Ceramic Coatings

To me, ceramic coatings are a no brainer. If you want to do it cheap, then take your vehicle to a detailer for a paint correction and afterwards apply a DIY ceramic like Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic or one of the other well reviewed. I think the retail detailer jobs are for the most part massively overpriced.

I bought two bottles of Nanoskin TOP KOTE T3 Pro Ultra Durable Ceramic Coating off Amazon, and paid a detailer to apply it.

I paid $140 for the two bottles and the detailer told me he would charge me $200. I gave him $300 because it looked so damn good when he was done and he came to my house to do it.

1QDiV1Z6uvEPwYQfxNG4D5qzoVbOJwJ2dEibKiEiJyWfQVhSyX4GIrpxuN5GrXHMohHxF0EU6RCSQ-EEL1UgEf3Gf2iM6TvldIWuszjTD9qW1Lc_tevXb-uScHawrClSibGIRA5_g2whLsN7rj80FzLjSSE2Ol5obvpIFvB5Ro9Hk2qOs15xDgdXh6JFxJ61p1NoKWsOySTdd0EgrF7XXG4hN8OuOXkBV-S0i9ZKYDWKbVDCTNQSCHCyADC3aPJ7cIukayyLWx8J0gWrk-YQcbPPYecTjBO1Rz9LL5Gu9EQbyV7PmHid0ql2RsEpzNZvqrgIG-cOlVbLyD_TnAFrHOEwRHm1XsjqJy4xnXTkhphNfxSLczxbFLb4_xZKw8veECeFuQyneLpB2wn8vE_CeiZzO_iVA0j7Rau3NWmnR-_yJHZSYlk1x0AHRGE70o0plcohUAMrirzXw7e9dfkuCLxvwwx-XaSL8fGWowIBDrIh4-p957ukTArRG3XbOL9l-6vw-brOsQiqV-ZO3BWA2GbmVSj3K1FwyV12jo_kRb7AERjM0lIZkN7XGqhUSROWYFrEtVWI7aLUugp19D6myPVzHwG98NNY76M_5tBw1CLKsfysYRPgP3RpzfOL4Q1wAYQa71Gz5L98_AwGWnaB1Duw_tJ1IgEcM5MsVdkKQg8FMWglZ8d27FMPb_auBQ=w927-h695-no

It won't protect against rock chips or off-roading scratches (you'll need PPF). The coating will help prevent fading and those swirl marks you get on paint (especially black paint) . I have an appointment for PPF (on the high impact areas, B pillars and full front end), paint correction and ceramic coating for the entire vehicle (have a 2021 Agate Lariat Sport) - paying 4000.00 for the whole project.

I think ceramic coatings provide light protection, but nothing I'd call "off road" level....

Now...someone trying to get 4 figures from you will probably make all sort of promises.
Thanks RC

Ceramic coatings are not much not help there. What does work somewhat is the thicker PPF (Paint Protection Film).
Thanks will look into that PPF

I paid $140 for the two bottles and the detailer told me he would charge me $200. I gave him $300 because it looked so damn good when he was done and he came to my house to do it.

1QDiV1Z6uvEPwYQfxNG4D5qzoVbOJwJ2dEibKiEiJyWfQVhSyX4GIrpxuN5GrXHMohHxF0EU6RCSQ-EEL1UgEf3Gf2iM6TvldIWuszjTD9qW1Lc_tevXb-uScHawrClSibGIRA5_g2whLsN7rj80FzLjSSE2Ol5obvpIFvB5Ro9Hk2qOs15xDgdXh6JFxJ61p1NoKWsOySTdd0EgrF7XXG4hN8OuOXkBV-S0i9ZKYDWKbVDCTNQSCHCyADC3aPJ7cIukayyLWx8J0gWrk-YQcbPPYecTjBO1Rz9LL5Gu9EQbyV7PmHid0ql2RsEpzNZvqrgIG-cOlVbLyD_TnAFrHOEwRHm1XsjqJy4xnXTkhphNfxSLczxbFLb4_xZKw8veECeFuQyneLpB2wn8vE_CeiZzO_iVA0j7Rau3NWmnR-_yJHZSYlk1x0AHRGE70o0plcohUAMrirzXw7e9dfkuCLxvwwx-XaSL8fGWowIBDrIh4-p957ukTArRG3XbOL9l-6vw-brOsQiqV-ZO3BWA2GbmVSj3K1FwyV12jo_kRb7AERjM0lIZkN7XGqhUSROWYFrEtVWI7aLUugp19D6myPVzHwG98NNY76M_5tBw1CLKsfysYRPgP3RpzfOL4Q1wAYQa71Gz5L98_AwGWnaB1Duw_tJ1IgEcM5MsVdkKQg8FMWglZ8d27FMPb_auBQ=w927-h695-no
That seems fair for the labor.

I like it for the ease of cleaning and bugs just slide off. Its very important to have it done correctly. If you or somebody messes it up it can be a nightmare.

I don't go into any car washes anymore. I wash at home ( garage is heated with floor drain) I dry it with my gas leaf blower. It looks like it was hand detailed after a wash. Takes me about 40 min start to finish.
I have all my cars trucks and bikes coated.

Its also easier to color correct a new vehicle.

It will provide some added protection but its not bullet proof. The self healing films are for that.

I saw a video on Utube snd they praised Armo Shield IX
I asked my friend who has a body shop. He said he knows people that use this shit all the time.
I ordered from Armor Shield itself so I wouldn’t get some bogus crap. It was 70$ a bottle BUT they had a sale 10 bottles for 315$. Plus before you check out they ask if I wanted another 3 bottles for 60$
I took the deal and will put it on my Jag, my truck, my Harleys, wife’s Rang Rover and her Mustang. The only thing is it’s supposed to be put on and then sit in the sun for hours to cure. Then not to get the vehicle wet for 3 days. I was told if you’re doing it in the winter it’s probably a waste if it snows within a couple of weeks after you put it on.
I’m only going by what was told to me. I’d probably pay someone to do it right.
That’s my .02$ cents.
EE41D327-04A0-4835-A327-B70D7F95390D.jpeg
421A736A-1426-49A4-B2FD-DF7095F449FA.jpeg
A445AAE8-29FC-46EA-8006-52FF011CFA1A.png

What ceramic coating product is your retailers using. I’m struggling with all the different brands...

Thanks in advance.
Ceramic Pro - cost for 5 year coating, wheels/barrels, all glass and PPF on pillars was $1200 on a black truck. He told me somewhere around 900 this time for same exact package. Truck is carbonized gray not black this time. That accounts for some of the difference in price this time.

Got a couple quotes on ceramic coating...~$1400 for 7 year warranty. One of the detailers does a “graphene” coating w a 5 year warranty for less money. Anyone had any experience w graphene??

Do it! Just paid $700 cash for my Tremor ceramic coat (5 year coverage) here in Castle Rock. The installer (shop owner) did it on the side and weekends. Looks fantastic a month later. My son took his brand new black Escape through a carwash - with resulting brush marks everywhere :(

I like it for the ease of cleaning and bugs just slide off. Its very important to have it done correctly. If you or somebody messes it up it can be a nightmare.

I don't go into any car washes anymore. I wash at home ( garage is heated with floor drain) I dry it with my gas leaf blower. It looks like it was hand detailed after a wash. Takes me about 40 min start to finish.
I have all my cars trucks and bikes coated.

Its also easier to color correct a new vehicle.

It will provide some added protection but its not bullet proof. The self healing films are for that.
I would like to echo what Papa Rapa Raptor says here. I know from experience that a bad job is a bad job and there is a reason they give such long warranties. Because it’s hard as hell. A ceramic coating without paint correction is locking in imperfections and most ceramic coating without PPF is good , but you’re still going to get the paint chips and scratches. I have had 4 vehicles done now with XPEL Paint Protection Film 10 year warranty against fading etc.and then Ceramic Pro Coating. The ceramic coating will help the PPF last and XPEL is self healing. So if something scratches it, the heat of the motor or sun will clean it up. I got my tremor in March and had it paint corrected, PPF put on the whole front clip and down the rockers then ceramic pro. After 14000 miles through snow, gravel dirt roads every day for 6 months and it looks freaking brand new when I clean it up. These products are products that need to be done by pros because the the coatings and PPF are only good if the job is done well especially the PPF. Mine came in at $3000 for tint, correction PPF and Coating. That’s actually a deal here in Scottsdale AZ. They wanted $9,000 on my 488 Spider. Little car 9k and a monster of a truck 3? Bastards. Anyhow, sorry for the rant. Good luck.

I just paid 4200.00 for paint correction, window tinting, ppf on high impact areas and ceramic coating... also having them do a full badge delete on the truck too. should have it back Friday - I'll post some pictures. First time I've done ceramic but I always do ppf and tinting on all my cars.

I just paid 4200.00 for paint correction, window tinting, ppf on high impact areas and ceramic coating... also having them do a full badge delete on the truck too. should have it back Friday - I'll post some pictures. First time I've done ceramic but I always do ppf and tinting on all my cars.
You will be thrilled with the products. Its a lot of money but they are doing a lot of work for you! should be a good investment for you.

I had my truck ceramic coated in aug right after buying, had the front hood PPE 1100$ Detailer give me a discount because it was new, 600 miles. Truck looks great! washes easily.
I used G-tecknic their is another post all about the stuff if you search on the site.

The cons; You have to stay out of car washes, It really sucks! I have opted for touchless wash during the freezing cold weather! trying to keep the NJ salt off.
My house has hard water, I didn't get the roof dry before the sun did. I now have permanent water stains on the roof

I have found the 1 bucket wash using Deluxecarcarellc.com to be just right
If I did it again I would opt for more PPE, concentrating on the upper part of the bed. These trucks scratch very easy!

Latest Discussions

Back