Comparison to Bronco

Ilkhan

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Less as an either/or, and more of a comparison point. What can you do with a Badlands Sasquatch Bronco, that you could *not* do with a Tremor? Obviously anything with tight narrow trails, but especially thinking forest roads, gravel roads, or some medium-difficulty rocks?

The bronco is naturally going to be better at go-fast stuff with the coil spring rear suspension as well as the IFS. We did the Bronco ride along in Moab and it can haul in the ruff stuff where the Tremor will rattle your fillings

Badlands Sasquatch is going to have a front locker so it will climb more stuff. Anything with a sharp break over angle, the bronco will win due to the short wheelbase. Bronco also has a lot more capability with the cameras.

I took my Tremor out on a nice trail last weekend and was really impressed with the capabilities.

We have both a 2021 Tremor and a 2021 Bronco Outerbanks. The Bronco is not a Sasquatch but we did level it and add 35s.

I have taken both on the same forest roads/trails and as others have said the Bronco will soak up any imperfections in the road/trail. On any trails like this the Tremor will go over anything the Bronco will just with a little more rigidity.

There are places we can go where in the Bronco where the Tremor simply cannot due to it's size. I find myself spending a lot more prep work before hitting a new trail in the Tremor just to make sure it will fit.

With that said, we love our Tremor and the idea of pulling our camper across the Country and being able to unhitch and go explore the trails.

We have several off-roading videos on our YouTube channel some of the same trails driven in both the Tremor and the Bronco. We are still learning but having fun while doing so.

Here is our latest video from this past weekend, the Tremor couldn't access any of this due to the initial trails being too tight.

Oh and @Cropgun is right, the Tremor has to park outside.

If someone is legitimately considering a Bronco over a SD truck -- they don't need a SD truck and would be way better off with almost any other vehicle.

The Bronco is going to smoke the Tremor in every off-road venture except towing. If you're not towing, why are you buying an SD? To look like you tow something? (I actually have a neighbor with a SD and leaves an empty flatbed attached to it -- completely shocked that looking like you work for a living is now a thing...)

If someone is legitimately considering a Bronco over a SD truck -- they don't need a SD truck and would be way better off with almost any other vehicle.

The Bronco is going to smoke the Tremor in every off-road venture except towing. If you're not towing, why are you buying an SD? To look like you tow something? (I actually have a neighbor with a SD and leaves an empty flatbed attached to it -- completely shocked that looking like you work for a living is now a thing...)

I agree, that is supposed to be the beauty of the Tremor. To work and play. We towed our camper nearly 2,500 from Florida to Utah and drove as many trails as we could. Then packed up and towed it home. The drive was amazing and completely sold us on the Tremor.

At the end of the day the Bronco is a toy, the Tremor is a tool.

One thing that will be interesting to watch is the Bronco's payload. Right now you cannot get a roof rack on most models with skid plates and metal bumpers due to payload concerns. It is severely limited by payload if it is your only vehicle, again justifying the idea of it being more of a toy.

I considered a wild track but laughed my way out the door when they said a two year wait... and the roof problems etc still to this day I see the Bronco sport running around... and that's it.

These vehicles are very very different..... so I don't find myself caring about comparing them. Not to be negative, they are just very different which is so obvious I don't try to fit them into the same box I guess.

It's obvious the Bronco is smaller and the Tremor is bigger. The engine, driveline, shocks and suspension, etc were assembled to deliver completely different things so it's odd to compare them. Fun maybe. But Meh okay. Pure off road in the real world would be fun to see but I don't find much interest in a Bronco fun park to be honest. Break over, water fording and narrow trails I think are all you could compare?

I willl actually be able to change my oil in my driveway with a Tremor 7.3 even though it won't fit in my garage ha. The Sasquatch Broncos are Jeep Mojave competition. Not HD Truck competition. It's like comparing a Steak to a Hotdog or something.

The Bronco sport shouldn't even be mentioned here ha.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have both a 2021 Tremor and a 2021 Bronco Outerbanks. The Bronco is not a Sasquatch but we did level it and add 35s.

I have taken both on the same forest roads/trails and as others have said the Bronco will soak up any imperfections in the road/trail. On any trails like this the Tremor will go over anything the Bronco will just with a little more rigidity.

There are places we can go where in the Bronco where the Tremor simply cannot due to it's size. I find myself spending a lot more prep work before hitting a new trail in the Tremor just to make sure it will fit.

With that said, we love our Tremor and the idea of pulling our camper across the Country and being able to unhitch and go explore the trails.

We have several off-roading videos on our YouTube channel some of the same trails driven in both the Tremor and the Bronco. We are still learning but having fun while doing so.

Here is our latest video from this past weekend, the Tremor couldn't access any of this due to the initial trails being too tight.

Oh and @Cropgun is right, the Tremor has to park outside.
I didn't know PP5 was on here. I watched that video last night. The concrete barriers looked like lots of fun. But definitely not a tremor thing. I dont remember any videos with the same trails for both vehicles. I'll have to go back and look for those.

I wouldn't expect to park the tremor in the garage. Never have, never planned to.

We have talked about doing long RV trips, and maybe full timing for a year or two. That was going to be starting next summer, and that is part of what got me looking at the tremor over a bronco. But we've mostly decided another kid rather than full timing it, for now. But the trailer thing is exactly the problem. A bronco can't pull the type of trailer we want (roughly 28-40 foot bunkhouse, 8-14k lb), and a tremor can't do the gnarly off road stuff we want. Thus we debate. And ask question like these.

I have a deposit down for a Bronco from Granger, but they have a huge allocation issue and probably won't be able to deliver for a while. I can switch to a Tremor with them easily enough, but IDK if I really want to.

These vehicles are very very different..... so I don't find myself caring about comparing them. Not to be negative, they are just very different which is so obvious I don't try to fit them into the same box I guess.
Not trying to fit them in the same box. But there is some overlap, so I'm trying to decide where that overlap is, and which of the two non-overlapping sections is more important.

Last edited:
I didn't know PP5 was on here. I watched that video last night. The concrete barriers looked like lots of fun. But definitely not a tremor thing. I dont remember any videos with the same trails for both vehicles.
Thanks for watching!

Here is one of our early videos from the trails in Citrus County in the Tremor and then again in the Bronco. Honestly the Tremor does better there due to the higher ground clearance and available power.

Tremor:

Bronco:

We took the Bronco back twice and did all of the same trails. The Bronco has been stuck twice due to getting into ruts that caused us to high center. We need to get a winch on one or both of the vehicles.

I‘ve got a series 80 land cruiser and it’s fat enough on the trails, I couldn’t imagine trying to take a Tremor down the trails I normally ride. My 80 is enough of a pain…lol

I’m ordering a Tremor mainly for the looks compared to the other options (smaller air dam, rear locker and slightly taller stance). The locker will be nice as my 06 got me stuck in wet grass a few times when I had radials on it.

Thanks for watching!

Here is one of our early videos from the trails in Citrus County in the Tremor and then again in the Bronco. Honestly the Tremor does better there due to the higher ground clearance and available power.

Tremor:

Bronco:

We took the Bronco back twice and did all of the same trails. The Bronco has been stuck twice due to getting into ruts that caused us to high center. We need to get a winch on one or both of the vehicles.
Hey TampaTremor, I just wanted to let you know that I’ve really enjoyed the videos you and your wife have posted on your YouTube channel. Specially the ones about your Tremor. Thanks and keep up the good work 👍🏻

The Bronco will be my next vehicle and hopefully in that cactus grey color! It won't replace the Tremor but will be a nice addition. I do wish it offered more payload & towing. At least 5000 pounds to tow a small travel trailer (airstream basecamp, small black series, small trailer with UTV). I'm really excited to learn more details about the Bronco Raptor.

@TampaTremor - I've also really enjoyed watching your videos. I think it's great how you incorporate the entire family. Keep up the great work! (y)

I will add a picture tomorrow. It looks a lot like my Tremor key but with fewer buttons. (No tailgate button is one that I can think of at the moment.)

Lariat Ultimate Tremor (not sure if that matters) on the right. Bronco Outerbanks High Package on the left

Attachments

• IMG_20211018_150824__01.jpg
    IMG_20211018_150824__01.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20211018_150835__01.jpg
    IMG_20211018_150835__01.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 23

Latest Discussions

Back