CB Radios - Lets See Them!

SManZ

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-250 Tremor XLT 7.3L
If you've got a CB mounted in your truck, please share!

I'm interested in which one you chose, how you mounted/wired the radio and antenna, and any pros/cons you learned about.

Thanks!

Following. Ive heard people use a bracket in the center dash to hold it. IDK if its the built right or a different one

No CB here but I've got a built right dash mount sitting on my work bench waiting to go in. It'll be for mounting an icom ID 5100. Ordering a compactenna that'll be mounted on a Zroadz hood hinge bracket. We don't use CB out here in the west too much because the range is awful.

I am interested in it as well. If anyone can melt one where it isn't directly in the way, and they don't have to have to destroy the interior to do it, please post pictures thank you

If you've got a CB mounted in your truck, please share!

I'm interested in which one you chose, how you mounted/wired the radio and antenna, and any pros/cons you learned about.

Thanks!
I have one sitting on my work bench. Planning on installing it inside my console, mouted to the passenger side, under the armrest/lid with command strips. I'm going to plug it in the 12 volt port in there and run the antenna coax out the bottom to the grommet at the passengers feet 4 inches from the front of the door. The antenna is being mounted to my tool box or an aluminum cross piece between my tonneau and tool box. I could not find any other place that didn't look horrible or I had to tear up my interior. So I chose to hide it. I will also run an external speaker under one of the front seats.

Last edited:
Please post pictures of it when you finish.

I can't remember the lingo anymore,
what is a 10-99 "good buddy" anyways????

cb.jpg

Breaker Breaker 19, what's your 20............Omaha????

Oh I chose an Andy from president electronics. Firestik no ground plane antenna mounted to my tool box in my bed. On my F150, I used a stake hole mount which also worked ok.

Last edited:
OK...CB is installed. If you look closely there are 2 plastic boxes at the front of your center console storage compartment. One houses the 12 volt port...one is blank. I cut the top off the blank one and WALA!...access to the carpet under the console...right next to a nice gap between console and carpet....slipped the coax and external speaker wire right through there under the seat rails. From there I slid the antenna cable into a factory slit in the carpet to the ONLY hole in the floor (There is a rubber grommet) by the drivers left foot (ok there is one by the passengers right foot to) near the front edge of the door. From there it's an easy run back to the bed.

Attachments

• CB.jpg
    CB.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 644
  • Firestik.jpg
    Firestik.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 641
No CB but I have a Midland MXT275 GMRS in the center console. Has 30’ of antenna cable so I just keep it in the pouch behind my seat and run it to a bracket I made and clamp to the bed since it’s a magnetic antenna and the truck is aluminum.

This is my CB install cleaned up and completed. I included a pick of the rubber grommet that gives you easy access to the front of the cab on both sides. Goin thru the firewall or trying to use the pass through wires is really a pain. The CB is a president electronics Andy. I would recommend a better model with a 6 Pin mike so you can change channels on the mike. I used a Firestik no ground plane antenna which made for an easy install and tuning. The antenna has a quick disconnect so I can pop it off and stow it.

Attachments

• cab_Access.jpg
    cab_Access.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 534
  • CB_DONE.jpg
    CB_DONE.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 531
  • Firestik2.jpg
    Firestik2.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 532
nice work.

does it generate any heat? I ask because wondering if you can still put stuff in there and up against it. It looks good.

Side question. Does your bed stay dry with that setup?

nice work.

does it generate any heat? I ask because wondering if you can still put stuff in there and up against it. It looks good.

Side question. Does your bed stay dry with that setup?
not that much heat...there is a small heat sink on the back of the radio but it only gets warm.....and yes my bed stays very dry

D9F52371-F473-475F-89BE-B13D2ED777B0.jpeg
769B35D1-5DCB-4D20-805E-0D0374D967E8.jpeg
This is how I have the CB in my Ranger, and I hope to be able to do something similar in the Tremor. The radio itself is behind the dash, out of sight. A lead goes from there to a female RJ45 connector also behind the dash. The microphone has an ODIN display with channel, volume and menu controls, etc. Currently I run the aerial on a roof rack, but on the Tremor it may have to go on the bullbar.

The radio itself is a GME 80 channel UHF with duplex and other features, but by far the most useful is CTCSS, which when we travel in a group is fantastic. No more interference from people not in the group, especially when in populated areas.

The microphone mount is magnetic, with a matching magnet on the microphone. Rather than fiddling with a clip, you just pull it straight out. When you have finished, it pretty much attaches itself once it gets close to the mount. I used double sided tape to attach the mount to the dash.

All up, a tidy, easy to use installation with minimal clutter, no brackets and great signal quality. As a bonus, you can quickly disconnect the microphone and hide it to reduce tempting thieves

@Pompey What do you mean its behind the dash? Nice setup. To clarify the mic is an add on ?

@Pompey What do you mean its behind the dash? Nice setup. To clarify the mic is an add on ?
The main assembly where the coax and power go is cable tied up behind the dash, near the steering column above the drivers knees out of sight. The mic is part of the kit. It can connect directly into the radio, or into the supplied intermediate cable as I have done.

Back