Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
No
Current Ride
2023 Tremor
First Responder
No
Hello , change my wheels and got new sensors and tool . Have tried everything I know but can’t get them to work . Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello , change my wheels and got new sensors and tool . Have tried everything I know but can’t get them to work . Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
I just switched tires/wheels back to my winter treads which already have the TPMS sensors installed. I take it to Discount Tire after I make the switch. Takes the guy about five minutes and he does it in the parking lot while I wait no charge.

BTW sometimes after you program it doesn't update the system with the new reading for several miles of driving. I've had it take a day or two before the system updates.

Last edited:
Shop that installed my tires couldn't get them to learn either. I just used forscan to remove it all together until someone figures it out

Where did you get your sensors? There's a lot of knock off sensors out there, branded and packaged to look like legit Ford parts. I had 3 out of 4 fail that I got from Amazon. They turned out to be fakes and they would not program. Now when I need new sensors, I just buy the ones that Discount Tire sells, they install them for free and program them at the same time. It's like $24 per tire.

Where did you get your sensors? There's a lot of knock off sensors out there, branded and packaged to look like legit Ford parts. I had 3 out of 4 fail that I got from Amazon. They turned out to be fakes and they would not program. Now when I need new sensors, I just buy the ones that Discount Tire sells, they install them for free and program them at the same time. It's like $24 per tire.
Ordered mine from custom offsets with my wheels and tires. I selected for a 22 bc 23s didn't pull up yet. Think they are different frequency

First : The frequency they operate on isn't correct.
Second : They are fakes.
Third : Just bite the bullet for OEMs.

What have you tried? Where did your new sensors come from?

A dealer will be able to give you the correct part number for for oem sensors for your truck. The sensors can be located using 2 different numbers and I found the prices to vary depending on which you search.

Mine were ML3Z1A189D but also known as TPMS69. Rockauto has them for $49 each which is the cheapest I could find. You can also use the autel tool and their mx sensors to clone your originals.

Thank everybody for your responses , I bought the sensor and gage form American Truck with the wheels .

In reading the response I believe they are the wrong frequency as that makes the most sense .

I tried everything from the ford hit flasher 3 times to get a beep no success , drove for 20 min before and after . Point the sensor tool to the stem . Shop put a scanner on but they would not connect.

I will be returning to America Truck for a refund . They have been pretty good company to work with so hoping they give a credit for labor I will update tomorrow after I talked to them .

Again thanks to everyone help in solving the issue ! Happy Holidays

Last edited:
Just spoke with American Truck and the ones they sold me were for 2017 to 2022 at the 315 mhz so they are refunding the purchase price and authorizing a $30 per wheel store credit for the labor which I appreciate. American Truck is a stand up company and I thank everyone for your help ✌🏽

When you get the correct sensors you have to program them to the truck. The hazards 3 times thing is only for rotating the tires.

This procedure worked on my 23. I used motorcraft sensors but it also worked on autel mx sensors that I reprogrammed with my factory sensor codes.

Starting from the acc power on position. Turn off. Push brake pedal for 1 second and release. Push start button 5 times. Push brake pedal for 1 second and release. Push start button 6 times and horn should honk. The screen will say to train left front tire. You use the tpms19 tool or the autel tpms scanner to activate the sensor and the horn will honk. Go through the tires like the screen says.

Any idea if you can program a 22 sensor on a 23?
Thanks I was pretty sure this was the case as to why I just said screw it for now and used forscan to disable it. Appreciate the feedback

When you get the correct sensors you have to program them to the truck. The hazards 3 times thing is only for rotating the tires.

This procedure worked on my 23. I used motorcraft sensors but it also worked on autel mx sensors that I reprogrammed with my factory sensor codes.

Starting from the acc power on position. Turn off. Push brake pedal for 1 second and release. Push start button 5 times. Push brake pedal for 1 second and release. Push start button 6 times and horn should honk. The screen will say to train left front tire. You use the tpms19 tool or the autel tpms scanner to activate the sensor and the horn will honk. Go through the tires like the screen says.
Thank you for the info , will let you know how it works out

Back