Constant 12v in-cab accessory power

elkhunter

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
silverado
My old Chevy had power to the cigarette lighters and accessory ports even when the vehicle was off. This was great when you are camping and you want to charge your phone or gps or whatever overnight. So far I haven't learned of any options to easily overcome this on my new Tremor.

Right now, I'm thinking that I run a constantly powered upfitter switch to the cab. I'm hoping there is an easier way because I'm concerned that I can't make it look nice/professional in the interior.

Let me know if you solved this problem or if you know of an easy answer.

In Forscan you can Disable the PowerPoint delay so it just stays on.

In Forscan you can Disable the PowerPoint delay so it just stays on.
That sounds great. I was trying to put 1k miles on the truck before I tinker with Forscan, but sounds like I need to accelerate my plans. Thanks

Can you explain to what a 'PowerPoint delay' is? I assume that it is the time the ports stay powered until the delay has been reached. I also assume that 'disable' means that the delay is infinity.

That sounds great. I was trying to put 1k miles on the truck before I tinker with Forscan, but sounds like I need to accelerate my plans. Thanks

Can you explain to what a 'PowerPoint delay' is? I assume that it is the time the ports stay powered until the delay has been reached. I also assume that 'disable' means that the delay is infinity.
The PowerPoint is the 12V plugs the delay is how long it stays on till you pull a door handle 5,10,15min when set to 0 it stays on all the time.

I extended my power point time so if I am stupid and leave something on it will turn off but it will almost fully charge something on it before it shuts down. I believe its 4 hour but could be wrong, I haven't done any forscan for a long time. Its pretty easy to do with forscan. Lots of options.

I learned something about the power ports today. They are definitely inconsistent. For conversation let's call the round ports the cigarette lighter style (remember when) and the others are clearly usb ports.

I wanted to see which ports were controlled by the power delay feature in Forscan. In the front/dash, only the cigarette style had power after the truck was turned off and locked. The center console's cigarette style port was powered. Surprisingly, the rear usb ports were powered, but the rear's cigarette style was off. Hmmm. Not what I was expecting.

It's dark outside now and after I closed door and locked the truck, I noticed the light by the wireless charging port is still on. Also, the white LED light in the center console remained on even though it was closed. (I could only observe this by standing on the rail and peeking in through the windshield.) I'm going to wake before sun-up tomorrow, so I"ll report back if those turned off after a time delay. I hope so.

I learned something about the power ports today. They are definitely inconsistent. For conversation let's call the round ports the cigarette lighter style (remember when) and the others are clearly usb ports.

I wanted to see which ports were controlled by the power delay feature in Forscan. In the front/dash, only the cigarette style had power after the truck was turned off and locked. The center console's cigarette style port was powered. Surprisingly, the rear usb ports were powered, but the rear's cigarette style was off. Hmmm. Not what I was expecting.

It's dark outside now and after I closed door and locked the truck, I noticed the light by the wireless charging port is still on. Also, the white LED light in the center console remained on even though it was closed. (I could only observe this by standing on the rail and peeking in through the windshield.) I'm going to wake before sun-up tomorrow, so I"ll report back if those turned off after a time delay. I hope so.
The interior accent lights turned off after 10 minutes or so.

Bump.... does this work for the 2021?

Not for the 2020’s.
Confirmed. I had to run an upfitter to the rear after changing the jumper wire to constant hot. I use it to power a refrigerator and the BMS does cut the power to that specific switch when the power drain is too much. Pretty cool actually.

Latest Discussions

Back