Center cap removal

Shiftman

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 XLT with Tremor kit
Current Ride #2
1984 Nissan Sentra 1.7L diesel
Dumb question...how are the Tremor center caps held on? With the lug nuts or just snapped on? It looked like they need to come off to remove lug nuts without scratching anything.
To be honest, I haven't got down there and tried to remove them...but figured someone could answer my dumb question while I'm sitting here waiting on my Line-X to get sprayed on. Also what size socket fits the lug nuts?
I actually searched but didn't find anything.
Appreciate you guys!

The stock center caps just "snap" on and off - they're basically spring loaded. And if I recall correctly, a 7/8 socket will fit the lug nuts. I'll confirm later, but I believe that's what I keep on hand in the truck. (y)

My last 5 of my Super Duties have all been 21mm on the lug nuts. A 7/8 would be closer to a 22mm so that should be a bit big. As far as the center cap goes, one end of the spare tire lug wrench has a rubber flat point on it. That is the pry tool to remove them.

Cool, thanks guys! I really appreciate it. I had a 7/8 socket with the plastic protective sleeve on it from my Ram. I'll go by the parts store and get a 21mm. I always like to keep a socket and pull handle in the truck.

They are very flimsy so be careful. spring loaded clips to the lug nuts
IMG_5798.jpeg
IMG_5797.jpeg

Anybody care to post a video of how to take them off easy?
I now have aftermarket wheels and tires so I do not need to do the pop n prey method anymore. I can't believe I did not break mine. I did 2 tire rotations no troubles but every time I was bitching at them and how cheap they are.

Has anyone put a chrome center cap from the other trims on these wheels? Wondered how that would look.

Sorry my late reply, but I just checked. I carry a 13/16 socket, NOT a 7/8 socket. Google says 13/16 = 20.65mm, and with prior info of 21mm, looks like you’d be good with 13/16 or 21mm sockets! ?

Do all Tremor trims get the center caps, or do some trim levels leave them off? A while back I saw some 2020 and 2021 Tremors on a dealer lot and some had caps, and others did not.

Do all Tremor trims get the center caps, or do some trim levels leave them off? A while back I saw some 2020 and 2021 Tremors on a dealer lot and some had caps, and others did not.
Mine were under the back seat when I picked up my truck. My guess is they are supposed to put them on during dealer prep.

Funny, I just pulled mine off tonight, took one Lug off and the center piece was easy to pull off after. Putting it back on was a pain, used a rubber mallet and rag to cover it but was a challenge

I took mine off to see what I thought. Haven’t put them back on. Been 8 months or so.
Lol I had a feeling I was not the only one that has or was thinking about it . For some reason it just reminds me of a 75-76 f250 high boy that the front and rear axle hubs exposed .

Anybody care to post a video of how to take them off easy?
They are 13/16" and the easiest was to take off the caps is to back out two lug nuts opposite of each other and it will push the cap off the other six nuts. A solid thump with palm of the hand to install. No scratches or dings in the edges this way.

Latest Discussions

Back