Chrome tailgate handle trim on Sport Package

Did you just mask and spray? Going to do the same once I get my truck.

Thanks
Yep. Gave it a few coats... I think 4 total with 30 minutes dry time in between.

First few coats heavy and then lighter and lighter each time.

PXL_20200913_030202553.jpg

How durable is plasti dip? If your going to be touching it regularly.

At first I thought you guys were all nuts.......but now I think your right. I probably will also do this. I also had a thought.....it is really does not look like a trim piece....to me it looks more like a reflector for the rear facing Light or the camera.

At first I thought you guys were all nuts.......but now I think your right. I probably will also do this. I also had a thought.....it is really does not look like a trim piece....to me it looks more like a reflector for the rear facing Light or the camera.
I don't believe it has any functional benefit being chrome. Not that I can imagine or notice especially after blacking out.

Just did the plasti dip! It took 5 minutes including tape time. Will let you know how it holds up. I had some extra in a spray can from a project two years ago. Can't believe it was still good.
It looked like crap for the first few minutes but once it dried and cured it actually looks good. Only money spent was the masking tape. I should have tossed the can out two years ago.

Are you guys using just the regular black plasti dip spray?

View attachment 5294
That is exactly the can I used. Was first used almost 2 years ago. kept on the bench and there was just a touch in the can. I guess I kept it in case I needed to touch up my winter wheels on the Audi, since I finally figured out how to drive and not curb rash them, I have not had to touch them up. So went to bigger and better things.

It does look like garbage when its wet, but after a hour so so it looks very professional almost like it came that way from Ford.

Back