Ceramic Coatings

UTTremor

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Ford f-350 Tremor
Hi everyone. Just wanted to check with ya'll and get your opinion on ceramic coatings? Seeing how I always manage to buy black and my New 2021 Tremor is agate black I have been thinking about having a ceramic coating done by a detail shop. Any pros or cons to doing so?

Thanks all!, Stay safe, be well!

I bought two bottles of Nanoskin TOP KOTE T3 Pro Ultra Durable Ceramic Coating off Amazon, and paid a detailer to apply it. I love the look of the truck now, it always looks like it was just waxed. It says it will last for five years, if I get three or four out of it I will be happy.

If you are going to do it, get it done before you go get your truck dirty because it has to be spotless when you apply this stuff. Hence, why I hired the detailer.

It's expensive, but I had mine professionally done. So far I am very impress with it.

I would reccomend it. I had a detailer color correct/buff and then apply. Turned out beautiful. Color is deeper than when I picked itbup from the dealer. Feels smoother than any wax I've ever put on a vehicle. Supposed to last about 5 years with regular washing.

I would reccomend it. I had a detailer color correct/buff and then apply. Turned out beautiful. Color is deeper than when I picked itbup from the dealer. Feels smoother than any wax I've ever put on a vehicle. Supposed to last about 5 years with regular washing.
If you remember, how much was it?

I highly recommend it if you care about the paint. If you are the kind of person who notices the swirl marks on every dark colored vehicle in the parking lot on a sunny day, the ceramic coating may be for you. The only downside I ever saw was the hand washing. In order to keep the finish in the best shape you have to stay out of the carwashes. I had it done on my 17 which was black and I just traded it in and the dealer couldn't believe how good the paint looked. Not a swirl mark on the truck and I never did anything other than wash it. My 21, which is Carbonized Gray is set to get coated the week of December 14th. Here is a picture of the old truck after just a hand wash. This was somewhere between year 2 or 3 of the coating.

IMG_7291.JPG

My 2018 LTZ I used Ceramic Pro. My 2020 I did Feynlab 5 year. Pricey but hu far the best yet. So easy to keep clean and has self healing properties for minor scratches
20201106_130006.jpg

Attachments

• 20201106_130758.jpg
    20201106_130758.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 20201106_131326.jpg
    20201106_131326.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 136
It's expensive, but I had mine professionally done. So far I am very impress with it.
How much was it?
Fortunately I had a friend of a friend who is a professional detailer and cut me a deal. Did it for $500. Local detailers wanted about $1,200. I would've paid the $1,200 if I had to.
Thank you. I think I will be willing to pay that too.

I highly recommend it if you care about the paint. If you are the kind of person who notices the swirl marks on every dark colored vehicle in the parking lot on a sunny day, the ceramic coating may be for you. The only downside I ever saw was the hand washing. In order to keep the finish in the best shape you have to stay out of the carwashes. I had it done on my 17 which was black and I just traded it in and the dealer couldn't believe how good the paint looked. Not a swirl mark on the truck and I never did anything other than wash it. My 21, which is Carbonized Gray is set to get coated the week of December 14th. Here is a picture of the old truck after just a hand wash. This was somewhere between year 2 or 3 of the coating.

View attachment 10706
I was looking at the picture thinking “where is the truck, and what is that shiny thing on the side of the house?” .. ?

What ceramic coating product is your retailers using. I’m struggling with all the different brands...

Thanks in advance.

I paid $800.00, which included a paint correction.

Used this on my black raptor and just put on my Tremor. ~40.00 on Amazon.

Had the raptor 3 years and looked like a mirror the entire time.....could not tell the difference between my product and the products my friends spent over 1K on. If you know anyone personally that's in detailing they'll tell you the chemical in most cases is under 100.00.

Most of the real work is in correction - if you need a buff, etc. Doing it on a new truck is easy to do yourself - even if you need to do a clay bar prior.

51tor2qVWHL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Would this stuff protect against chipping and pinstriping from off road use?

I think ceramic coatings provide light protection, but nothing I'd call "off road" level....

Now...someone trying to get 4 figures from you will probably make all sort of promises.

Would this stuff protect against chipping and pinstriping from off road use?

Ceramic coatings are not much not help there. What does work somewhat is the thicker PPF (Paint Protection Film).

Big fan of Feynlab as well. Always have my vehicles coated with it.

Back