Classifieds Section - Warning/Rules/Disclaimer

Here is the wheel I bought... Different pics:

@Alpoba you are probably right though, just lifted the info from the classifieds - that's a great thought.

These are good suggestions but wouldn't be effective in the case of a hacked account... They actually may create a false sense of security.

I found it odd that the hacker chose the items they did. Steering wheel, running boards. Maybe the cover makes sense. Seems like they were "in the know" about typical Tremor or SD items that people sell...
I do not disagree, the scammer ticked all of the boxes that I mentioned. There is no perfect system to prevent scams, especially selling a small number of items. As always, a local face to face sale is ideal, but even that is not foolproof. The best advice I can give is due your due diligence and go with your gut.

The best advice I can give is due your due diligence and go with your gut.
I was thinking hard about that cover... I forgot one classic piece of advice from my dad: "If a deal is too good to be true it probably is..."

I assume no one on this site would have a problem instituting a policy of if you are listing anything for sale then it is a requirement for the seller to include their phone number. Get away from the PM coming actions which leads to too much secrecy. If you don’t want to sell and have someone call you then don’t post items for sale. Thoughts??? Only trying to think of ways to bring things out in the open. $500 later💩

I assume no one on this site would have a problem instituting a policy of if you are listing anything for sale then it is a requirement for the seller to include their phone number. Get away from the PM coming actions which leads to too much secrecy. If you don’t want to sell and have someone call you then don’t post items for sale. Thoughts??? Only trying to think of ways to bring things out in the open. $500 later💩
The problem with this is people having to post their phone number in an easily visible way on the internet. Not everyone wants to do that, understandably (myself included).

Though I would advise anyone purchasing anything to get a phone number via PM and interact with the seller at minimum via text, if not a phone call, before sending any money.

The "problem" with that is you can get a google phone number for free is every area code there is and have the caller ID show up as the pope. Yes, it really is that simple. A phone number is no guarantee of anything.

Sorry, that you got burned for $500 man

I was thinking hard about that cover... I forgot one classic piece of advice from my dad: "If a deal is too good to be true it probably is..."
Looking back, I missed some Red Flags, the excitement of getting a great deal clouded my judgement.
Below is my conversation...
Me:
LMK if others fall through. Sounds like you have several interested party's

Scammer:
still available.

Me:
How would you rate the condition? I am in CA, will that be an issue with shipping? A bit worried that it will be trashed in transit. You can call me if its easier. Gave him my phone number.

Scammer:
I am not available. Red Flag #1
I will ship with insured shipping. There will not be a problem. Red Flag #2 (no way this ships for $100 with insurance of a $2k item)
Total $600 shipping including insured shipping.

Me:
How would you like payment? Condition is good?

Scammer
In perfect condition...
I accept Zelle. Red Flag #3 (I knew that I could not dispute this as money comes out of my account instantly, this DID cause some hesitation)

Anybody interested in a stock fuel tank? I upgraded to the 60 gallon. The stock one was only filled up once.
I recommend posting a dedicated thread about it in the classified sub-forum, which you can find here:

Can someone please point me to where this rule is written? Surprised that actually going through Classifieds rules, it isn't there. @modified @ccw @Modman

And I didn't say anything offensive, just gave Bronco a tip. A bit much on moderation maybe?

Attachments

• 6A7DF936-9281-4495-850B-B5DAD2823A1D.jpeg
    6A7DF936-9281-4495-850B-B5DAD2823A1D.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 45
Can someone please point me to where this rule is written? Surprised that actually going through Classifieds rules, it isn't there. @modified @ccw @Modman

And I didn't say anything offensive, just gave Bronco a tip. A bit much on moderation maybe?

From the first post in this thread, here's the full rule:

Hijacking: Don't post in a thread if your post isn't related to the sale. If you have an item of your own to sell, start your own thread. Also, the marketplace is not a debate room. If you have an issue with the sale such as an unreasonable price, PM the seller.

The latter part is what I quoted. Moderation doesn't necessarily mean you were offensive (I don't believe you were at all in this case), just that it didn't fit the rules in this particular section. :) As the rule states, you're welcome to PM the seller if you have tips, suggestions or thoughts about the price, we just don't want sale threads getting clogged with a price debate.

From the first post in this thread, here's the full rule:

The latter part is what I quoted. Moderation doesn't necessarily mean you were offensive (I don't believe you were at all in this case), just that it didn't fit the rules in this particular section. :) As the rule states, you're welcome to PM the seller if you have tips, suggestions or thoughts about the price, we just don't want sale threads getting clogged with a price debate.
Oh, i see it now. Thanks. i saw Hijacking and must have skipped right over it.

Fair enough, i’ll pester Bronco in pMs only going forward:)

Oh, i see it now. Thanks. i saw Hijacking and must have skipped right over it.

Fair enough, i’ll pester Bronco in pMs only going forward:)
Glad I could clarify things! :)

be nice if people do not ask "what does this do" or other wondering questions on "For Sale" threads :D lol

I wanted to bring attention to another scam incident that occurred this week on our forum, serving as a reminder for everyone to exercise caution when buying and selling items.

In this instance, a new member offered an item for sale through private messaging. Unfortunately, after the payment was sent via Zelle, all communication with the member ceased.

Our Mod team carefully reviews each new classifieds thread, using our best judgment before approving it. However, we are unable to help if sales are conducted through private messaging. Please be cautious and mindful during these transactions.

Fordtremor.com offers no protection or formal mediation, we strongly recommend that members not choose payment forms such as Zelle, Venmo, CashApp, PayPal "gift", "Friends", "Family" payments or cash payments. These methods do not permit formal recourse via the payment system in case of disputes.

Can we make it so new members can’t sell anything? Minimum 50 posts too..

Right now the Facebook is absolutely crazy with scams on all Superduty pages. It’s only natural these scammers would eventually find a way to make it onto this forum.

I agree that someone joining the forum only to sell is not fair to existing members and more importantly not very safe. Let folks accumulate forum time before they can do sale posts. Have members write a date, forum name, their name, etc next to the item for sale. Pictures should be absolutely mandatory. I’ve seen a few guys lately post items for sale without photos, that should never be allowed, even of they are selling for local pickup supposedly.

Back