ceramic coat update

sroemmich

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
I posted a while back about putting Armor Shield IX ceramic on my truck. Well I spent this weekend in the desert dragging the truck through sage brush and dust. When we returned home the only thing I did was spray it down with a hose and blew it off with a leaf blower. I am at a loss for words, in the past I would be washing it and spending a few hours cutting and polishing with a DA. There is not one scratch on the truck that I can see. This stuff is Legit!!! It will now be going on the wife's explorer.

thumbnail_IMG_3259.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3328.jpg

Pretty impressive!

Wow, looks like I need to apply the coating to my truck when it gets here, very impressive.

Did you do it yourself or have it done somewhere?
Did it myself, with the paint being new I only had to do a quick polish, alcohol wipe down, then put the ceramic on. Applying the coating was the easiest part.

You think that’s impressive, you should see how Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra holds up on our Client trucks. By far the hardest and most durable coating available. Insane stuff I tell you. Top CSU with EXO v4 and you have the slickest surface with a near 10H underlying ceramic layer backed by a 9 year guarantee via Gtechniq.

Last edited:
You think that’s impressive, you should see how Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra holds up on our Client trucks. By far the hardest and most durable coating available. Insane stuff I tell you. Top CSU with EXO v4 and you have the slickest surface with a near 10H underlying ceramic layer backed by a 9 year guarantee via Gtechniq.
1595968409049.png

Each shop prices their services, for CSU Black package it’s $1,400 for full size truck like Tremor. This includes 1 step enhancement polish plus ceramic on wheels and glass.

I will say my brother in law did it and it looks great (really what got me interested). That being said, I paid 45 bucks after a online coupon I found, and after the performance I just experienced, even if I have to do it yearly I think I'm gonna keep it DIY.

My local Ford offers Cilajet, going get the price today, anyone use this done on their Truck? I hear about Ceramic Pro on the internet but not so sure its worth the extra $1000...

My local Ford offers Cilajet, going get the price today, anyone use this done on their Truck? I hear about Ceramic Pro on the internet but not so sure its worth the extra $1000...
Yeah sure, if you want a warranty and not a true product that does anything. Modern clear coat doesn’t break down over the 3 years of warranty they’ll likely offer. However, you just wasted money and 3 years of life on the paint by using a subpar product. This was a toy hauler that had cilajet on it. Supposed to be a 3 year product, this was less than 2 years old and I had to completely restore and ceramic coat it. I would save your money and use a product like Shine Supply Clutch every 6 months or a sealant like their Daddy-O if you don’t want to spend the money for ceramic.

Attachments

• 4B567191-E177-4B25-80FE-A83FE7806B0C.jpeg
    4B567191-E177-4B25-80FE-A83FE7806B0C.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 72
I am a fan of the ceramic coat, You need to make sure its done correctly and proper prep work has been done. Prices seem to be all over on it.
But with any due diligence you should be able to make the right choice

I am a fan of the ceramic coat, You need to make sure its done correctly and proper prep work has been done. Prices seem to be all over on it.
But with any due diligence you should be able to make the right choice
Problem is on pricing is anyone who is “detailing” is trying to offer it. If the Detailer is professional, trained and in it for the right reasons, they aren’t charging $2-300 for ceramic. Product alone for a ceramic job properly done (ceramic, towels, applicators, other products, etc) is easily $300. There Is more to a true ceramic detail then washing and applying ceramic to the paint. The corner car wash offering ceramic for $500 is a joke. Haha

Problem is on pricing is anyone who is “detailing” is trying to offer it. If the Detailer is professional, trained and in it for the right reasons, they aren’t charging $2-300 for ceramic. Product alone for a ceramic job properly done (ceramic, towels, applicators, other products, etc) is easily $300. There Is more to a true ceramic detail then washing and applying ceramic to the paint. The corner car wash offering ceramic for $500 is a joke. Haha
agreed!

some people just think its a fancy wax job
The boutique shops around here want $3,000-$4,000 for a full size truck,
no thanks, $1,000-$1,400 is a fair price for a truck like a Tremor. Provided its the real deal and not a detailer scam.

Serious question here. I’ve read pros and cons to doing ceramic to a new vehicle / new paint. Is a good idea to do?

Serious question here. I’ve read pros and cons to doing ceramic to a new vehicle / new paint. Is a good idea to do?
Look at the beginning of this thread, so far I'd say yes. And if your comfortable doing paint correction yourself it is worth doing it yourself. What cons have you heard?

Latest Discussions

Back