Classifieds Section - Warning/Rules/Disclaimer

I wanted to bring attention to another scam incident that occurred this week on our forum, serving as a reminder for everyone to exercise caution when buying and selling items.

In this instance, a new member offered an item for sale through private messaging. Unfortunately, after the payment was sent via Zelle, all communication with the member ceased.

Our Mod team carefully reviews each new classifieds thread, using our best judgment before approving it. However, we are unable to help if sales are conducted through private messaging. Please be cautious and mindful during these transactions.

Fordtremor.com offers no protection or formal mediation, we strongly recommend that members not choose payment forms such as Zelle, Venmo, CashApp, PayPal "gift", "Friends", "Family" payments or cash payments. These methods do not permit formal recourse via the payment system in case of disputes.
Can you tell us which item/post it was? Having a real life example of a scam post could possibly help others spot scams in the future. Things such as verbiage, photos, etc could throw up red flags

Also, I recommend for users to reverse Google search images from posts on here. That can usually lead users to other postings, such as Facebook, where the user can then message that person asking if they're posting on this forum and "vet" their FB page to ensure they're legitimate.

I wanted to bring attention to another scam incident that occurred this week on our forum, serving as a reminder for everyone to exercise caution when buying and selling items.

In this instance, a new member offered an item for sale through private messaging. Unfortunately, after the payment was sent via Zelle, all communication with the member ceased.

Our Mod team carefully reviews each new classifieds thread, using our best judgment before approving it. However, we are unable to help if sales are conducted through private messaging. Please be cautious and mindful during these transactions.

Fordtremor.com offers no protection or formal mediation, we strongly recommend that members not choose payment forms such as Zelle, Venmo, CashApp, PayPal "gift", "Friends", "Family" payments or cash payments. These methods do not permit formal recourse via the payment system in case of disputes.
What are the recommended payments options? I’ve never listed/sold items on here before. Currently trying to sell my OEM wheels

Copy thanks
I have personally sold several items on the forum and received payment on Zelle. Granted I'm on the money receiving end. But at some point I also talk to the buyer on the phone. I take item to post office, take picture of box with shipping label, then buyer makes Zelle transfer. Me being the seller is at the least risk, but Zelle is a useful tool. Cash in person is not always possible due to distance. You have to use your judgment, and there is risk involved.

I concur. A scammer can easily fabricate 5 posts to make a few bucks.
Maybe sellers on the forum should also be members. This way the mods know who they are and can provide contact info to LEOs in the event of a concern around fraud/scam. A paying member of the forum is also less likely to be someone who would scam the community.

Maybe sellers on the forum should also be members. This way the mods know who they are and can provide contact info to LEOs in the event of a concern around fraud/scam. A paying member of the forum is also less likely to be someone who would scam the community.
I second this, sellers should be members, small price to pay for a targeted, captive audience to sell your take offs etc.

Remember in 2021 I was scammed not by a paying member but by someone that (they say) hacked his member account and posted items for sale and sadly took several of us for $$$. Yes, due you due diligence and if something seems too good or not right-walk away.

Back