Check your stabilizers.

-J-

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Raptor
Oem suspension truck. Has had bad wandering steering since mile 1, so bad Im wanting to ditch these tires for some quality 37’s. Anyways got under the truck to see if there was something loose and found a leaking steering stabilizer. Will warranty it, but stuff happens. Sadly prob plan 37’s sooner than later even if these oem tires break in.
image.jpg

I'm going to replace the junk stock one with a carli or fox ats unit

I'm going to replace the junk stock one with a carli or fox ats unit
I agree I like the Fox Products and solid front axle vehicles can give you a "death wobble". I like my chances better with a dual set up.

Beautiful rigs! love the Blue twins. is the Raptor Velocity Blue?
my 2012 Raptor is "Flame Blue" close but not the same.
The 2019 was velocity, just dirty lol. Im a big fan of fords blues, they look great.

I agree I like the Fox Products and solid front axle vehicles can give you a "death wobble". I like my chances better with a dual set up.
Dual stabilizers are nothing but being. A quality stabilizer will work better than duals. Stabilizers don't fix death wobble, the only mask it. If you have death wobble, something is loose or worn out

Oem suspension truck. Has had bad wandering steering since mile 1, so bad Im wanting to ditch these tires for some quality 37’s. Anyways got under the truck to see if there was something loose and found a leaking steering stabilizer. Will warranty it, but stuff happens. Sadly prob plan 37’s sooner than later even if these oem tires break in.
View attachment 7112
It was the tires on mine did same thing after they broke in nice and strait think it was about 1k miles

It was the tires on mine did same thing after they broke in nice and strait think it was about 1k miles
Like others have said, just the Goodyears breaking in. I have little over 3,000 miles now and the truck track perfects on highway. Still little sensitive if the road has a big crown or rutted, however that's just the norm with these solid axle trucks.

Like others have said, just the Goodyears breaking in. I have little over 3,000 miles now and the truck track perfects on highway. Still little sensitive if the road has a big crown or rutted, however that's just the norm with these solid axle trucks.
This isnt my first solid axle truck, I wouldn't say this is the “norm”. I am only at about 300 miles, so still early.

This isnt my first solid axle truck, I wouldn't say this is the “norm”. I am only at about 300 miles, so still early.
Thing is, there aren’t many other options in the 285/75/18 or 35/12.5/18 category that are not 75% geared towards offroad. Those duratracs are a comfort/noise nightmare. Even the BFG KO2s are less noisy. I’d love to see an AT tire in that size that’s more road/comfort focussed than offroad focussed. Just a preference of where to strike the line.

Dual stabilizers are nothing but being. A quality stabilizer will work better than duals. Stabilizers don't fix death wobble, the only mask it. If you have death wobble, something is loose or worn out
probably.....

My Rubicon is all tight and once and while I hit a pot hole just right and its crazy
would hate to have that on a Tremor with a loaded trailer.
future upgrades for me is the FOX upgrade.

I installed the Fox ATS on mine right away, it's a great steering damper.
I might just go this route
Thing is, there aren’t many other options in the 285/75/18 or 35/12.5/18 category that are not 75% geared towards offroad. Those duratracs are a comfort/noise nightmare. Even the BFG KO2s are less noisy. I’d love to see an AT tire in that size that’s more road/comfort focussed than offroad focussed. Just a preference of where to strike the line.
I plan on nitto g2 terra grappler in 37/12.5r18

That's all I ran on my Jeeps is Terra grapplers.
Good road manners, low noise and impressive offroad.
They run slightly smaller than other tires.
20201020_085343.jpg

I might just go this route

I plan on nitto g2 terra grappler in 37/12.5r18
Terra Grapplers? Really guys? Why did you buy a Tremor then? I am not a big fan of the Duracraps but they do improve at about 1000 miles and need to be aired down to under 60 psi. I have 12k on mine and they will do until spring. I love Nitto’s but at least go with Ridge Grapplers. Me personally, I have run 6 sets of Trail Grapplers on both Raptors and an old Super Duty going back to 09. The original Terra Graplplers were good for my wife’s 4 Runner when we lived in NC. She’s now waiting to trade her Jeep in for a Warthog.

Terra Grapplers? Really guys? Why did you buy a Tremor then? I am not a big fan of the Duracraps but they do improve at about 1000 miles and need to be aired down to under 60 psi. I have 12k on mine and they will do until spring. I love Nitto’s but at least go with Ridge Grapplers. Me personally, I have run 6 sets of Trail Grapplers on both Raptors and an old Super Duty going back to 09. The original Terra Graplplers were good for my wife’s 4 Runner when we lived in NC. She’s now waiting to trade her Jeep in for a Warthog.
Really indeed. Not everyone lives where they need boggers for daily driving. I tow my sxs off road and thats as far off roading as my tremor will do. 98% of my driving is suburban driving. One day I may be fortunate enough to live in the rural wilderness, but i doubt ill buy a 80k truck to beat up.

Really indeed. Not everyone lives where they need boggers for daily driving. I tow my sxs off road and thats as far off roading as my tremor will do. 98% of my driving is suburban driving. One day I may be fortunate enough to live in the rural wilderness, but i doubt ill buy a 80k truck to beat up.
Then why buy a Tremor or a Raptor for that matter. I have never understood the reason guys buy an offroad vehicle when the only offroad it will ever see is jumping a curb at the mall. I will continue to hammer the crap out of whatever Ford puts out they claim is offroad. I had guys last summer say they were shocked to see a Raptor on Tin Cup but if you’re not going to take it offroad then just buy a 2wd Platinum and stop jacking up the price for the rest if us.

Last edited:
Also Ridge Grapplers are really a long way from “boggers” These are “boggers”

Back