Costco Gas Station Etiquette

I dont like Costco, I don't like what goes on at Costco, therfore I don't go to Costco...Places like Costco/Wallmart/Sams attract the lowest common denominator of human being...I just pay few extra bucks somewhere else to limit my exposure.
Sam's Club and Walmart are in a different category than Costco is. Read into it sometime. Costco has a very intense vetting process for hiring. They pay their people good wages and treat them well. Most employees stay there a long time. I also read that recruiters like to sit in the Costco parking lots and try to scalp employees. Walmart / Sam's club on the other hand are what you describe. Just walking in the door of either one of those, the quality of the goods they're selling and the people in the store are drastically lower.

Sam's Club and Walmart are in a different category than Costco is. Read into it sometime. Costco has a very intense vetting process for hiring. They pay their people good wages and treat them well. Most employees stay there a long time. I also read that recruiters like to sit in the Costco parking lots and try to scalp employees. Walmart / Sam's club on the other hand are what you describe. Just walking in the door of either one of those, the quality of the goods they're selling and the people in the store are drastically lower.
Fully agree. We dont have a sams club in our area, but when we go to the Sacramento area to visit the mother in law they have one with a gas station. The gas is the same gas, and the prices are about the same between the two.

In the stores its another story. Sams club is still walmart. Totally different vibe and people than costco. Costco it a really good place to work with well paid and treated employees and better quality stuff.

I got a friend from high school that works at Costco, he has been there around 10 years and describes it as the best place he has ever worked. I’m planning on retiring at 50 from my current job (police officer) which isn’t far off. I will then look hard at Costco or some place like that where I can walk and move around all day to stay in shape. I figure I’ll work that until I’m 65 or so then fully retire.

I got a friend from high school that works at Costco, he has been there around 10 years and describes it as the best place he has ever worked. I’m planning on retiring at 50 from my current job (police officer) which isn’t far off. I will then look hard at Costco or some place like that where I can walk and move around all day to stay in shape. I figure I’ll work that until I’m 65 or so then fully retire.
My wife has worked there in optical for 24 years. They've treated use like gold!

I do the same thing, just pull around people when they don't move into an open slot, most of the time, its because they have their heads down looking at their phones.

Another thing that drives me crazy is people who don't pull up to the pump on the side that their gas door is on, then they stand in the center lane and get upset when I come past them to get to a pump. That little arrow on your gas gauge still does the same thing skidplate, so dont get mad at me for driving through the center to get past your dumb azz

You would think Jimmy Carter was president as long as the line are at Costco but then again gas is $2.85 a gallon and everyone was well mannered

I do the same thing, just pull around people when they don't move into an open slot, most of the time, its because they have their heads down looking at their phones.

Another thing that drives me crazy is people who don't pull up to the pump on the side that their gas door is on, then they stand in the center lane and get upset when I come past them to get to a pump. That little arrow on your gas gauge still does the same thing skidplate, so dont get mad at me for driving through the center to get past your dumb azz
I fill up at Costco on the wrong side all of the time! Mostly because I can usually pull right up to a pump and run it across the bed, other wise wait.... I don't care if you wanna drive past in the middle though, as there is more than enough room.

Not worth the aggravation either inside Costco or at the pumps.
That's where I come down too. It's nice to get a bargain and save some cash, but I'm also willing to pay for convenience. As far as Costco goes, the inconvenience cancels out any savings in my opinion.

Latest Discussions

Back