Trämör

7.3L > 6.7L
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
BMW M4 Competition Convertible
Hey guys!

Some of you (@Iron Man @Sludgemonkey44 ) know by now my order appears to be a bit messed up. I originally had an order for a 2020 F250 Platinum Tremor in July, until a few days back stated that it was “in transit”. Now sticker & everything disappeared from any of the order tracking websites. I don’t know if that’s all just random coincidence and the trucks about to show up, or something more concerning as other members have experienced.
BUT what all of this did is I now ask myself some really tough questions around my order. First of all, the truck will be a 2020 model received in November 2020, when most folks are already awaiting their 2021 and some have received them already. Secondly, it’s an F250 Tremor, and while from a usage point of view I really don’t need an F350 Tremor, it appears that not getting it is just plain coincidence at this point. Thirdly, I started liking those King Ranch Tremor models.
I have a couple options here now, so I’m asking you guys for your opinion, considering I could gain both the patience for something different but could also gain the acceptance of what I have ordered already.

Is it worth the consideration to move to a 2021 model and start the wait all over?

Last edited:
Hey guys!

Some of you (@Iron Man @Sludgemonkey44 ) know by now my order appears to be a bit messed up. I originally had an order for a 2020 F250 Platinum Tremor in July, until a few days back stated that it was “in transit”. Now sticker & everything disappeared from any of the order tracking websites. Now I don’t know if that’s all just random coincidence and the trucks about to show up, or something more concerning as other members have experienced.
BUT what all of this did to me is ask myself some really tough questions around my order. First of all, the truck will be a 2020 model received in November 2020, when most folks are already awaiting their 2021 and some have received them already. Secondly, it’s an F250, and while from a usage point of view I really don’t need an F350, it appears that not getting it is just plain coincidence at this point. Thirdly, I started REALLY liking those King Ranch models.
I have a couple options here now, so I’m asking you guys for your opinion, considering I could gain both the patience for something different but could also gain the acceptance of what I have ordered already. In full transparency and hoping you won’t all hate on me, I’m also revealing that off-roading & overlanding is only a future aspiration of mine and my tremor will spend most of its time being a daily driver, hardly towing anything in its first 2-3 years. So, I’m the kind of guy all-in on image & intended ability of these things versus actual usage (@Uncas will send a kill commando my way now). I will say though: I just love trucks. What a beautiful, marvelous piece of American automotive history & engineering.
What should I do?
Cancel it and watch from the side lines if you love observing instead of using. Save yourself the $.

What does the dealership say??? Did you check their website? Its often linked to Ford and when a vehicle gets delivered is shows up on their "new inventory" even if it's an order.
Maybe your Tremor came in or is about to. So check for it on the dealers web site under new inventory.

Step 2: Monday contact the dealership and inquire what's going on.

I would not worry about it the tracking sites go up and down all the time.

Your truck delivery is right around the corner probably. But I get the doubts that this may cause. I still to this day am waffling over not ordering a lariat and instead going with an XLT on a lot. I even joke with my co worker that I will sell him my XLT and order the lariat. But then I would probably waffle about the lariat and dream of the king ranch.

Even if your plans aren't to use the truck to its full potential it will still be something you want to drive. Some of the off road guys will never haul a trailer regularly. The guys who haul all the time probably don't go off road much. And those of us who have to haul kids around all day never have enough time to haul or go off road like we would really want.

But this truck is a 20 year investment for me and over those 20 years I won't have to worry about what my truck can't do when I do find time to go do it.

Cancel it and watch from the side lines if you love observing instead of using. Save yourself the $.
To be fair I do need a truck. Mines already gone because I traded it in. This isn’t much of a question of if, more like what.

Hey guys!

Some of you (@Iron Man @Sludgemonkey44 ) know by now my order appears to be a bit messed up. I originally had an order for a 2020 F250 Platinum Tremor in July, until a few days back stated that it was “in transit”. Now sticker & everything disappeared from any of the order tracking websites. Now I don’t know if that’s all just random coincidence and the trucks about to show up, or something more concerning as other members have experienced.
BUT what all of this did to me is ask myself some really tough questions around my order. First of all, the truck will be a 2020 model received in November 2020, when most folks are already awaiting their 2021 and some have received them already. Secondly, it’s an F250, and while from a usage point of view I really don’t need an F350, it appears that not getting it is just plain coincidence at this point. Thirdly, I started REALLY liking those King Ranch models.
I have a couple options here now, so I’m asking you guys for your opinion, considering I could gain both the patience for something different but could also gain the acceptance of what I have ordered already. In full transparency and hoping you won’t all hate on me, I’m also revealing that off-roading & overlanding is only a future aspiration of mine and my tremor will spend most of its time being a daily driver, hardly towing anything in its first 2-3 years. So, I’m the kind of guy all-in on image & intended ability of these things versus actual usage (@Uncas will send a kill commando my way now). I will say though: I just love trucks. What a beautiful, marvelous piece of American automotive history & engineering.
What should I do?
Hey Patrick, I personally canceled a 2020 order in July and left my deposit to orders a 2021 on 8/24. I would want a 2021 of your dreams. So yeah after re thinking everything don’t settle. If you are having second thoughts on a Tremor don’t pull the hammer yet. It’s a lot of freakin money. I personally am stoked to get a Tremor as an everyday driver. I have a beautiful Jaguar F Pace SVR and will drive my Tremor more. So different strokes for different folks. I do believe GOD is giving you a second chance to re think things. Still converse and get knowledge about these great guys experiences if you choose to go a different route. Best of luck with your decisions. Pray to GOD for clarity
?✌️????????????

To be fair I do need a truck. Mines already gone because I traded it in. This isn’t much of a question of if, more like what.
You don't have the patience to wait?

Hey guys!

What should I do?
Also rethink the F-350 question. It’s the same truck just with a better towing sticker on it. And as others explained on other threads much better resale value. It’s 1,000$ more but in the long run well worth it. I also ordered a F250 8/24 until changing it on 9/12 to a F-350 after the great information given by these wise old dudes. ??✌️

You don't have the patience to wait?
No, I do. Patience to wait 2 weeks or 3months is no issue. I’m unsure if I should settle for the chance of a 2020 F250 within a few weeks versus placing an order for a 2021 F350 and wait another couple months. I think resale value would be better on the 2021 and it’s already almost November now!!! Isn’t that crazy to take deliver of a 2020 in November if a 2021 and better resale value is just a few months around the corner?

No, I do. Patience to wait 2 weeks or 3months is no issue. I’m unsure if I should settle for the chance of a 2020 F250 within a few weeks versus placing an order for a 2021 F350 and wait another couple months. I think resale value would be better on the 2021 and it’s already almost November now!!! Isn’t that crazy to take deliver of a 2020 in November if a 2021 and better resale value is just a few months around the corner?
I guess if you're planning to trade it in or selling soon then resale is something to consider, but then you didn't think of this beforehand? I bought mine to keep for at least 10 years. Perhaps the current situation has made it to where you have to consider cancelling at this point?

I guess if you're planning to trade it in or selling soon then resale is something to consider, but then you didn't think of this beforehand? I bought mine to keep for at least 10 years. Perhaps the current situation has made it to where you have to consider cancelling at this point?
I’ll bite. Are you suggesting I should reconsider getting a truck altogether? Or a super duty?

I’ll bite. Are you suggesting I should reconsider getting a truck altogether? Or a super duty?
I just have a questioning attitude. From your posts I'd presumed that you too are a questioning attitude kind of person and figured you would've thought of those things before placing an order. I still don't know or fully understand your intent concerning the Tremor. If you NEED a truck and don't need a Tremor, that's easy. If you WANT a Tremor then you are on your way to getting it, just wait. Not sure about you but once I've made my choice I don't really like to change it, doesn't usually end up well for me, but perhaps that's my pessimist attitude talking...

What would you like us to tell you to do?

I should have clarified, I’m giving full transparency into why I chose a tremor just for understanding purposes, but I’m not debating that choice at all (or will). I’m debating if it’s smart to get a 2020 F250 in November versus wait for a 2021 F350. Because it appears to me that (keeping it or not) resale value on F350 vs 250 will always be better.

I always knew I wanted the tremor since it’s launch. That’s why I was willing to trade my raptor (at a great price). But, the exact window sticker wasn’t mine to begin with. The dealer had ordered that one and it checked most of the boxes. But now, there’s a question around 250 vs 350 and 2020 vs 2021, because, well, it is November and the only difference between the two seems to be resale value.

I'm not voting. You gotta do what's right for you, man. No one here knows enough about you or your situation to tell you what is right for you. Man up and do whatever it is you need to do. Your truck will come. But if you need a 350, change it. Your call.

But as long as that's Tremor related, there's no need for all the "shut up" talk. Tell us all about your truck, your decision, and whatever.

Pat, ultimately it is your choice, but here are some things to consider:
  • you'll 'lose your place in line', having already traded-in your truck
  • the lion's share of all Tremors sold will never be regularly used for hardcore off-roading (ie: many, many air haulers & pavement princesses)
  • forums can sometimes be 'dangerous' in that they can often 'activate' a person's human nature to compare their stuff to someone else's
  • 'tracking' a truck's production & delivery is also often 'dangerous', as it is nothing like tracking an Amazon box; but again, human nature kicks-in and we desire a blow-by-blow from start to finish. Overall, I contend 'tracking' a truck does, at least, as much harm as good. For some, tracking can be a good tool. Other times, something gets messed-up and leaves the customer wringing their hands . Sometimes there could be legit. reasons that tracking stalled, and other times (the majority of the time, I'd bet) it's nothing but a computer glitch--and either way, there's little-to-nothing we as consumers can do (except track it even more! ? )
Again, it's ultimately your choice, but my opinion is to wait.
You're so close to the finish line!
You will soon have a beautiful new Super Duty Tremor! Hang in there!

Last edited:
From what I understand the 250 Tremor 350 Tremor are essentially the same and it only matters if your state has weight tax restrictions or whatever you call it. Not really a reason to get a 350 unless you just want the bigger number and the pride that comes with it.

Just wait, don't be irate.:sneaky:

I think Mach'er has the best advise

Go with that!

Just an observation between a 250 and a 350 but the 250 sits about 1/2” higher. Measured between mine and my friends tremors.

I'm not voting. You gotta do what's right for you, man. No one here knows enough about you or your situation to tell you what is right for you. Man up and do whatever it is you need to do. Your truck will come. But if you need a 350, change it. Your call.

But as long as that's Tremor related, there's no need for all the "shut up" talk. Tell us all about your truck, your decision, and whatever.
Good advice.

Pat, ultimately it is your choice, but here are some things to consider:
  • you'll 'lose your place in line', having already traded-in your truck
  • the lion's share of all Tremors sold will never be regularly used for hardcore off-roading (ie: many, many air haulers & pavement princesses)
  • forums can sometimes be 'dangerous' in that they can often 'activate' a person's human nature to compare their stuff to someone else's
  • 'tracking' a truck's production & delivery is also often 'dangerous', as it is nothing like tracking an Amazon box; but again, human nature kicks-in and we desire a blow-by-blow from start to finish. Overall, I contend 'tracking' a truck does, at least, as much harm as good. For some, tracking can be a good tool. Other times, something gets messed-up and leaves the customer wringing their hands . Sometimes there could be legit. reasons that tracking stalled, and other times (the majority of the time, I'd bet) it's nothing but a computer glitch--and either way, there's little-to-nothing we as consumers can do (except track it even more! ? )
Again, it's ultimately your choice, but my opinion is to wait.
You're so close to the finish line!
You will soon have a beautiful new Super Duty Tremor! Hang in there!
You’re right too.

Back