Console vault

I'm liking that divided vault. Looks good for
an easy three or four 1911s! ?
I really like my newly installed E&G half safe. It is a complete steel box bolted down to the bottom of the console with a separate steel backing plate. You would have to take the console to get it out.

Cool, I'll check it out! That is when I get notified that I'm really gonna get my truck. ?

I have the Ford one because it was part of the deal due to a Ford screw up - ordered front bench, all tracking showed front bench, arrived with console. If I were to do it again, and may still swap, I would go with the E and G console that still leaves you with half of the console open for daily/quick access.

Added pic of current setup
where did you get the organizer for inside the console?

I went to E&G Classics and entered 2016 (the most recent year) and F250/350 and it said no dice on console safes! Did you use an F150 model?

I've had the Console Vault brand in my last two Rams. Love them. Great piece of mind for valuables, high quality. I ordered that option for my new Tremor too. But that E&G looks better because you still have a non-locking area for non secure items.

The Ford “safe” is a cover, not safe. It wouldn’t take much to pry it off the console. I wanted a true safe so I bought the E&G safe.

i already have my ford safe in my console. just ordered this organizer — i can get it in even if the safe is already installed?
Yes, I had my Ford console vault in when I put the organizer in, took it back out to drill some holes and put it all back in. It does make it a little more challenging, but doable.

The Ford “safe” is a cover, not safe. It wouldn’t take much to pry it off the console. I wanted a true safe so I bought the E&G safe.
The one I just installed bolts to all 4 sides and bottom. And it’s a factory Ford safe. I just put it in half an hour ago. And I tried to rip it out, not with any tools as I don’t want to scratch it, but with 10 bolts holding it in I’m sure it’ll stop most crackheads from getting in there.

Attachments

• 9EF0ACA8-FA80-4164-8EFA-C9962AD9AB25.jpeg
    9EF0ACA8-FA80-4164-8EFA-C9962AD9AB25.jpeg
    725.8 KB · Views: 102
I have the Ford one because it was part of the deal due to a Ford screw up - ordered front bench, all tracking showed front bench, arrived with console. If I were to do it again, and may still swap, I would go with the E and G console that still leaves you with half of the console open for daily/quick access.

Added pic of current setup
Are those Chicago screws holding the holster in? That looks pretty good if its strong enough to hold.

Are those Chicago screws holding the holster in? That looks pretty good if its strong enough to hold.
I marked and drilled three holes in the panel and used the same screws that came with the holster that were intended to attach it to either the belt piece or panel, basically their version of Chicago screws. I had used this same holster in a similar setup in the "glove box" of my BMW R1200RT. It had a lockable panel where the radio option would be that worked perfect.

It does lean in a little, but if it starts to too much when it warms up, it will be a simple fix.

I marked and drilled three holes in the panel and used the same screws that came with the holster that were intended to attach it to either the belt piece or panel, basically their version of Chicago screws. I had used this same holster in a similar setup in the "glove box" of my BMW R1200RT. It had a lockable panel where the radio option would be that worked perfect.

It does lean in a little, but if it starts to too much when it warms up, it will be a simple fix.
I like it. I think I might cut a piece of 1/4 in plywood to reinforce it and do the same thing. Mine hasn't come yet.

I like it. I think I might cut a piece of 1/4 in plywood to reinforce it and do the same thing. Mine hasn't come yet.
If I would have thought about it before putting it in, I would have drilled a small hole and just put a pin in it to keep it from moving in. Now may just do it this summer

If I would have thought about it before putting it in, I would have drilled a small hole and just put a pin in it to keep it from moving in. Now may just do it this summer
Oh, so its not flexing, just moving? I think I see what you are saying. I can deal with that when I put it in. I was concerned that the plastic would flex and not hold up.

Oh, so its not flexing, just moving? I think I see what you are saying. I can deal with that when I put it in. I was concerned that the plastic would flex and not hold up.
The weight of the holster with my sidearm in it has it lean to the gun side just a little. I'm not too concerned about it now, but wonder if it will a little more when it's 100 degrees out instead of 20.

My thought is to drill a small pin hole on the cross piece that the holster is not on and then a small pin will keep it from moving that direction.

Latest Discussions

Back