Cost of Oil Change for 7.3

JonnyBGood96

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 XLT Tremor
What is everyone paying for an oil change in their 7.3? I'm debating changing my own oil, but only if the price is worth it

Thanks

The best way to learn about your truck ! Change it yourself and let it drain to the last drop.
.. Very gratifying to do what our grandfathers and fathers did. Recycle it at Walmart !
How many members own a "creeper".. Post Up.

I always do my own!

I know what goes in it. Take the time to let it all drain out.

I had a free oil change once on my 1996 Dodge Viper. They cross threaded the plug and it leaked oil. I was pissed. the oil change monkeys are not real mechanics and I don't trust them with an 83k truck.

It's easy and cheap to do your own.

I used Ford Pass points to pay for my first oil change.

Motorcraft oil and filter will be less than half that price if you do it yourself. Look under the truck where the filter and plug are, they made this one super easy.

With 2 6 quart cases of Mobil 1 full synthetic and filter it is only $65 for everything to do it my self. At 8 quarts will actually be less than $50 for full synthetic change. I prefer to change oil my self.

Motorcraft oil and filter will be less than half that price if you do it yourself. Look under the truck where the filter and plug are, they made this one super easy.
I almost started crying tears of joy I was so happy when I saw where they put the filter on these. Coming from a 2013 Ecoboost where the filter is the most horrid place ever I'm looking forward to years of oil changes myself. It couldn't be any easier especially on a Tremor were you don't even need to put it up on ramps or anything to get a creeper under it. Easy access all the way around.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone that performs their own maintenance ever had to prove you performed the services at the intervals to the manufacturer for warranty coverage? Just wondering how that works, if you take it to a shop usually it is recorded but self service you just have a receipt, does that make it harder to get warranty work covered? I try do to it myself when possible but when we got our expedition I looked at it once and thought what a PITA. I do agree with others that doing it yourself is best since you know what is going on, so many times have I found caps not secured, items improperly tightened, fluids too full or low, among other items.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone that performs their own maintenance ever had to prove you performed the services at the intervals to the manufacturer for warranty coverage? Just wondering how that works, if you take it to a shop usually it is recorded but self service you just have a receipt, does that make it harder to get warranty work covered? I try do to it myself when possible but when we got our expedition I looked at it once and thought what a PITA. I do agree with others that doing it yourself is best since you know what is going on, so many times have I found caps not secured, items improperly tightened, fluids too full or low, among other items.

You just have to keep a record of what you do so you can provide proof if that ever happens.

You just have to keep a record of what you do so you can provide proof if that ever happens.
Speaking from experience I had a short block replaced under ESP warranty at 42k miles on my 2013 F150. There was zero discussion about oil change or maintenance of any kind and I do it all myself.

How long did it take to get your reward points? I’m past 2 weeks still no points....

Within the first 30 days I had them showing up in my account.

Changing your oil is much cheaper and the job gets done right.

I bought a Chevy truck several years ago and was told " if you let us change the oil we give you lifetime bumper to bumper warranty "........GREAT.

First oil change it was a quart over on the dipstick so I made them drain it down.
When I got home I crawled underneath and there is the old oil filter.......never again.

I almost started crying tears of joy I was so happy when I saw where they put the filter on these. Coming from a 2013 Ecoboost where the filter is the most horrid place ever I'm looking forward to years of oil changes myself. It couldn't be any easier especially on a Tremor were you don't even need to put it up on ramps or anything to get a creeper under it. Easy access all the way around.
13 Ecoboost here as well! Got 162k on it and hoping it’ll last til my Tremor comes in at end of year/beginning of 2021. ?

Back