Couldn't wait for 2022s so...

bigbully

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Ford F350 Lariat 6.7 Tremor
Ordering a 2022 was going to take too long for my needs so I went on the hunt for a dealer stock 2021. With the current market I consider myself extremely lucky....

I spent weeks digging through the Ford website inventory pages and it was extremely frustrating to say the least since the filtering options are extremely limited and the inventory wasn't always matching actual dealer inventories. I was determined to find a good deal and I was starting to get discouraged with every inquiry returning a price $5000-10000 over MSRP. Then my luck finally started to change.

Lucky break #1 - Found a dealer in my state (albeit 6 hrs away) that had 3 Tremors coming to them all equipped the way I wanted minus the universal garage opener. Star White, Iconic Silver and Velocity Blue. I called and found out the Star White was sold already, but the Iconic Silver was available.
Lucky Break #2 - The price was below MSRP. Originally, they told me $450 above invoice no haggling. In this market that's pretty good. Even luckier they agreed to let me use an X-Plan PIN!
Lucky Break #3 - I agreed to put a deposit while we waited a month and a half for the truck to arrive. The timeframe was perfect since I was in the middle of a refinance and needed that to close before moving forward with new financing. Turns out the Iconic Silver had also been spoken for, but was entered in the system wrong. I ask the salesman to double check the blue one and come to find out it is still available, but he thought I didn't want that one. Score!! That was originally my first color choice, but my wife wanted me to ask about the white one.
Lucky Break #4 - The truck arrived 2 weeks early, but my refi was delayed. Dealer agreed to hold it for me!
Lucky Break #5 - Refi finished drove 6 hrs to hotel next door to the dealer and they gave me more for my trade than any of the local dealers or web services. $18k for my 2008 Toyota Tundra with 99.5k miles
Lucky Break #6 - They honored the X-plan pricing as originally agreed even though they were now asking well above the $450 over invoice that they originally priced the truck at. On top of which there was an additional $300 rebate for plan purchasers.

Anyway, long story short we enjoyed our 6 hr drive home the following day in this F350:

64584926074__32ABE547-DB00-4282-9E14-7323B09AF38B.fullsizerender.jpg

Glad to be a part of the Tremor club and looking forward to the modding.

Already did some FORscan changes, ordered a Carli Backcountry lift, replaced the visor with Universal Garage Opener and replaced the headrests with the 4-way version.

Ordering a 2022 was going to take too long for my needs so I went on the hunt for a dealer stock 2021. With the current market I consider myself extremely lucky....

I spent weeks digging through the Ford website inventory pages and it was extremely frustrating to say the least since the filtering options are extremely limited and the inventory wasn't always matching actual dealer inventories. I was determined to find a good deal and I was starting to get discouraged with every inquiry returning a price $5000-10000 over MSRP. Then my luck finally started to change.

Lucky break #1 - Found a dealer in my state (albeit 6 hrs away) that had 3 Tremors coming to them all equipped the way I wanted minus the universal garage opener. Star White, Iconic Silver and Velocity Blue. I called and found out the Star White was sold already, but the Iconic Silver was available.
Lucky Break #2 - The price was below MSRP. Originally, they told me $450 above invoice no haggling. In this market that's pretty good. Even luckier they agreed to let me use an X-Plan PIN!
Lucky Break #3 - I agreed to put a deposit while we waited a month and a half for the truck to arrive. The timeframe was perfect since I was in the middle of a refinance and needed that to close before moving forward with new financing. Turns out the Iconic Silver had also been spoken for, but was entered in the system wrong. I ask the salesman to double check the blue one and come to find out it is still available, but he thought I didn't want that one. Score!! That was originally my first color choice, but my wife wanted me to ask about the white one.
Lucky Break #4 - The truck arrived 2 weeks early, but my refi was delayed. Dealer agreed to hold it for me!
Lucky Break #5 - Refi finished drove 6 hrs to hotel next door to the dealer and they gave me more for my trade than any of the local dealers or web services. $18k for my 2008 Toyota Tundra with 99.5k miles
Lucky Break #6 - They honored the X-plan pricing as originally agreed even though they were now asking well above the $450 over invoice that they originally priced the truck at. On top of which there was an additional $300 rebate for plan purchasers.

Anyway, long story short we enjoyed our 6 hr drive home the following day in this F350:

View attachment 27224

Glad to be a part of the Tremor club and looking forward to the modding.

Already did some FORscan changes, ordered a Carli Backcountry lift, replaced the visor with Universal Garage Opener and replaced the headrests with the 4-way version.
SWEET LOOKING BEAST.
I loved your story.
GOD has blessed you with many blessings.
Remember To Thank Him you lucky DOG.
Congrats and welcome to the Family.
post many pics. Definitely get one of you with your grin next to your Sexy New Beast.
???????????????????

The Ford Store of Morgan Hill, CA were great to deal with and went above and beyond to work with me. Many thanks to Manny and the rest of the team!

View attachment 27288
Yeah Man. Fuck Yeah Man. BUT I can’t see the grin with that face diaper on. But I know you must be grinning ear to ear. I know I was when I picked up my build in January. May GOD BLESS YOU, YOUR FAMILY, AND YOUR SEXY BEAUTIFUL BEAST. ??????

Congratulations and way to work it out! You really did well in that the truck was so close to the exact order you would have placed anyway.
I've read a couple of your other posts so far and you look like you've jumped in with both feet. Love the way you are sharing all the details of you mods, especially sources and part numbers. That's what makes the Tremor Forum Family so great. Welcome aboard! ? ?:cool:

Congratulations and way to work it out! You really did well in that the truck was so close to the exact order you would have placed anyway.
I've read a couple of your other posts so far and you look like you've jumped in with both feet. Love the way you are sharing all the details of you mods, especially sources and part numbers. That's what makes the Tremor Forum Family so great. Welcome aboard! ? ?:cool:
Thanks. I figured others may be in the same boat and the dealers have been less than helpful so far.

Back