Center console trim paint issue

Vicious-Peanut

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Hey everyone,

Anyone else where the center console matches up the dash (by the towing controls on driver side) that the last 1/8” is bare plastic? I don’t recall it being like that when I bought it but it looks like they needed to paint another 1/4” to cover the joint.

Yeah the very forward part of the sides of the center console trim turns a weird blue color where it meets the dash. Just noticed it today when looking for places to run wiring. Now I can't un-see it.

Yeah the very forward part of the sides of the center console trim turns a weird blue color where it meets the dash. Just noticed it today when looking for places to run wiring. Now I can't un-see it.

Yes exactly! I figure when thing Open back up to normal I’ll talk to the dealer but for now I’ll just let my eyes twitch

I’m almost certain that is plastic film. Likely to protect the plastic part during transit. Just peel it off or knife it.

I’m almost certain that is plastic film. Likely to protect the plastic part during transit. Just peel it off or knife it.
Had the same. It was a blue plastic film. I flexed the plastic back and cut the visible portion off.

Oh I hope you're right. i just noticed it but didn't investigate too closely. I'll look in the morning. Thanks boys

Hey everyone,

Anyone else where the center console matches up the dash (by the towing controls on driver side) that the last 1/8” is bare plastic? I don’t recall it being like that when I bought it but it looks like they needed to paint another 1/4” to cover the joint.
Mine is the same

Back