Check your stabilizers.

Then why buy a Tremor or a Raptor for that matter. I have never understood the reason guys buy an offroad vehicle when the only offroad it will ever see is jumping a curb at the mall. I will continue to hammer the crap out if whatever Ford puts out. I had guys last summer say they were shocked to see a Raptor on Tin Cup but if you’re not going to take it offroad then just but a 2wd Platinum and stop jacking up the price for the rest if us.
I never understood the reason some people care so much about what other people do with their money. I guarantee me checking that box for the tremor package didnt jack up the price of your truck.

But Ill attempt to consult you on my next purchase since it seems to affect you so much. Also , I hope this picture doesn’t increase your blood pressure further.

67022FA1-E111-4480-A3F8-02B2804A2F3D.jpeg
29618BE1-3B64-4316-ADFC-54C170E714E4.jpeg

I never understood the reason some people care so much about what other people do with their money. I guarantee me checking that box for the tremor package didnt jack up the price of your truck.

But Ill attempt to consult you on my next purchase since it seems to affect you so much. Also , I hope this picture doesn’t increase your blood pressure further.

View attachment 7288View attachment 7289.
Good for you dude, welcome to the club. There’s a bunch of us here.
I had to dump the 18 Raptor because Ford left it’s Baja roots and it just was not the capable truck my 12 Raptor was. If Ford goes back to building a real Raptor I will pick up a GEN 3. I hope the Warthog is close to the hype they are pushing.

The upside is you will always get a great resale on your vehicles as they are pristine

Last edited:

View attachment 7288View attachment 7289

The nerve of you spending your money they way you want!;)

Good for you dude, welcome to the club. There’s a bunch of us here.
I had to dump the 18 Raptor because Ford left it’s Baja roots and it just was not the capable truck my 12 Raptor was. If Ford goes back to building a real Raptor I will pick up a GEN 3. I hope the Warthog is close to the hype they are pushing.

The upside is you will always get a great resale on your vehicles as they are pristine
Tell that to the numerous offroad titles the Gen2 has won. It is in every way more capable out of the factory than the Gen1. Of course, you “real” guys add a bunch of aftermarket stuff to really get it to where it needs to be. But a blanket statement like yours is only fueled by desires, not by facts.

Do you really think Ford built those Raptors and Tremors for the offroad crowd? They built them for profit, and that profit comes from the 90% of Raptor/Tremor owners whose trucks spent most of their time on the road AND the remaining population that buy F150/F250s because of the image of the “offroad guys”. I’d look at it as a beneficial cycle for both parties: You get the commitment Ford will built capable trucks, and the rest gets the commitment they drive something that is trusted by you.

Tell that to the numerous offroad titles the Gen2 has won. It is in every way more capable out of the factory than the Gen1. Of course, you “real” guys add a bunch of aftermarket stuff to really get it to where it needs to be. But a blanket statement like yours is only fueled by desires, not by facts.

Do you really think Ford built those Raptors and Tremors for the offroad crowd? They built them for profit, and that profit comes from the 90% of Raptor/Tremor owners whose trucks spent most of their time on the road AND the remaining population that buy F150/F250s because of the image of the “offroad guys”. I’d look at it as a beneficial cycle for both parties: You get the commitment Ford will built capable trucks, and the rest gets the commitment they drive something that is trusted by you.
Please list those numerous off-road titles a stock GEN2 has won. It finished the Baja 1000 with a whopping 52 seconds to go before they closed up shop. The GEN1 however not only finished the Baja but was on the podium. Third in the Class 8.

My experience owning and off-roading both was the GEN1 was bulletproof (200k miles). While the GEN2 was ahead in horsepower and suspension, it was not as dependable. Both were stock with the exception of lights. That’s the facts, I have service tickets to back up my statements.

Us “real guys” have driven the White Rim Trail, Tin Cup Pass and Dugway. Now, we haul our truck camper up to Yankee Boy Basin and Green River Lakes.

I love the Raptor concept and will wade back into that pool eventually. Sorry to piss off the purists, but I buy vehicles for their intended use. My 1 tons haul heavy sh*t, my Raptors haul a*s. My wife’s Jeep just crawls. We shall see if a Warthog can fly.

Please list those numerous off-road titles a stock GEN2 has won. It finished the Baja 1000 with a whopping 52 seconds to go before they closed up shop. The GEN1 however not only finished the Baja but was on the podium. Third in the Class 8.

My experience owning and off-roading both was the GEN1 was bulletproof (200k miles). While the GEN2 was ahead in horsepower and suspension, it was not as dependable. Both were stock with the exception of lights. That’s the facts, I have service tickets to back up my statements.

Us “real guys” have driven the White Rim Trail, Tin Cup Pass and Dugway. Now, we haul our truck camper up to Yankee Boy Basin and Green River Lakes.

I love the Raptor concept and will wade back into that pool eventually. Sorry to piss off the purists, but I buy vehicles for their intended use. My 1 tons haul heavy sh*t, my Raptors haul a*s. My wife’s Jeep just crawls. We shall see if a Warthog can fly.
Look - I am not disagreeing with you. I am just saying, "on paper" the Gen2 is better than Gen1 in every way (factory-spec). If that translates to dependability will be seen, there still isn't many 100K mile Gen2s out there. Saying it is or it isn't can't be proven at this point (I don't see how your Gen1 service tickets would prove anything about Gen2). Below are a few links of Gen2 racing results, since you said it didn't make podium in Baja:

As one of the "real guys", good for you you're doing all this hauling and driving. And even better for you you're using those trucks for what they're built for. All I am saying is that is part of the reason why these things sell so well to all those people NOT doing those things.

Last edited:
Look - I am not disagreeing with you. I am just saying, "on paper" the Gen2 is better than Gen1 in every way (factory-spec). If that translates to dependability will be seen, there still isn't many 100K mile Gen2s out there. Saying it is or it isn't can't be proven at this point (I don't see how your Gen1 service tickets would prove anything about Gen2). Below are a few links of Gen2 racing results, since you said it didn't make podium in Baja:

As one of the "real guys", good for you you're doing all this hauling and driving. And even better for you you're using those trucks for what they're built for. All I am saying is that is part of the reason why these things sell so well to all those people NOT doing those things.
I understand where you are coming from but I must clarify a few things. I had no service tickets for my GEN1 but my GEN2 required two cam phaser rebuilds and a transmission replacement along with a IWE failure 400 miles from home with lees than 50k miles when I traded it for my Tremor. As far as dependability, we are now done with 4 model years and I think I can speak for most GEN2 owners in saying there is definitely a dependability issue with the GEN2. For me off-roading is more than just going fast in the dirt and climbing rocks, it is also about getting home safely. Whether you're on the Rubicon Trail CA, Hell's Backbone UT, Dolly Sods WV or Portsmouth Island NC, a breakdown can be life threatening. I lost faith in my GEN2 so it had to go. As far as racing results, the Athena Raptor is pretty far from the production version and the 2017 Foutz barely finished Baja and took a couple podium spots in a class of one. Not quite the same as the GEN1's 3rd place finish in Baja Class 8.

I really didn't mean to highjack this post, I just thought it was comical that guys were discussing Terra Grapplers on a Tremor. I understand trucks have now become the new status symbol, I am up and down the Front Range all the time and see tons of people that have these off-road capable vehicles that never venture into the mountains that are literally right there or the guys that are pulling a jet ski to the lake with a 1 ton. I guess I come from a different time when trucks were tools and if you wanted a trophy you bought a Mustang or a Vette.

Spend your money however you want, this is still America, for now...

Just waiting for someone to post photos of a slammed Tremor.
slammed dually.jpg

I understand where you are coming from but I must clarify a few things. I had no service tickets for my GEN1 but my GEN2 required two cam phaser rebuilds and a transmission replacement along with a IWE failure 400 miles from home with lees than 50k miles when I traded it for my Tremor. As far as dependability, we are now done with 4 model years and I think I can speak for most GEN2 owners in saying there is definitely a dependability issue with the GEN2. For me off-roading is more than just going fast in the dirt and climbing rocks, it is also about getting home safely. Whether you're on the Rubicon Trail CA, Hell's Backbone UT, Dolly Sods WV or Portsmouth Island NC, a breakdown can be life threatening. I lost faith in my GEN2 so it had to go. As far as racing results, the Athena Raptor is pretty far from the production version and the 2017 Foutz barely finished Baja and took a couple podium spots in a class of one. Not quite the same as the GEN1's 3rd place finish in Baja Class 8.

I really didn't mean to highjack this post, I just thought it was comical that guys were discussing Terra Grapplers on a Tremor. I understand trucks have now become the new status symbol, I am up and down the Front Range all the time and see tons of people that have these off-road capable vehicles that never venture into the mountains that are literally right there or the guys that are pulling a jet ski to the lake with a 1 ton. I guess I come from a different time when trucks were tools and if you wanted a trophy you bought a Mustang or a Vette.

Just waiting for someone to post photos of a slammed Tremor.View attachment 7320
Man I feel bad for you... I was really lucky with my Gen2 Raptor. No issues whatsoever, especially not the dreaded cam phasers and IWE issues. Some of those 3.5 HO EBs were real lemons. But the 6.2L V8 in the Gen1 wasn't immune to issues either. Anyway - sorry to hear you had that experience, glad you're still in a Ford Truck. FYI - I traded my Raptor for my upcoming Tremor, largely because I needed "less" offroad capability.

Just waiting for someone to post photos of a slammed Tremor.View attachment 7320
Oh and about the Terra Grapplers, I totally agree. I don't think those are needed. Even the Duratracs are nuts. I liked the BFG KO2s on the Raptor.

Man I feel bad for you... I was really lucky with my Gen2 Raptor. No issues whatsoever, especially not the dreaded cam phasers and IWE issues. Some of those 3.5 HO EBs were real lemons. But the 6.2L V8 in the Gen1 wasn't immune to issues either. Anyway - sorry to hear you had that experience, glad you're still in a Ford Truck. FYI - I traded my Raptor for my upcoming Tremor, largely because I needed "less" offroad capability.
You will love the Tremor, especially if you got the 7.3L. Get the 5star performance tune and you will think you’re back in the Ecoboost. It has a snappy throttle, unfortunately the ride is not as butter smooth.

You will love the Tremor, especially if you got the 7.3L. Get the 5star performance tune and you will think you’re back in the Ecoboost. It has a snappy throttle, unfortunately the ride is not as butter smooth.
You're gonna hate me for it (or even call me more of a purist) but I really thought the 3.5L EB had more than enough power. Never put a tune on that. I did a lot of lighting and suspension upgrades to my Raptor though... So with the 7.3L, I think I'm just gonna cruise along in style and enjoy the deep rumble the Raptor so deperately lacks (although my Borla ATAK exhaust on that one added some of that during cruising speed)...

You're gonna hate me for it (or even call me more of a purist) but I really thought the 3.5L EB had more than enough power. Never put a tune on that. I did a lot of lighting and suspension upgrades to my Raptor though... So with the 7.3L, I think I'm just gonna cruise along in style and enjoy the deep rumble the Raptor so deperately lacks (although my Borla ATAK exhaust on that one added some of that during cruising speed)...
I may be more of the purist, Never tuned the Ecoboost either but I did go with 5star on the 6.2L. I didn’t like the stock shift pattern and soft throttle on the stock 7.3L and it cleaned things up. I am sure a HO Ecoboost will out run the 7.3L on a quarter mile but I would give it a run for it’s money out of the hole and the first hundred yards. I need to do a Borla S type cat back exhaust for the 7.3, it sure sounded good on the 6.2.

I may be more of the purist, Never tuned the Ecoboost either but I did go with 5star on the 6.2L. I didn’t like the stock shift pattern and soft throttle on the stock 7.3L and it cleaned things up. I am sure a HO Ecoboost will out run the 7.3L on a quarter mile but I would give it a run for it’s money out of the hole and the first hundred yards. I need to do a Borla S type cat back exhaust for the 7.3, it sure sounded good on the 6.2.
Frankly, I am just super worried about warranty. I mean this truck & engine is supposed to go for a very long time. Tuning it right off the bat makes me worried that whatever happens on this new piece of engineering, I won't be covered.

Same same! I wish I was in a position to own two.
Frankly, I am just super worried about warranty. I mean this truck & engine is supposed to go for a very long time. Tuning it right off the bat makes me worried that whatever happens on this new piece of engineering, I won't be covered.
Thats one of the major considerations i had getting out of the raptor. Mine had a tick day one, my father in laws sounded great. I had no confidence in that engine. I wanted to tune it but couldnt risk the warranty.

I put deaver hd3+ leafs in my father in laws truck to tow his boat. I could of done the same but just got out of it while trade in value was so high.

Same same! I wish I was in a position to own two.

Thats one of the major considerations i had getting out of the raptor. Mine had a tick day one, my father in laws sounded great. I had no confidence in that engine. I wanted to tune it but couldnt risk the warranty.

I put deaver hd3+ leafs in my father in laws truck to tow his boat. I could of done the same but just got out of it while trade in value was so high.
My dealer helped me out on my Trade due to all the problems I had with it. It also helped that I bought the Tremor off the lot in early April after the guy who ordered it backed out due to Covid.

I wish I had kept my 2012 but they gave me $27k on trade with 200k miles when I bought the 2018.

On the 7.3L I did wait until I had 5k before I dropped in the tune. I think we’re safe with this engine, only thing I have heard is a few people had spark plug wire issues.

On the 7.3L I did wait until I had 5k before I dropped in the tune. I think we’re safe with this engine, only thing I have heard is a few people had spark plug wire issues.
I think your bullet proof, aside from a 50 cent plug wire.

Yeah but guys, unfortunately Ford doesn't approve warranty claims with us thinking we're safe. IF something happens, we may not be safe as much as we may be safe.
The glass is half full, Ford will back you up.
IMG_0462.jpeg

Back