Comparison of drive mode technical details?

Dogdad

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Lariat Tremor, 6.7 PSD; Stock-ish
Current Ride #2
2001 Excursion 4x4, 7.3 PSD; Lots of mods
Forgive me if this has been asked before, I did several forum searches but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

Is there are comparison of all the various drive modes that the Tremor offers?

Hopefully put out by Ford with specific details instead of "Optimized for dirt" or some other expression that journalists write when they don't know/care about how something works.

Thanks!

While I cant provide you with any documents of what each actually does, there are some videos on youtube of an owner showing the differences between sand and gravel mode vs rock mode and how the front axle reacts regarding the limited slip. In his videos it did make a difference.

I wanna know what economy mode actually does.

While I cant provide you with any documents of what each actually does, there are some videos on youtube of an owner showing the differences between sand and gravel mode vs rock mode and how the front axle reacts regarding the limited slip. In his videos it did make a difference.

Economy in my f150 feels like less boost. Throttle is sluggish.

Throttle is sluggish.

That's basically it. You no longer have direct control over the throttle plate so when you press down on the pedal you are commanding acceleration (the "what"). The PCM adjusts multiple variables to give you what you want (the "how" - VCT, ETB, Fuel, trans ratio, etc). Eco makes the pedal input less responsive from this aspect with the exception of wide open. You can do the same thing by tipping in real slow and easy, this just makes it easier by controlling the gain for you. I actually preferred it on Ecoboost F150s for most drives. It really smoothed the power delivery but if you got on it it still responded.

I got you:

on the super duty its mostly transmission. normal is just that. eco smoothes the throttle a bit to phase out how some people drive jerky on n off and it lowers all the shift points to keep it on lower rpms but it feels fast on the diesel still because it makes a lot of tq down low. the off road modes will start running different traction control strategies. haven't been off-road much but i tried it in the snow and since i have really good snow tires i didn't notice an improvement in any of those modes i ended up leaving it in normal or eco all the time.

Back