Chrome tailgate handle trim on Sport Package

plethoragreen

Tremor Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 7.3 Lariat Ultimate Tremor
Has anyone taken the tailgate apart to get this chrome trim piece out for painting or vinyl wrapping?

PXL_20200911_001426430.jpg

It's annoying that they left that piece chrome on the sport package. I was gonna start taking nuts off to see if I could get behind to unclip it, but figured I should try to find a parts diagram or see if someone clever has a better idea.

I know it's relatively inconspicuous, but knowing it's there bugs me. Probably gonna swap out the chrome lug nuts at some point too, but this part is first on the hit list.

Thanks,,, just looking at mine and now I don't like it. I may mask it off and put some plastic-dip on it. Did my chrome winter wheels on my Audi two years ago and the still look good.

Thats what i did,, little bit of tape around it ,, hit it with plasti dip... turned out good for me
Pics? I originally wanted to remove it to paint/plasti dip it because of the beveled edges. I wasn't sure It would cover right without being able to spray all the way around it. I'd like to see how your's looks if have pictures laying around. Thanks!

Heres a few i have currently. Ill have to snap of few of it closer up when i get a chance.

I left a bit of space when i taped, so it would allow the paint to fill the edges in.
That looks awesome and exactly as I envisioned it. Thank you!

Grabbing me some Plasti Dip today!

That looks awesome and exactly as I envisioned it. Thank you!

Grabbing me some Plasti Dip today!
I may also.

don't forget to put the can in warm water for a few minutes before shooting the spray.

warm water??:unsure:
The directions on my can of plastic-dip said to have cans float in warm water ( not hot) for a few minutes before applying the paint.
There are you-tube videos too. But it's a small area may not matter. I did this and my winter wheels are going on 3 winter seasons and look perfect still.

hmm thats interesting, good to know now that ive done pretty much all my parts already..:rolleyes:
you be fine..... trust me.............
I normally never read the directions

Back