Concerning the brakes

JC_Tremor

Toasty
Miltary
USN
Current Ride
Focus ST
So I'm not totally familiar with truck brakes but the F250 Tremor brakes seem to be fair good. I know I didn't get quite the same feel from a GMC Denali 2500 with the 6.0...anyone have any idea how the brakes compare?

richtor

Current Ride
TRD OR Tacoma
Just looking at them, you know they're capable. Measuring 16.5 inches up front with Brembo six-piston calipers and 14.6 inches in the rear with four-pistons.

The base truck needed just 100 feet to stop and the Tremor equipped Superduty only 94 feet.

No, that’s the GT500 brakes.

Bull

Current Ride
F250 Lariat Diesel with the 2006 Appearance Package
I just did a complete brake job on all four corners of my older F250 diesel a few months ago - I am sure the 2020 brakes are similar or improved but I can tell you they are very meaty - rotors are heavy - calipers big etc. - the only weak point in the system is the backing plate used to hold the parking brake shoes - they will rust (if you live in area where that is a thing) and fail allowing the parking brake shoes to move all over the place within the drum that is part of the rear rotor(s).

Last edited:
OP
JC_Tremor

JC_Tremor

Toasty
Miltary
USN
Current Ride
Focus ST
I just did a complete brake job on all four corners of my older F250 diesel a few months ago - I am sure the 2020 brakes are similar or improved but I can tell you they are very meaty - rotors are heavy - calipers big etc. - the only weak point in the system is the backing plate used to hold the parking brake shoes - they will rust (if you live in area where that is a thing) and fail allowing the parking brake shoes to move all over the place withing the drum that is part of the rear rotor(s).
I do happen to live in a salt water area...right on the bay in fact. You mentioned drum...maybe I'm misunderstanding due to ignorance but all four corners are disc brakes. I did look up pictures of the pieces and I have no idea how it all connects.

Bull

Current Ride
F250 Lariat Diesel with the 2006 Appearance Package
the parking brake setup is actually a "mini" drum built into each rear disc rotor - pic of plate attached. Not a huge concern but something to be aware of if you keep the vehicle for several years....

Attachments

driftwoodsvt

First Tremor on Methods!
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor 7.3L Lariat w/ Ultimate & Sport
I actually would not mind a bit more stopped power for this beast. Maybe some Brembos :)

OP
JC_Tremor

JC_Tremor

Toasty
Miltary
USN
Current Ride
Focus ST
the parking brake setup is actually a "mini" drum built into each rear disc rotor - pic of plate attached. Not a huge concern but something to be aware of if you keep the vehicle for several years....
Interesting, thank you for the information.

I actually would not mind a bit more stopped power for this beast. Maybe some Brembos :)
Agreed...there are other brands that do a similar job but involve a bit more work on your part. Ever heard of Ceika brakes? They do big brake kits. A bunch of guys on another forum, a car forum, did a big group buy and got a good discount of big brake kits for their hatchbacks. Unsure if there are any other comparable big brake kits for our trucks, similar to Brembo.

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge