Ceramic coating Should I or should I not.

MrMallerd

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2019 F150
Have 22 ordered. Rapid Red, Sport Package with matching Bumper & Grill. My first inclination is to have PPF added to front bumper & Grill & have it Ceramic Coated. Historically, I have not been very good at keeping a vehicle clean. Fast forward & the put in an automatic car wash less than two blocks from my office. I subscribe to an unlimited package & run my F150 thru everyother day & my 2016 looks fine. From what I have read, the auto car wash, even brushless is a big NO NO with ceramic. With that said, I am leaning at having PPF applied to the front & skipping the Ceramic.

MB

Have 22 ordered. Rapid Red, Sport Package with matching Bumper & Grill. My first inclination is to have PPF added to front bumper & Grill & have it Ceramic Coated. Historically, I have not been very good at keeping a vehicle clean. Fast forward & the put in an automatic car wash less than two blocks from my office. I subscribe to an unlimited package & run my F150 thru everyother day & my 2016 looks fine. From what I have read, the auto car wash, even brushless is a big NO NO with ceramic. With that said, I am leaning at having PPF applied to the front & skipping the Ceramic.
From the research I have done automatic and hard wash car washed are a no no. A touchless wash is fine to knock the dirt off or hand wash only. I will be doing a mix of touchless and handwashing and plan on ceramic coating my truck.

I have done PFF and ceramic on vehicles- nothing is bulletproof- PFF will get nicked up with rocks/ road debris/birds-- if they sand roads in winter then sand will embed into film and over time will look kinda cloudy-
If you are inclined to do an aftermarket bumper, do that first thing and keep factory bumper mint for trade in time-
I would go PFF on B pillars, headlights (if led) ,partial front (or full clip) and door cups- I have rapid red and it will show scratches so 9H ceramic would be worth it imo-

Back