build and price website adds the correct items that are needed for other features. For example, when I added the rapid heater for diesels, it automatically adds the 397 Amp alternator option. (Which I wanted anyway)

I sent the completed build sheet to my dealer and then, I confirmed everything was on the order. I hope the dealers ordering system does the same thing, but you could ask them to confirm.

I didn't even know a 49 state emissions package was a thing. There's a manufacturer that does that? Why not just be honest with it and call it the Non-California model? lol

As for the winch, I got the 6.7 so already had the dual battery and I added the 397 alternator manually just to be safe. Don't want the truck showing up and the winch not working cuz I assumed I'd save $115.
There have been 49 State, or Federal vs CA packages for a very long time. Sometimes it makes a big difference on how they run, sometimes it is just some extra fuel venting lines. I just don't know if all 7.3s have the same system or not. Or are tuned the same, or not. I specifically picked dealers that sold Federal packages twice when buying two different Ram trucks.

It’s my understanding that all vehicles produced by Ford are CARB compliant (so no alternate emissions version).

edit: except export versions which may not be

I would select the dual alternator when I did my build. The winch is different than things like the rapid heat. It’s a dealer installed option not factory installed so the build and price system may not force the dual alternator selection. Just my $0.02.

Good luck with your purchase!

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back