Console Floor Shifter Conversion

SVT4X4

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Here is a video I put together showing some of the process to install an F150 floor shifter in a 2020 F250. This will apply to other years with minor adjustments. I know some of the first questions will be why, and the simplest answer is because I wanted to. But when my wife asks it is because I greatly prefer the floor shifter playing in the dunes. Plus, I wanted to. This will also be helpful if you are needing to remove parts of the console for any reason, or if you were curious what is inside.

Here is a video I put together showing some of the process to install an F150 floor shifter in a 2020 F250. This will apply to other years with minor adjustments. I know some of the first questions will be why, and the simplest answer is because I wanted to. But when my wife asks it is because I greatly prefer the floor shifter playing in the dunes. Plus, I wanted to. This will also be helpful if you are needing to remove parts of the console for any reason, or if you were curious what is inside.

I really like that. BUT no way in hell am I capable of pulling that off.

Very impressive. that is the one feature I miss from the 150, but I do also like having 4 cup holders!
Gear limiting on the mountain roads is not as intuitive from the column

Man, having come from a Raptor, I can’t tell you how much wasted space that pointless shifter in the console takes up - and now having the column shifter and a useful cubby I much prefer the Tremor’s setup. Respect for the work undertaken but each to their own

Man, having come from a Raptor, I can’t tell you how much wasted space that pointless shifter in the console takes up - and now having the column shifter and a useful cubby I much prefer the Tremor’s setup. Respect for the work undertaken but each to their own
Agreed. I think the paddle shifters from upgrading to Raptor steering wheel would give you the same ability while retaining the extra space in the center console.

Agreed. I think the paddle shifters from upgrading to Raptor steering wheel would give you the same ability while retaining the extra space in the center console.

Agreed. Unless you are moving into R or N all the time, I don't get how it helps. Paddle shifters would be much better at changing gears.

I love it! I love the console room but I would give it up for this. I hate the old column shifters. It has a much "cleaner" or "refined" look to it. Nice Job by the way, if you were in Texas I might hire you to do mine! lol Curious about the costs of
the parts, did you keep track of what it all ended up costing you?

re: Raptor paddles, yup, that's what I did this weekend.

Fj4LKoM.jpg

Heated wheel harness came yesterday, I'll get the paddles figured out soon.

re: Raptor paddles, yup, that's what I did this weekend.

Fj4LKoM.jpg

Heated wheel harness came yesterday, I'll get the paddles figured out soon.
NICE, I am thinking about doing the heated steering wheel at some point as well. Let us know how it goes

I appreciate the work done, its very nice, kinda cool but agree with a paddle shifter upgrade and I will keep my console for holding 4 supersized adult beverages.

A lot of work. Well done. I don’t get it but good job and thanks for sharing. I prefer the column shifter.

so if you don't have heated steering wheel you can add it after the fact
You have to replace the steering wheel, add a harness and do some Forscan changes but yes.

I love it! I love the console room but I would give it up for this. I hate the old column shifters. It has a much "cleaner" or "refined" look to it. Nice Job by the way, if you were in Texas I might hire you to do mine! lol Curious about the costs of
the parts, did you keep track of what it all ended up costing you?
When I get around to selling the console that came out of the truck, most of the parts will be a wash. Probably around $100 for the new parts I purchased and more of the research time.

Will this mod void your warranty completely?

any issues you might’ve ran into after the modification?

Back